Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGs where pants and boots aren't glued together

• Thread starter Can't handle the bacon
  • Start date

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
aeon-flux-feet.gif

Can't handle the bacon

I am [insert-whichever-codexer-caused-you-the-most-griveous-butthurt-here]'s alt.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
In answer to OP, I'm helping on a game with a segmented armor system [Head, torso, arm/hand, legs, boots] and I'm having a real hell of a time trying to figure out how to differentiate each article of armor beyond the standard +x DEF/Armor improvement.

I mostly just really like the art style for it. Realistic style armor is best armor.

armor-reference.png

Last edited:

Can't handle the bacon

Why are the gloves under the pants and the boots under the chestpiece?!

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
I think almost every RPG game (and ATM machine) after Morrowind had decided that it's ludicrous, inconcievable, and impossible to have separate inventory slots for trousers (the clothes you typically wear from your waist down to your ankles) and boots (those things you wear on your feet).

Jesus Christ.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
In answer to OP, I'm helping on a game with a segmented armor system [Head, torso, arm/hand, legs, boots] and I'm having a real hell of a time trying to figure out how to differentiate each article of armor beyond the standard +x DEF/Armor improvement.

I mostly just really like the art style for it. Realistic style armor is best armor.

armor-reference.png

Nice look! :)

To differentiate them, I would give them different types of enchantments. You could always do Elemental Protections, Attributes/Skills boosts and stuff like that. Looking forward to your game by the way! Cheers. :)

PapaPetro

I'm fine as long as it's not some "1% to stamina" bullshit.

Can't handle the bacon

Are there RPGs where you can change and remove your character's underwear?

Null Null

Arbiter
Technically, the goldbox series had boots, but no pants. They just had boots of speed and nonmagical boots that didn't do anything, and the Farrberjik boots that cast Dimension Door.

They were just text strings at that point, though, so not much use for the purposes of the people here I think.

(Although it's pretty easy to make combat icons to your taste for FRUA using the CBODY editor, and I think Gold Box Companion lets you import custom PC icons. You're dealing with a 24x24 picture, though, so I don't know how much that does for you.)

I think Ultima Underworld has separate boots and pants as well.

There's a barefoot character icon in Nethergate, I think, but it's really hard to tell at that resolution.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom