Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Ivan

Arcane
team Taichi + Riki all the way (in all honesty, Y3 has one of the strongest supporting casts)
:love:

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Nirvash

Liturgist
team Taichi + Riki all the way (in all honesty, Y3 has one of the strongest supporting casts)
:love:

Man, game is going down the drain a bit after going back fo fuckfucho and dealing with the old same shit.
Okinawa was so fresh, i wanted to take care of the kids more. (lil nigga is best boy)

And gotta fight wesker lol

Nirvash

Liturgist
Holy damn at the defense minister infodump.
Not sure about where the story is going but is still not full retard like kiwami 2.

Well, BACK TO OKINAWA, YES

But this is also the ceiling about power levels, are yakuza 4-5-6 about demons, aliens and then you fight god or what?

6am0iwd.jpg

YOU

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
~Boots up Yakuza 0~

Alright, time to finally play the game where Kiryu is actually a member of the titular criminal organization.

~five minutes later~

Kiryu: "I must quit the Yakuza for the plot reasons."

Goddammit!

That's backwards. Should be just when I thought I was in, they kicked me back out.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
But this is also the ceiling about power levels, are yakuza 4-5-6 about demons, aliens and then you fight god or what?

What actually happens is in Yakuza 4-5 Kiryu mostly dips out of the plot and you get the Kickmaster, a Baseball Bro, dance Pretty Pretty Idol Princess, and Saejima literally imagining he's playing a Yakuza game from jail.

In Yakuza 0-- holy crap, 30 substories in chapter 2? Can't space them out a little more? These better not be timed/missable.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
theoritically, if SEGA were to dub judgement 1 in English and release it with eng audio only on PC, it should null that fucker agency agreement right?

it would be better than not having a game at all, and give it a day, modders will extract the JP sound and mod it into the game anyway.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
theoritically, if SEGA were to dub judgement 1 in English and release it with eng audio only on PC, it should null that fucker agency agreement right?

it would be better than not having a game at all, and give it a day, modders will extract the JP sound and mod it into the game anyway.
Doubtful. The Japanese talent agencies are retarded, but they're also vicious and ruthless bastards. Johnny & Associates among the most vicious and ruthless, probably even after Johnny Kitagawa finally went to hell.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I'm at chapter 9 right now, that point where you're back with 3 characters; without spoilering how much game would you guys say I have left? About half the game left? More? Less?

Jinn

Arcane
I'm at chapter 9 right now, that point where you're back with 3 characters; without spoilering how much game would you guys say I have left? About half the game left? More? Less?

I'd say you're probably about 60-65% done with the main story at that point. In all Yakuza games, I consider the substories to be part of the main experience, so I definitely try to complete most if not all of them too, so depending on how you feel about that approach, you could have a good deal more time ahead.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Alright, good to know. Yeah I do as many side quests as possible, or as reasonably possible, before moving on to the next story marker.

I'm just loving the game so much I'm already in full COPE mode about it ending.

Last edited:

Nirvash

Liturgist
OK back to yakuza 3, back to fuckucho again.

Omg i can't believe

kiriya

Is ded, i really liked the guy, he deserved better.
I'm sad, unlike all the other deaths.

Man, i want more stuff about the kids, fuckucho side crap is absolute garbage in this game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom