Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ambermoon rewrite (and unofficial expansion)

made

Arcane
Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Works fine in WinUAE, but this rewrite is certainly a lot more convenient . Just one click and everything works.

made

Arcane
Works fine in WinUAE, but this rewrite is certainly a lot more convenient . Just one click and everything works.
Right. As I understand it, the guys are also fixing some long standing bugs the game had. IIRC there were a few minor bugs but also a potentially game breaking one when saving and loading the game at the wrong time.

Mortmal

Arcane
Yes it's not the only amiga game with those issues, that's why it's better to just use save state in winUAE.Had some trouble when using floppies too back then, and now they are demagnetized anyway.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Died to the big spider again.
Damn this really is Ambermoon. Did Amberstar get the same treatment?
EDIT: I also hope we get a faster combat option cuz whew

Siveon

Bot
Also what's not being talked about is that the maker of this mod wants to make a third game.
I think that's pretty cool, do we have documentation of what the third game in the trilogy was supposed to look like?

made

Arcane
There is a faster combat option.
If you're dying to spiders in the cellar you probably should explore the house for better gear or take a trip to town and recruit a follower. The game is non-linear like that.

Mortmal

Arcane
They added resolution options too, right click on the hour glass , it opens the save.load menu and resolution and full screen acccess.

made

Arcane
Mortmal how does the sound compare to the Amiga version? I only played for a few minutes, but the music sounds just like I remember it.

Siveon

Bot
There is a faster combat option.
If you're dying to spiders in the cellar you probably should explore the house for better gear or take a trip to town and recruit a follower. The game is non-linear like that.
Oh I know.
I mean faster than that, near instant really. I'll take that advice though, despite the fact that I equipped myself with whatever I could find. Note that I said big spider, as in the boss, or at least one that throws poison at ya. I died to that one twice each time I played the game.

Mortmal

Arcane
Mortmal how does the sound compare to the Amiga version? I only played for a few minutes, but the music sounds just like I remember it.
The soundtrack seems identical to the amiga version. 100% faithfull so far.

Oh I know.
I mean faster than that, near instant really. I'll take that advice though, despite the fact that I equipped myself with whatever I could find. Note that I said big spider, as in the boss, or at least one that throws poison at ya. I died to that one twice each time I played the game.

Youa re supposed to do it later, while you come back with the tools for the cave in , the town encounters are easier than this one.

RuySan

Augur
This went right into my wait-list. Coincidentally I've been playing Lionheart, which is a technical and artistical masterpiece. Thalion were really among the top Amiga developers.

And Albion ended up being one of my favourite games of all time. Bought it on the week it was released and the box was lovely. Too bad I lost it.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Interesting, I guess there isn't a reason now, but was there a reason against the DOS version? It is a port but by 1992 it was rare for a DOS port to be inferior, or at least obviously so.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is this legal? What are the odds of this getting pulled at some point?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Can you use the KB for movement in 1st person view and not have it crawl with this new "rewrite?" IIRC, that's what I hated about the original and what forced me to ragequit; you had to use the mouse to get reasonably fast movement like in most other blobbers. Also, Is anyone else getting a kind of flickering when in fullscreen? It's really nice that someone tried to update this tho.

Mortmal

Arcane
Can you use the KB for movement in 1st person view and not have it crawl with this new "rewrite?" IIRC, that's what I hated about the original and what forced me to ragequit; you had to use the mouse to get reasonably fast movement like in most other blobbers. Also, Is anyone else getting a kind of flickering when in fullscreen? It's really nice that someone tried to update this tho.
Works perfectly fine with keyboard yes. No flickering here .

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Works perfectly fine with keyboard yes. No flickering here .

Yeah, I get a flickering/flashing in fullscreen as soon as I get to the main gameplay window. Tried closing all my other programs to make sure I didn't have some type of overlay running but no joy. It might be Geforce Experience or something.

Last edited:

Luka-boy

Arcane
So this game I've been curious about for the past decade or so can now be played in a couple of clicks with less bugs and some QoL improvements?

Thanks in advance for making my vacation next month more Inclined!
:love:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
This was some unexpected incline,never played it and always wanted to

AngryKobold

Arcane
If it's a full reimplementation of Thalion engine, in theory it can be expanded further to support Albion.

:greatjob:

Jigby

Augur
Albion already has a Win/Linux port

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom