Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Slug Tactics - tactical RPG with roguelike elements

Visperas

Augur
Yeah, I love tactics games and Metal Slug has that nostalgia factor but I don't think it'll be good...

Pocgels

Scholar
Outsourced to french devs who've yet to make a tactics game. Hopefully they understand that these games cannot rely on flashy graphics and groovy music to keep them entertaining for very long.
The steam page says both:
"Experience huge replayability with procedurally generated missions layout"
as well as
"Play and replay your favorite missions as much as you want!"
And I will choose to take that to mean the proc-gen stuff is there for people who want to grind, and there is a normal story mode. I will not think about the alternatives.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Each time a roguelike is made I will kill.

Edit: Shit, I kinda like how it looks.

SHIT.

FUCK.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks good. But, well, that's not really what will make or break it...

I kind of assumed even before the trailer that there would be units taking shots at each other in turns.

Harthwain

Magister
The gameplay presentation reminds me of Into the Breach. I wish the visuals were more in line with the thumbnail, but I can understand they are going for the classic slot machine looks, so I don't hold it against them.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The game-play looks more than basic, just like the arcade game but turn-based and with proc. gen. ...
Also, deterministic damage?

It only works for Into the Breach because each battle-scape is a perfect puzzle, a handcrafted jewel.
Here, i fear the worst.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Almost didn't catch the 2023 delay because of FIO'S MASSIVE FUCKING TITS.

JESUS.

ARE THOSE LEGAL?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom