Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Stoned Ape

Savant
Rogues are d8 in pathfinder.

But can legend allow a Barbarian to have lv 20 in two different Barbarian suclasses? That would probably be the best for ERYFKRAD lv 20 barbarian suclass 1/lv 20 barbarian suclass 2.

-------

One critique which I have against mythic path is that there is too much CHA based MP

• Angel - Wisdom
  • Aeon - Charisma
  • Azata - Charisma
  • Demon - Charisma
  • Lich - Intelligence
  • Trickster - Charisma

I'm pretty sure that they changed all of them to scale purely from mythic rank rather than using attributes.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
What class have the most necromancer like feel?

Big undead summons? Demon summons?

Undead spells and generally just a necro?

and I dont wanna play an evil character per. se

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In all honesty none of the mythic paths appeal to me anyway.
Go REGEND and grab 20 levels of rogue.
I say it again, keep your filthy d6 hit dice away from me.
what about bloodrager? your rages dont stack but you can make one defensive and other offensive
Ok let me see what the wiki says-
"While many ferocious combatants can tap into a deep reservoir of buried rage, bloodragers have an intrinsic power that seethes within. Like sorcerers,"-NOPE

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What class have the most necromancer like feel?

Wizard/Lich seems to be amazing in the game. I believe that someone mentioned the 4 most popular classes/mythic paths in beta and was something like
  • Paladin/Angel
  • Cleric/Angel
  • Wizard/Lich
  • Sorc/Lich
Or something like that. Sadly demon is mostly about shapeshifting and raging and to little about demon conjuration,

Go Barbarian/Crusader

Or barbarian/two handed fighter

Last edited:

Polanski

Scholar

Nice trickster melee build! What would be other good class candidates for taking advantage of the inverted AoOs? Some mounted class with loads of skill points perhaps?

Humbaba

Arcane
I certainly hope that you can lock yourself into a mythic path early. I was given the impression that those things would define the narrative from beginning to end, I'd hate them to be some kind of male vitality pill you can just choose to swallow at some point with no build up.

You choose a Mythic Path at Mythic Rank 3, which isn't that far into the game. You can normally choose either Angel or Demon. Other paths which can be unlocked at that point by previous in game choices are Azata, Trickster, Lich, and Aeon. I'm pretty sure Legend is supposed to open at this point too, if you choose to not to follow a path.

Gold Dragon, Swarm that Walks, and (secret path) are unlocked much later on, and you leave your initial Mythic Path to take them.

Sounds good. Looks like I'll just go legend until I can go for the Swarm then.

GloomFrost

Arcane
First playthrough in every single RPG only as a White Human male warrior/soldier. No exceptions, no ifs or buts.
Second playthrough as an elven easy sluty, lesbian sorceress/druid.
Bring on the second of August, in Owlecat we trust!

Sharpedge

Prophet
First playthrough in every single RPG only as a White Human male warrior/soldier. No exceptions, no ifs or buts.
Second of August was over a week ago!

GloomFrost

Arcane
Second of August was over a week ago!
Please, please, please forgive me, I obviously meant September. :negative:

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

But can legend allow a Barbarian to have lv 20 in two different Barbarian suclasses? That would probably be the best for ERYFKRAD lv 20 barbarian suclass 1/lv 20 barbarian suclass 2.

-------

One critique which I have against mythic path is that there is too much CHA based MP

• Angel - Wisdom
  • Aeon - Charisma
  • Azata - Charisma
  • Demon - Charisma
  • Lich - Intelligence
  • Trickster - Charisma
2/3 of the mythic paths available on beta scale with 1/5 of attributes. IMO should be :

• Angel = WIS or CHA, the highest one
  • Aeon = WIS or INT, the highest one
  • AZATA = CHA or INT, the highest one
  • Demons = STR or CON, the highest one.
  • Lich = INT or WIS, the highest one
  • Trickster = CHA or DEX, the highest one.

What does Gold Dragon use?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

-------

• Angel - Wisdom
  • Aeon - Charisma
  • Azata - Charisma
  • Demon - Charisma
  • Lich - Intelligence
  • Trickster - Charisma
2/3 of the mythic paths available on beta scale with 1/5 of attributes. IMO should be :

• Angel = WIS or CHA, the highest one
  • Aeon = WIS or INT, the highest one
  • AZATA = CHA or INT, the highest one
  • Demons = STR or CON, the highest one.
  • Lich = INT or WIS, the highest one
  • Trickster = CHA or DEX, the highest one.

What does Gold Dragon use?

Aeon uses CHR. If GD is Warpriest would be WIS. Need non-Lich INT-based.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Absolutely. Luckily Archeologist fits well but there’s a lot of needless overlap in spellbook.

Seeker Oracle prob best fit for like four Mythic Paths right now.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm positive that the latest beta already has the mythic paths using their Mythic Ranks as casting stat.
Interesting, but I don't really like that solution. If they want to go that way, they should just have them use whatever the character's main class is using.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom