Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What happened to Kalin

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
Now both sides went full retard.
Usually, one side is more retarded than the other. It's rare for two sides to be equally retarded.
I don't have proper scales on me. But the situation looks like lose-lose for both sides.

Kalin aggroed the mods like a retard, knowing that he would get banned again.
Did he show some new info about mods or their character? No. Characters of the modding team were pretty visible from the previous forum discussions.
Did he change anything? No. The general modding policy would remain the same (the general approach to forum rules is very reasonable after all, the devil is in the details). Infi would remain the same (even if not, it's not the hill to die on).
Did he lose something? Yes, the character of an account. Lately it wasn't really likable for my taste. It still had its history. Of course a real human behind Kalin is able to create an alt or three. So what? He won't be able to participate in SMAC LPs or Grimwulf threads as we've known them, otherwise it would be too obvious and lead to another ban.
What else could he gain? Dramatic slaughter of the character that outlived its interest? If it was really so, then yes, mischief managed. The question is whether something else would take its place.
The only casus banni for mods to ban Kalin for the second time is shitposting.
Kalin can't be really accused with revealing personal data. Spamming somebody's first name isn't really sharing the personal information, unless it's accompanied by socsec number, passport number or something else like that. At least a surname. Banning for that is like banning for saying that Roxor is a Pole (and probably Andrzej or something).
Kalin can't be really accused with stalking, because there're people here that spam-tag others, many petty feuds with people shitting on each other for hours, there's an account named You that pinged half the forum. Kalin didn't approach a tenth of obnoxiousness that some people seem to reach here.
He could've been rightfully banned for shitposting. But, again, there're many users here that act at least as retardedly and obnoxiously and they keep shitposting for years. Mods do a pretty good job marking them. As far as I've seen (I wasn't really paying attention) few of them were permabanned. Even Maxie is here. And none of them had contributed anything I can recall on the top of my mind. Kalin had shopped his death pic, he put some effort (however small).

What did mods gain?
They've shown that they're ready to enforce the rules and bend them as they see fit. Wow, news at 11.
They've lost one of the oldest and memorable community members in a "business" that is completely dependent on memorable people.

The second is more serious in my eyes, because it shows a lack of judgement.
I've been a mod of a small forum myself. I know how hard it's sometimes to not act recklessly. They've failed their Wis check this time.
Maybe they should've tried some intermediate solutions first. Like banning Kalin for a month again, several times if needed. It's not like it would've been very taxing. And it wouldn't have required a final solution. Leaving your options open is always a good thing.
Who knows, maybe another meme would've been born out of that, a story of a Flying Kalman that appeared once in a month to spew something Infinitesimal only to disappear in the depths of the ban again. It could've been a story.

Now the story is over and it's full of shit.

Can't handle the bacon

If you read demograph's post without opening either of the spoilers, it reads like it was actually written by a normal person.

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
His post is really good, shut the fuck up.

Demo.Graph approaches human interaction as if there is an objective logic to it. That immediately disqualifies anything he writes.

Humans interact, not to achieve mutually beneficial and logical outcomes, but to exercise power over each other.

Tobi wanted to ban people who dunk on him for being a stereotypical power-hungry Jew. Kalin wanted to display that the Jew has no power here. The health and husbandry of a forum ecosystem never entered into the subjective calculations that these two mathematicians were computing.

And while these two analytical thinkers were getting chalk dust all over their lab coats, running out of Greek letters, and solving Fermat's Last Theorem... You can bet Kangaroo Jack was scribbling "1+2=potatoe" in crayon on the carpet for a giggle, but he owns the carpet and it's approaching 20 years old, so what the heck anyway.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The health and husbandry of a forum ecosystem never entered into the subjective calculations that these two mathematicians were computing.
Meanwhile DU who was supposed to be the adult in the room turned out to be a clueless dumbfuck. This shit is depressing.

Corvinus

Arcane
So what have we learned from the Kalin / Maxie saga so far?

01.) That the average Codexer is treated with utter disdain by the site's "leaders".

02.) That said "leaders" try to pass themselves off as the adults in the room and yet fail miserably at every turn.

03.) That there is a clique of honourless sycophants willing to lap the "leader's" anuses raw.

04.) That the Codex is an outlet of paid presskits being passed off as "news".

05.) If you mention this fact often and loudly enough you will be encouraged to leave - through being bullied rather than banned outright.

06.) The latter part of point 5 is in place so that it can be said that the Codexer left of their own volition.

07.) You can also be messed with in a similar manner (bullied off the site) if your presence offends said "leaders", even if you just made a substantial donation.

08.) You might be doxxed by everyone's favourite paid shill. Even if this leads to serious real-life consequences for you (and it has for some) it's fine. If the average Codexer hints at doing something similar in turn, even if it's simply reposting his (publicly available) name, he'll be cast out in a heartbeat.

09.) If you donate to the site your information appears to be shared freely and arbitrarily with people who shouldn't have access (I'm thinking especially about the one in point 8, who wears dishonesty like a cloak).

10). Finally, said "leaders" appears to be completely out of touch with many of the long-term visitors of this forum, with each new decision being more clumsy and stupid than the last. It would seem that the act of running an ant farm is the attraction rather than RPGs.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
So what have we learned from the Kalin / Maxie saga so far?

01.) That the average Codexer is treated with utter disdain by the site's "leaders".

02.) That said "leaders" try to pass themselves off as the adults in the room and yet fail miserably at every turn.

03.) That there is a clique of honourless sycophants willing to lap the "leader's" anuses raw.

04.) That the Codex is an outlet of paid presskits being passed off as "news".

05.) If you mention this fact often and loudly enough you will be encouraged to leave - through being bullied rather than banned outright.

06.) The latter part of point 5 is in place so that it can be said that the Codexer left of their own volition.

07.) You can also be messed with in a similar manner (bullied off the site) if your presence offends said "leaders", even if you just made a substantial donation.

08.) You might be doxxed by everyone's favourite paid shill. Even if this leads to serious real-life consequences for you (and it has for some) it's fine. If the average Codexer hints at doing something similar in turn, even if it's simply reposting his (publicly available) name, he'll be cast out in a heartbeat.

09.) If you donate to the site your information appears to be shared freely and arbitrarily with people who shouldn't have access (I'm thinking especially about the one in point 8, who wears dishonesty like a cloak).

10). Finally, said "leaders" appears to be completely out of touch with many of the long-term visitors of this forum, with each new decision being more clumsy and stupid than the last. It would seem that the act of running an ant farm is the attraction rather than RPGs.
Scruffy do you disagree with any of that? Ratings do not count as arguments or refutations. If you can't use words you should go back to the caves.

Bs0uTd7.png

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
The Chaotic Evil group has spoken. Anyone else from the alignment bros?

Mistaking the messenger for his message.

I'm basically TN, because to use a different alignment chart that is one shade less hokey, I'm INTP. I simply perceive and describe the reality of human existence without assigning a value.

The admins, on the other hand, might be LE and CE respectively.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I'm basically TN, because to use a different alignment chart that is one shade less hokey more autistic, I'm INTP.

All characters consider themselves TN. Nobody thinks they're "evil" or "good".

So whatever you are, you don't recognize it yourself. Everyone thinks they have the balanced, rational take on things. Especially the Chaotic Evil ones
smug.png

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
All characters consider themselves TN. Nobody thinks they're "evil" or "good".
True, except for one obvious fact: plenty of people think they're good. In fact, those are the ones you watch carefully.

But if I'm not TN, then why did I pet a stray cat yesterday after kicking a puppy? Explain that one, Mr Galaxybrain Gygax.

Fun Fact: INTPs are under 5% of the population, but over 95% of the population that cares about Meier-Briggs classifications.

Muh science!!!

Don't fear it. Just follow the science.

The science says ur gay

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
True, except for one obvious fact: plenty of people think they're good. In fact, those are the ones you watch carefully.

Very true, good point. I do suspect that to be a sort of a natural neurosis, i.e. that many people want to label themselves in their own minds as "good" to stroke their ego, or to make up for something horrible they did in the past.

Those who outwardly proclaim to others, that they are "good" are of course scary and should be watched carefully.

But if I'm not TN, then why did I pet a stray cat yesterday after kicking a puppy? Explain that one, Mr Galaxybrain Gygax.

True, that's a very
rating_sawyer.gif
action, but have you considered you may be C
rating_sawyer.gif
or L
rating_sawyer.gif
?

thinking.png

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

True, that's a very
rating_sawyer.gif
action

To the contrary, such lack of consequence clearly indicates one of the C alignments. Or aversion to doggos, probably due to extended contact with Maxie

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom