Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter Update #96: Feature Trailer

Nice trailer doesn't tell you anything new but still nice, no wait actually it made me remember a question that has been in and out of my mind but I thought it was too superfluous to ask in the general: They didn't change the clothes from the Kingmaker classes right? Since it was an alpha/beta I thought they left them as placeholders until the new ones although I realize it would be a waste of resources/effort, I'm not complaining though because the Rogue was easily the best dressed one (Followed distantly by the Wizard)

I have no idea what these words mean however, someone translate

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I find the trailer rather dorky tbh. She's blathering about fighting back and the righteous and then goes on about relationships and "even more." Fucking elves and weirdos ain't gonna save you from mr Numnut demon overlords (unless it loves a good fucking and you can fuck your way to victory).

This isn't a crazy spacegame where you wear panties on your face. Its not like BG3.... or is it?

Humbaba

Arcane
I just hope that all you unpaid baytuh testers found most game breaking bugs so they can be squashed right in time for the christmas sale

Shaki

Arbiter
I find the trailer rather dorky tbh. She's blathering about fighting back and the righteous and then goes on about relationships and "even more." Fucking elves and weirdos ain't gonna save you from mr Numnut demon overlords (unless it loves a good fucking and you can fuck your way to victory).

This isn't a crazy spacegame where you wear panties on your face. Its not like BG3.... or is it?

Demons are commiting violent acts because of their bad socioeconomic situation, not because they're inhenerently bad. That's a racist myth, not supported by modern science. Denizens of the Abyss live in poor conditions, with no education or social security systems, and when they come to Material Sphere, in search of better life, they are only met with racism, get locked in a Worldwound ghetto and hunted like animals. So of course they also become violent towards us, we give them no other choice.

Crusades only make the problem worse. What Worldwound really needs, are hospitals, schools, jobs. Not fortresses. And instead of covering their neighbourhoods with hordes of armed thugs on a power trip, who immediately escalate any problem to violence, much better idea would be to send well trained social workers there.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Anyone who played this in beta or early access, how does it stack up to the first one?
Still has uninspiring village building and weird time limitations?

Genuine question. It seems like it has less features than the first one from this trailer. Curious on the Codex's thoughts.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone who played this in beta or early access, how does it stack up to the first one?
Still has uninspiring village building and weird time limitations?

Genuine question. It seems like it has less features than the first one from this trailer. Curious on the Codex's thoughts.

Kingdom management is replaced by army management and HOMM style battles, generally seems to require less micromanagement.

People seem to be complaining less about time limits, but then I never had a big issue with the ones in Kingmaker as they were extremely generous anyway.

It seems like it'll be a lot more polished than Kingmaker at release, though that's admittedly a very low bar.

Dr Schultz

Augur

Demons are commiting violent acts because of their bad socioeconomic situation, not because they're inhenerently bad. That's a racist myth, not supported by modern science. Denizens of the Abyss live in poor conditions, with no education or social security systems, and when they come to Material Sphere, in search of better life, they are only met with racism, get locked in a Worldwound ghetto and hunted like animals. So of course they also become violent towards us, we give them no other choice.

Crusades only make the problem worse. What Worldwound really needs, are hospitals, schools, jobs. Not fortresses. And instead of covering their neighbourhoods with hordes of armed thugs on a power trip, who immediately escalate any problem to violence, much better idea would be to send well trained social workers there.

Didn't Ultima take a similar approach with Gargoyles?

I never want to see "poggers" anywhere near this forum again or I will chop the offending party's fingers off one by one until they repent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeriel

Arcane
I never want to see "poggers" anywhere near this forum again or I will chop the offending party's fingers off one by one until they repent.

TZ2FQtK.png

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Kingdom management is replaced by army management and HOMM style battles, generally seems to require less micromanagement.

I was hoping they would just improve Kingdom Management.. I liked the idea of building up villages and cities which opened up new areas and quests..
They just did a shit job at it the first time around.

Kind of disappointed they didn't double down on the mechanic and make it good.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I was hoping they would just improve Kingdom Management.. I liked the idea of building up villages and cities which opened up new areas and quests..
They just did a shit job at it the first time around.

Kind of disappointed they didn't double down on the mechanic and make it good.

Wouldn't really make sense in Wrath. The pen and paper has an army management and command mechanic instead.

Kingmaker and Wrath are the only two APs from Paizo that have any big "gimmicks", so it'll be interesting to see what Owlcat does next as they seem to like expanding on those elements.

Last edited:

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Can we look forward to terrible writing full of grammatical and spelling errors from lazy Euros who think because they watch American TV, they can write English? Because without that, I'm not buying!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom