Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Oh. That would be why I don't know who she is.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

One brainwashed whore less :salute:

This whore is hot as fuck!
Shame she don't have onlyfans account :(
https://www.instagram.com/pheonixb/

She "left" CDPR but what was she actually doing there in the first place? I'm serious. I've never heard of this person and I know most of the PR/Marketing people, at least by name. I've never heard of this chick. Who is she and what is she supposedly no longer doing?

She was the face, tit, and ass of CDPR. In other words, their PR whore.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected

She "left" CDPR but what was she actually doing there in the first place? I'm serious. I've never heard of this person and I know most of the PR/Marketing people, at least by name. I've never heard of this chick. Who is she and what is she supposedly no longer doing?

damn looking at her video again and something is off about her.. maybe she was the one diversity hire at cdpr for the transgender quota?

Caim

Arcane

damn looking at her video again and something is off about her.. maybe she was the one diversity hire at cdpr for the transgender quota?

She's not trans, she's a Brit. That's why she's so... off-model.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
what's the latest gossip on this game?

is it abandoned?
is there an addon coming up?
a super extra ultimate definitive edition?

how much more I have to wait to have a bug free and enjoyable playing experience?

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected

is it abandoned?

how much more I have to wait to have a bug free and enjoyable playing experience?

we don't know is the only answer. they are certainly taking their time with new updates. this could either be because they plan a soft reboot with the next gen console versions so they sort of are holding a lot of stuff back right now or because half the team left the studio and the rest is dealing with spaghetti code. or maybe making a gta/borderlands hybrid using the witcher 3 engine was a retarded idea from the beginning.

Gerrard

Arcane
The only thing that's now needed as a cherry on top of this turd cake is something like what happened at Blizzard.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

is it abandoned?

They are in full radio silence mod.

This game will never be bug free.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
OK, I’m late to this party, but I thought I give my two cents anyway. I’ve finished the game this week after roughly 50 hours (all on patch 1.23, on PC and on hard difficulty). Gameplay wise the game is just ok, but what shines are both the settings as well as the immersion. The first-person-view is really well done. What pulls the game down is lack of a coherent design. The main storyline is very narrative and linear which clashes with the freedom of the open world: You’re supposed to be on the clock as well as hunted by a powerful mega corporation, but this has no impact at all on the gameplay. The writing of the main story is also very inconsistent. For example, you have the option to hand over control of your body at certain points in the story. When this happens for the first time, you’ll only see a super cut of what happened until you regain control. However, later in the story you keep control in this situation and can even make story decisions in them which make absolutely no sense. Also, you’re often limited in unexpected ways on what you can ask NPCs about. For example, you cannot talk to Judy about the voodoo boys once you finished that story line even though she really should be interested in the topic. It also doesn’t help that the all story endings are big kicks in the nuts.

I think this game would’ve been better if it wasn’t an open world at all. Or if they wanted to make it an open world, they needed a different story. In general, I think that the game doesn’t need more stuff, but less: Cut the crafting, at least one of the convoluted RPG systems, the food items, the rarity item levels, the car buying, the brain dances, the boxing missions, the racing missions as well as most of the borings gigs and you’ll end up with a much tighter gaming experience. Also, getting rid of the bullet sponge enemies would help a lot.

From the technical side of things, I still encountered some bugs and it still runs like ass. Given CDPR’s limited activity in the past weeks, I don’t think this state will improve in the near future. Controls are absolutely horrible as well and the cutscenes you have to watch / skip again and again during startup and loading are incredibly annoying. Despite all the flaws, I had fun with this game even though I hated it in the beginning. I give :3/5:, but it is a huge missed opportunity and really nothing special.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
I certainly hope developers pay close attention to this subreddit to have everything fixed asap and don't be like Activision where they just leave bugs and glitches stay there forever.
:hahano::hahano::hahano:
Gaymers are subhumans as the old saying goes the fool and his money are easily parted. Watch all those faggots pre order Glitcher 4 when the time comes.

Just like you have bethesdatards begging for new fallout and Elder scams after shitting on Todd for 4 years straight :hahano:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

is it abandoned?

It's already pretty bug-free - whether it's enjoyable or not, hrm. It's enjoyable in parts, but underwhelming in other parts (often parts that are really important like the build system). But you can certainly have some fun with it.
OK, I’m late to this party, but I thought I give my two cents anyway. I’ve finished the game this week after roughly 50 hours (all on patch 1.23, on PC and on hard difficulty). Gameplay wise the game is just ok, but what shines are both the settings as well as the immersion. The first-person-view is really well done. What pulls the game down is lack of a coherent design. The main storyline is very narrative and linear which clashes with the freedom of the open world: You’re supposed to be on the clock as well as hunted by a powerful mega corporation, but this has no impact at all on the gameplay. The writing of the main story is also very inconsistent. For example, you have the option to hand over control of your body at certain points in the story. When this happens for the first time, you’ll only see a super cut of what happened until you regain control. However, later in the story you keep control in this situation and can even make story decisions in them which make absolutely no sense. Also, you’re often limited in unexpected ways on what you can ask NPCs about. For example, you cannot talk to Judy about the voodoo boys once you finished that story line even though she really should be interested in the topic. It also doesn’t help that the all story endings are big kicks in the nuts.

I think this game would’ve been better if it wasn’t an open world at all. Or if they wanted to make it an open world, they needed a different story. In general, I think that the game doesn’t need more stuff, but less: Cut the crafting, at least one of the convoluted RPG systems, the food items, the rarity item levels, the car buying, the brain dances, the boxing missions, the racing missions as well as most of the borings gigs and you’ll end up with a much tighter gaming experience. Also, getting rid of the bullet sponge enemies would help a lot.

From the technical side of things, I still encountered some bugs and it still runs like ass. Given CDPR’s limited activity in the past weeks, I don’t think this state will improve in the near future. Controls are absolutely horrible as well and the cutscenes you have to watch / skip again and again during startup and loading are incredibly annoying. Despite all the flaws, I had fun with this game even though I hated it in the beginning. I give :3/5:, but it is a huge missed opportunity and really nothing special.

Don't cut the brain dances, they're one of the best things in the game! Otherwise, I agree with a lot of this.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I think this game would’ve been better if it wasn’t an open world at all. Or if they wanted to make it an open world, they needed a different story.
The story of a low key gangsta going up the food chain, going way too much over his head and being smack down to Earth by big corporation with all your "friends" abandoning ship because they dont wish to die would work much better for the game they actually did and would still have that "no future" thing theme they had going on. Problem of Cyberbug story is that they had the checkboxes: a)Edgy storyline with grim dark ending, b)you make your own dude, c)you play a "cool" anti hero character with Keanu Reeves, d)We also need a sci fi mcguffin, e)we also need the player feel bad because he has no future as this is a cyberpunk game, f) We wanna make an open world.

They wanted to fill all the marketing checkboxes and there wasnt anyone in there that was realistic and said "Guise, we will end making a frankenstein of feature creep, some of that stuff is even contradictory and we will run out of time." or if there was, he was quickly shut down by "Eh, we made the Witcha 3, all game journos say we are great, reality doesnt apply to us." If they had followed the original plan: GTA game but with real gameplay this time and you had your V getting street rep, going up on the ranks, meeting fixers on the Afterlife, doing real side missions, this wouldnt have happened.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think this game would’ve been better if it wasn’t an open world at all. Or if they wanted to make it an open world, they needed a different story.
The story of a low key gangsta going up the food chain, going way too much over his head and being smack down to Earth by big corporation with all your "friends" abandoning ship because they dont wish to die would work much better for the game they actually did and would still have that "no future" thing theme they had going on. Problem of Cyberbug story is that they had the checkboxes: a)Edgy storyline with grim dark ending, b)you make your own dude, c)you play a "cool" anti hero character with Keanu Reeves, d)We also need a sci fi mcguffin, e)we also need the player feel bad because he has no future as this is a cyberpunk game, f) We wanna make an open world.

They wanted to fill all the marketing checkboxes and there wasnt anyone in there that was realistic and said "Guise, we will end making a frankenstein of feature creep, some of that stuff is even contradictory and we will run out of time." or if there was, he was quickly shut down by "Eh, we made the Witcha 3, all game journos say we are great, reality doesnt apply to us." If they had followed the original plan: GTA game but with real gameplay this time and you had your V getting street rep, going up on the ranks, meeting fixers on the Afterlife, doing real side missions, this wouldnt have happened.

They could have had this Keanu story as the DLC. Would'v'e been great, you'd've "earned" your V and s/he gets into this horrible mess.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

is it abandoned?

They're working on the PS5 and Xbox Series X editions.

Aside from that I assume they're working on some substantial new content, like Blood & Wine for TW3. Except it will probably come out together with a free-for-all-base-game-owners patch.

I don't expect a Blah blah Edition of the game until at least 2 DLCs.

Gargaune

Magister
The writing of the main story is also very inconsistent. For example, you have the option to hand over control of your body at certain points in the story. When this happens for the first time, you’ll only see a super cut of what happened until you regain control. However, later in the story you keep control in this situation and can even make story decisions in them which make absolutely no sense.
I might be missing something since I still haven't bothered finishing the game, but I believe that's on purpose, a representation of your condition's progress with the implication that the construct is well along the way into supplanting the protagonist. When you relinquish control, Johnny takes over, so the first time you're watching him do his shit as an NPC, outside of the player's control. But as you do it more and more, Johnny's subsuming V and slowly being elevated to the status of PC, thus moving him into the player's sphere of control.

This is also reflected in your journal, which is presented in the second person as the voice V might be "hearing" inside of their head. When you start out, that voice is Jackie's, but as you progress, the Spanish terms of endearment peter out and by the third chapter it's all Johnny.

I thought this aspect was well handled, actually.

I give :3/5:, but it is a huge missed opportunity and really nothing special.
Pretty much sums it up, yeah.

ADL

Prophet
I've been revisiting the game with Tyler McVicker's 100+ mod spreadsheet and this one in particular really sticks out. Has anyone tried it?
Immersive Roleplay provide a new game experience.
- Gang Wars
- Multiplayer feature
- Scripting System
- Flying AV
- Editor in Game
- Custom Quest
- Taxi mission and service
- Team building
- Custom house, housing and interaction
- A framework to design your own world in Night city !
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1339?tab=description

Need to test it later. Seems to be quite advanced and it is more like whole API than just a mod.
I've been playing around with it for a couple days now and it certainly gives life to the open world. Haven't created anything but based on the downloadable modules available it appears to be extremely robust. The multiplayer is extremely primitive at the moment but there's potential to do something like Watch Dogs 2's multiplayer where others can phase into your world and interact with you through gang wars, player hack events and co-op heist missions created with the API.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I might be missing something since I still haven't bothered finishing the game, but I believe that's on purpose, a representation of your condition's progress with the implication that the construct is well along the way into supplanting the protagonist. When you relinquish control, Johnny takes over, so the first time you're watching him do his shit as an NPC, outside of the player's control. But as you do it more and more, Johnny's subsuming V and slowly being elevated to the status of PC, thus moving him into the player's sphere of control.
This stuff flew over the head of 95% of people who played it. That and the unrealiable narratorness of Johny.

Codex Year of the Donut
This stuff flew over the head of 95% of people who played it. That and the unrealiable narratorness of Johny.
I'm sure it did, it also went over the writer's heads.
Glad to see the cope is still going months later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom