Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mysteries of Westgate: 29 April 09 @ €9.99 / £9.99 /$9.99

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate

NWN2's "adventure pack" <a href="http://forums.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?t=90614">Mysteries of Westgate is due for release</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>'NEVERWINTER NIGHTS™ 2: MYSTERIES OF WESTGATE™’ Adventure Pack confirmed for WORLDWIDE RELEASE ON 29 APRIL 2009
<br>
<br>
- First Neverwinter Nights™ 2 Adventure Pack Available Exclusively via Digital Download -
<br>
<br>
Atari today announced that the first Neverwinter Nights™ 2 Adventure Pack entitled Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate will be available exclusively via digital download for the Windows platform on 29 April 2009 at a suggested retail price of €9.99 / £9.99 /$9.99. Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate will be available for digital download at the Atari store by visiting www.atari-store.eu in Europe or www.atari.com/us in the US.
<br>
<br>
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate provides over 15 hours of additional entertainment with all-new engrossing storylines, professional voice acting, enchanting musical scores, new in-game content, and much more. Neverwinter Nights 2 is set in the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® Forgotten Realms® universe created by Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS). DUNGEONS & DRAGONS is under license from Hasbro.
<br>
<br>
More information about Neverwinter Nights 2 can be found at www.nwn2.com, which includes user forums, project news, development updates and more.</blockquote>
<br>
Now for some currency conversion:
<br>
<blockquote><a href="http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENAU284&num=50&q=9.99+pounds+to+usd&btnG=Search&meta=">9.99 British pounds = 14.78 U.S. dollars</a>
<br>
<a href="http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENAU284&num=50&q=9.99+usd+to+pounds&btnG=Search&meta=">9.99 U.S. dollars = 6.75 British pounds</a>
<br>
<br>
<a href="http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENAU284&num=50&q=9.99+euro+to+usd&btnG=Search&meta=">9.99 Euros = 13.01 U.S. dollars</a>
<br>
<a href="http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENAU284&num=50&q=9.99+usd+to+euro&btnG=Search&meta=">9.99 U.S. dollars = 7.67 Euros</a></blockquote>
<br>
Europeans must enjoy paying double. Why not the option to just buy it in USD and let the bank do the currency conversion?
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com">GameBanshee</a>

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's basically the reason, yeah.

Of course, Europeans in general are richer than Americans, which is why they mostly "agree" with paying more for something. Don't know about British, I just know that 1 Pound almost equals 1 € by now, which is why I buy most games on ebay.co.uk ;)

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, it's like one of those girls who dress like whores when they go clubbing: it's like she wants us to rape her.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
So the game comes as cheap as 9.99 whatevercurrency and you still find an inane reason not to buy it but to pirate it. Your will to support an Indie RPG dev (Ossian) is outstanding. You are true patriots. :salute:

VentilatorOfDoom said:
So the game comes as cheap as 9.99 whatevercurrency and you still find an inane reason not to buy it but to pirate it. Your will to support an Indie RPG dev (Ossian) is outstanding. You are true patriots. :salute:

If I get the option to buy it in USD, then sure, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'm not paying half the price again just for living in the wrong continent, Steam tries to pull that shit on me already.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'll buy it and download a cracked version to avoid the DRM, simple as that.

Legal AND convenient!

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh boo hoo. Dirty foreigners have to pay an import tax for American goods.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
america_fuck_yeah.jpg

[Jez]

Novice
Admiral jimbob said:
If I get the option to buy it in USD, then sure, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'm not paying half the price again just for living in the wrong continent, Steam tries to pull that shit on me already.
Quoted so I don't have to type the exact same words, this shit pisses me off almost as much as microtransactions.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
VentilatorOfDoom said:

Except Ossian is shit and doesn't deserve support in any case, so that's that.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
wtf is up with that "LOL let's just sell our game everywhere for the same amount of money, no matter the currency; just exchange the currency symbol lol" some companies have been doing lately? It's incredibly retarded.

Also, what do I read here, installation limits? What the fuck is this shit, isn't this just a mod or something? And it has installation limits? What's the use of those, anyways? Pirates can install their versions as often as they want, honest customers can't.

Those two things combined just make it seem like they WANT us to pirate their game.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
JarlFrank said:
wtf is up with that "LOL let's just sell our game everywhere for the same amount of money, no matter the currency; just exchange the currency symbol lol" some companies have been doing lately? It's incredibly retarded.

Because you foreigners keep saying your money is worth more than ours. This is just our way of proving you wrong.

dealwithitw.gif

Micmu

Magister
I won't be touching this one thanks to DRM. "over 15 hours" is not worth infecting my computer with shit. See you.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
When I first heard that CdProjekt would publish the box+manual version here for (an equivalent of) $15, I was a bit disappointed. But lol, it seems other Europeans will have to pay about the same amount for a DRM'd downloadable version.

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
I wont even pirate this. Cause you would have to pirate NWN2 first. Takes to much time and bandwith.

Catalina

Scholar
Well, I was sort of looking forward to buying this, but if there's DRM and installation limits, forget it.

Solaris

Scholar
No thanks, that was the last straw for me. Atari can go fuck themselves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom