Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Sentinel

Arcane
Jirae Narcissus: A flower god of Greek myth known for loving himself, his appearance changed into that of a narcissus. He was originally an extremely beautiful young man, but was cursed to only being able to fall in love with his own reflection from a pool of water.

Next: Foul Legion

DZt92ve.jpg

Xn08NcE.jpg

5Vui8G9.jpg

fFyRKuy.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
You don't understand that most of the money these small Japanese companies make isn't even about selling the game, it's about selling a special edition, figurines and other derived plastic products that have very high margins. That is why most Japanese developers don't care about the Steam market.

Selling digital products you've already made has near-infinite profit margin though. I somehow doubt the cost of partnering with someone who can produce physical memorabilia is less than the cut Steam takes. From what we've heard from various companies doing Kickstarters, the collectibles are loss-makers. While that is probably in some part due to amateurishness and inexperience, I would wager what keeps JP developers out of the market is simply uncertainty and inertia.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Femme Manananggal: A witch from Siquijor of the Philippines. She can separate her upper and lower halves, fly with bat wings growing from out of her back, and attacks people, draining their blood. She uses her unique skill, Sanguine Drain (weak Almighty damage which drains HP from one enemy; lowers Attack by one stage for 3 turns), while Zanma, "Venom Hunt," Zionga, and another skill (can only see 液) are listed.

I love this demon already. Also: That ass rub!

Sentinel

Arcane
Wonder if Asherah and Maya will be in or if they won't allow any new Kaneko demons since they seem to have blacklisted the man after stealing all his designs.

d1r

Patron
Megami Anahita:
A goddess of Zoroastrianism and Persian myth who governs over rivers and bodies of water. She is described as a noble and beautiful maiden, but at the same time depicted as a goddess of war riding a four horse chariot to defeat demons and tyrants. She uses her unique skill Hellish Spurt (medium Ice damage to all enemies), while Diarama, Rakunda, Matarunda, and another skill ending with "-on" are listed.

:bounce:

Momock

Augur
It's not cute, it's like a marshmallow man wearing a creepy fox helmet. I don't understand why it's not just a fox. From the description I understand that it's not even a god or spirit, just that the ainus thought that foxes gave them warnings with their howls. So it shouldn't even make it as a demon...

d1r

Patron

Next: Cockatrice

Drake Basilisk:
A winged, wicked dragon said to live in northern Africa. Possessesing a crest resembling a crown, its name means "king of snakes." Its breath and glare are powerfully venomous, killing humans and animals instantly. It uses Poison Breath, Venom Chaser (localized name confirmed in newest batch of screenshots - weak Phys damage on one enemy; power increases if target is poisoned), and Ice Dracostrike (medium Strength-based Ice damage on one enemy), while Matarukaja and the Big Bang Magatsuhi Skill are listed.

It's actually Basilisk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom