Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Zariusz

Arbiter
Is there an East Underrail? Unless the only thing east is Black Sea.

There was a discussion once about the location of the Grey Army Base, but I do not remember the conclusion.
Underrail slavs are in Western underrail from what i remember. Or according to one of the zoners south west.

Tygrende

Arbiter
JKK boss came from the east and is rumored to have been involved in slave trade back there. This is the only mention of the east that I am aware of. You can read about this in the oculus database.

Zariusz

Arbiter
JKK boss came from the east and is rumored to have been involved in slave trade back there. This is the only mention of the east that I am aware of. You can read about this in the oculus database.
Nah, like i said earlier i fucked up certain quests and i have no option to join them.
It would be cool to see that with each new expansion another chunk of underrail would be added but it seems that infusion will be practically its own game ehh.

Zeem

Learned
Nah, like i said earlier i fucked up certain quests and i have no option to join them.
It would be cool to see that with each new expansion another chunk of underrail would be added but it seems that infusion will be practically its own game ehh.
It won't be a practically new game, it will be an entirely new game with significantly overhauled engine.

Zariusz

Arbiter
It won't be a practically new game, it will be an entirely new game with significantly overhauled engine.
Yes i know, i saw dev diaries about 3d models and better use of map size. Though i don't get it, whole new game, no content compatibility with base Underrail, overhauled engine and its still called standalone expansion. Isn't better to just call it new game set in Underrail universe or smt like that?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Turns out that Constantine will actually sell the plasma beam mentor. Got it before even starting oligarchs quest line when grinding for the bolt quiver, sweet. He sells stasis early too.
At what level mercantile did you get this?

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
Yes i know, i saw dev diaries about 3d models and better use of map size. Though i don't get it, whole new game, no content compatibility with base Underrail, overhauled engine and its still called standalone expansion. Isn't better to just call it new game set in Underrail universe or smt like that?
It's a new game, we were thinking about a standalone expansion, but as we tought about everything we wanted to overhaul, we decided its going to be a new game.
Styg mentioned it somewhere on our discord, there is no real need to make to much noise as there is not a lot of things to show of.

Zariusz

Arbiter
It's a new game, we were thinking about a standalone expansion, but as we tought about everything we wanted to overhaul, we decided its going to be a new game.
Styg mentioned it somewhere on our discord, there is no real need to make to much noise as there is not a lot of things to show of.
By the way, is there a chance in the future for an update that would allow us to explore Omega Station?

Trashos

Arcane
Playing on Dominating, I learn new things every day. I just learnt for example, that in the Abandoned Warehouse
there is an Industrial Robot. I was still cool about it, because I had 3 full lines of bear traps between it and myself (I was expecting to face 2 plasma sentries), and I could go hide in the adjacent room at the end of rounds while it was preoccupied being trapped.

Then I learnt that Industrial Robots do not get trapped by bear traps. Imagine my surprise.

Live and learn. Or, in this case, die and learn.

Zeem

Learned
Playing on Dominating, I learn new things every day. I just learnt for example, that in the Abandoned Warehouse
there is an Industrial Robot. I was still cool about it, because I had 3 full lines of bear traps between it and myself (I was expecting to face 2 plasma sentries), and I could go hide in the adjacent room at the end of rounds while it was preoccupied being trapped.

Then I learnt that Industrial Robots do not get trapped by bear traps. Imagine my surprise.

Live and learn. Or, in this case, die and learn.
Just get the chadbot to infight the death stalkers with some noise.

Trashos

Arcane

I got it on 2nd try.
Yes, that's what I do there, but there is significant room for error with that method. It was still OK on Hard with the 2 plasma sentries that I could prepare traps for, but now with the Industrial Bot I am not so sure. Anyway, I plan to utilize doors in future tries, assuming it cannot open them.

Trashos

Arcane
Right, that's the method I have been using. But there have been times where I was only attacked by the stalkers, and there was even a time when the stalkers attacked me while I was planting my traps (before throwing the grenade -and no, I had not opened the shortcut door for them).

In my successful try on Dominating, after I threw the grenade the stalkers attacked the plasma sentry, while the Industrial Bot came alone to check the noise. There are many different scenarios that can take place down there.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

I got it on 2nd try.
Yes, that's what I do there, but there is significant room for error with that method. It was still OK on Hard with the 2 plasma sentries that I could prepare traps for, but now with the Industrial Bot I am not so sure. Anyway, I plan to utilize doors in future tries, assuming it cannot open them.

Lock yourself in a room. The bot returns to guard the large room after killing the insects.

Trashos

Arcane
Yes, that's what I will probably do, but in the rare case that the stalkers do not fight the robots (which has happened to me a couple of times) and come after me, I am fucked. So I am not really happy with it.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Yes, that's what I will probably do, but in the rare case that the stalkers do not fight the robots (which has happened to me a couple of times) and come after me, I am fucked. So I am not really happy with it.

Don't they return as well? End combat and just wait. The stalkers also tend to trip over mines that were already placed there.

grumf

Novice
I didn't like how Silent Isle played. I can see why some players leave it for later. My strategy was
slowly taking out the rathounds to the east with bear traps, and then stealthing my way to the Cargo. Since I do not have Quick Tinkering, it was challenging planting the traps where I wanted them, plus the rats kept retreating to the North for some reason. So the whole process took me about 90 minutes.

Moving on.

I resort to fully bear trapping 4-5 tiles east/west of the mind shroom and just lobbing gas grenades / molotovs from near the captain.

Getting upgraded enemies to kill death stalkers is the best part of playing dominating. They think they're tough but here comes the ancient rathound/industrial bot/cuttlesnail to wreck their shit.

Trashos

Arcane
My 1st Dominating effort continued.

Rail Crossing main quest at lvl15 was fine. I thought Camp Hathor Mine (even at lvl16) was significantly harder than what it was on Hard. On Hard I would kill a couple of lone stray burrowers and then stealth to the upper level. On Dominating I had to fight everything inside the mine, and usually a few of them together. Plus, Burrower Warriors.

I tried grenade noise to get them away from the ladder, but it only worked on the spawns (and it also brought in everyone from the subcave, of course). Maybe next time I will try TNT. If that still does not work, then I do not think that full stealth is an option anymore inside the mine.

So for me it will be Rail Crossing before Camp Hathor from now on.

EDIT: Daaaamn, the fight around the Dead Man in the Rathound King Lair! Thank Tchort for the Enter key.

Last edited:

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Giving this another shot and shotgun/traps/stealth/evasion has been pretty fun and powerful so far.

I was wondering if I will severely regret not investing anything into crafting? I got seriously burned with that stuff in ATOM where despite all the work to craft high level guns there would be something superior available for a few coins with a basic local merchant.

Crafting in this seems nuch more well developed, will not investing lock me out of being able to build amazing grenades and traps?

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
You can definitely craft better stuff than you can buy anywhere, unless that was changed very recently.

So is some investment into crafting a given when you guys decide on a build or is it an all or nothing thing?

jackofshadows

Magister
I was wondering if I will severely regret not investing anything into crafting?
Yes you will, probably. Technically, without investing into specific craft perks you can buy desired weapon and other gear (with immense luck or by extensive re-stocking via cheat engine) and even some hight tier grenades/traps but in practice it's so much more convenient to craft gear not to mention real advantages with using said perks (like gun nut etc).
So is some investment into crafting a given when you guys decide on a build or is it an all or nothing thing?
"Some" invenstment regarding secondary skills like chemistry or biology but when it comes to mechanics or electronics it's all or nothing usually in order to craft the top stuff in late game.

Last edited:

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Yeah, thinking I should re-roll so and drop any of the skills I wasn't really using and dump them into mechanics and tailoring.

Would be a shame to get into this game and to remain locked out of the fanciest toys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom