Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Untitled John Woo-inspired FPS from the developers of The Hong Kong Massacre

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Not sure I understand the direction the to sequel to Untitled Goose Game is going in but it's p cool either way

Now which comes first - Selaco (ZDoom project) or Trepang 2 or another projects which name I've forgot now...

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Came in expecting the kind of game that Strangehold should have been, and I was greatly disappointed. This is basically nothing right now.

Last edited:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Speaking of John Woo, I'm currently watching Windtalkers with Nick Cage, directed by John Woo. Should I be afraid? John Woo is overrated and Nick Cage is- well, Nick is Nick. But damn, I'm such a WWII Japan Get's Whooped buff!

deama

Prophet
There's that Maximum Action game that got released last year, it's pretty much a john woo action fps, it uses a lot of the levels from hard boiled.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Windtalkers is the kind of movie you forget about 20 seconds after you've seen it.

I forgot about it 10 seconds after I stopped watching after 5 minutes. Beat that!

Edited to add: Speaking of WWII Japanese (and off-topic a little), I'm currently watching Know Your Enemy: Japan a documentary from 1944 or so by Frank Capra. Its release was delayed and by the time it was all set to release, Japan had lost the war so it was shelved until the 2000s. Windtalkers wasn't worth watching but this was.

Last edited:

Curratum

After seeing the topic, I literally clicked to post the Maximum Action trailer / store page, but I see deama beat me to it :D

Ezekiel

Arcane
These indie shooters are always first person or top down or pretty crummy third person (Double Action). John Woo style is the type of shooter I most want in third person view. Because it's just as much about movement and interacting with the environment and crashing into objects as it is about aiming. If these amateurs can fully animate enemies, why not the player character? Cheap-asses.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Looks nice, but is this in a universe where aiming down sights is illegal?

Any modern "FPS" that doesn't let you use sights is ROFL levels of decline.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
These indie shooters are always first person or top down or pretty crummy third person (Double Action). John Woo style is the type of shooter I most want in third person view. Because it's just as much about movement and interacting with the environment and crashing into objects as it is about aiming. If these amateurs can fully animate enemies, why not the player character? Cheap-asses.

Shooting in third person is fucking shit who gives a fuck about John Woo? Lmao.

Those enviormental destruction clips are pretty good for what they are intended to show but that depth of field shit is vomit inducing.

I also fucking hate slow motion at this point.

Ezekiel

Arcane

Shooting in third person is fucking shit who gives a fuck about John Woo? Lmao.
That's because no one is doing it right. 95 percent of the third person shooters are about zoomed in over the shoulder aiming with slowed movement, sticky cover and stealth. Max Payne was in the right direction, but it never reached the potential of the idea. I agree that slow motion overall isn't that great, though.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Fear: graphicwhore edition?

Ha, if a game doesn't look like shit itsn't prestigious enough is that it?

Nope, all I said that it looks just like FEAR but with very over the top graphics and SFX. Which is not a bad thing, I'd like a good FEAR clone

It's just FEAR updated to modern graphics. There's nothing over top about it. FEAR was equally "over the top" for the time it was released if that's your standard. It's not longer "over the top" only because it's old now. Doesn't mean Monolith didn't try to make the most advanced graphics that they could back then.

Ezekiel

Arcane
You know what's retarded? Having your movement glued to the direction of your vision, like some robot. Being unable run in one direction while looking in another. (How many first person shooters disable running if you're not pressing W or going forward?) The crappy rolling up there is just one symptom. I like good first person shooters, but third person shooters (Good ones, which no one wants to make.) could potentially do things first person shooters can't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom