Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FPS multiplayer games are about to be broken

deama

Prophet

TL;DR: Impossible to detect aimbot with machine learning is able to either assist the player or straight up take control and do the work for the player. Not sure if the software does movement as well or not.

Only downside is that sadly you need a separate computer to run this and hook it up to your primary computer via a HID device (human interface that mimicks a controller, keyboard, or mouse etc...), but not really that expensive as I'm not sure if you need a super GPU or if a regular 970 will work fine.

fork

Who cares. Modern FPSs, multiplayer or not, are so bad that no amount of cheating can make them worse.

A horse of course

Zoomer streamers already cheat all the time on twitch and get away with it (whilst anyone that kills them gets banned for "stream sniping"). I don't see this making much of a difference to regular players.

fork

Old-school FPSs have been operating on an honour-basis for a while now.
There's also no price money to speak of there.

I wish I had a handful of training partners. Why would anyone use this tech in classic FPSs?

fork

Also, if anyone reading this wants to play some Quake 3 OSP duels, preferably on good maps like ztn3t1, hub3aeroq3 or cpm1a, let me know.*

*low skill level though.

Last edited by a moderator:

garren

Arcane
Patron
Meh, not like I play multiplayer games anymore anyway. Let them crash and burn, and let the glorious single player masterpiece games era begin. Wait they don't do those anymore either :negative:.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Is impossible to detect

ROFL. Okay.

But otherwise yeah, I don't care. Maybe somebody will use this to troll le popular streamers and make the world a better place.

Imagine thinking actually being a celebrity because you play a video game at an above average level. The internet was a mistake.

Last edited:

fork

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY QUAKE3 DUEL, NO MATTER THE MOD, SEND ME A PM!
Jesus Christ, no wonder everything is shit nowadays. If you never played Q3, you're unqualified to judge other FPSs.
It's all beyond pathetic nowadays - zero skill, 100% monetisation.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Make it for WoW or something and people will make a fortune before it gets shut down. FPSs these days are just cheap babysitters.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Bot farmers / gold sellers can easily kill a game. But it would be even worse if it could actually play the game better than the players. Most of those games would be totally screwed by this.

fork

I would play, but I'm bad at duels, so I won't play.

I'm bad as well, that's the beauty of real FPSs, they make you feel bad.
Well, that doesn't quite convey what I mean, lol.
But seriously, if you know how to point your mouse and how to move, Quake 3 is the duel multiplayer FPS to play. It's worlds better than the next best thing.

Curratum

Yeah, I'm sure every 18-year-old cheating shit online has the money and skill to set up a secondary PC with a dedicated capture card, then go through with buying and hooking up the extra hardware device, just so he can cheat in an online game...

Stop posting clickbait bullshit, folks...

Ravielsk

Magister
Considering that we are in the middle of a major chip shortage I would not worry about armies of "undetectable aimbots" pooping out any time soon, just make sure to block any player with a chinese sounding name and you should be fine for the most part.

Then again something like this was inevitable considering the modern focus on progression systems, unlocks and achievements. In 2009 cheating was something done purely for shits and giggles or because you really sucked but otherwise there was nothing to be gained from it long term. Nowadays however the game are borderline designed for bots with their endless treadmill mechanics so really its a small wonder this did not happen sooner.

Magitex

Educated
Now they just need to be able to play rest of the game for players, and we will finally have good AI?

Keep in mind, we can also use neural networking to detect aimbots in the same fashion - it's just a question who has the most resources.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
1) Unlikely it's undetectable, and if it is in a few months time it won't be
2) No one is going through all that trouble just to cheat

Zoomer streamers already cheat all the time on twitch

Doubt it
Most streamers are competitive players, even the thots
And streams are essentially, a way for those players to get money from their "trainings"
So there's no benefit for them to cheat during what's essencially practice for tournaments

You might be compelled to say they just cheat on tournaments, but nowadays the possibility of that is highly improbable, and even if it works in the moment, people will eventually find out in a few weeks time and the win is revoked and the dude kicked out

Plus in the last decade, cheating became of the most useless things you could do in a online competitive game
As those game are loaded with anti-cheat software and the companies behind that all have the same "no mercy" policy when it comes to cheating

For those wondering about "no mercy", it means that if you are caught cheating, you'll immediately get fucking nuked out of the game you payed for

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom