Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Redaxium - First person view. Stat-heavy RPG. Original title.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Where can I pirate this masterpiece without being [redacted] by the [redacted]?

nacho-why.gif

Gastrick

Cipher
Seems you're right! More weirdly I just discovered you can't even invest in a defense skill at the beginning. I'm not sure why.
Time to reboot again.

I'll try to get it patched within an hour or two.

edit; done. combat should show the proficiencies now.
The tutorial notes said that dexterity counted as defense.

Developer
You should say that to the intern who put the specs on the steam page...

:philosoraptor:

The memory requirements take into account you need to run your operating system. Depending on the bloat of the operating system that's typically 1 to 2 gigabytes nowadays.

But the real inflated specs is because I might just end up using more resources. At some point I will be adding the more organic looking structures, those I want to have the freedom to use a ton of poly. Also I'm not dynamically unloading resources either, it's all in memory at once.

CPUwise the loading screens in the game are mostly artificial with forced wait times. But they also present opportunity to do processing *IF* I ever need to. I believe random encounters benefits from this already.

Also both Fallout and Duck Nukem have loading screens.

One of the game's inspirations may be Duck Nukem, yet I intend for more complex models as I go. Especially for passageways which you can get a sample of what I mean if you traveled them. (One of them showcases some organic structures.)

To be clear Duck Nukem (not made by me) is not Duke Nukem Forever. Chasing down ideal technologies no longer interests me at the moment.

Other games have come to my attention. Like Hylics, Xenoclash, E.Y.E, System Shock (maybe), Deus Ex (the one with jcd), hell even CAvellone's Planescape Torment looks interesting. Considered the best RPG of all time by some (how could I not notice?)

People call my game vomit but I think it has a lot of compatbility with other titles yet to be explored. The cruelty squad comparisons I keep getting make no sense to me. Pure recency bias.

Anyway I've said consistently I hope to make the game as good as New Vegas and Outerworlds. Delusional? Maybe.

THE POINT BEING: Somewhere in all that having more gigabytes to leave room for creativity is a good thing.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I also find larger games have more creativity. All those gigabytes are filled to the brim with creativity

SexExitium

Augur

If you ever make merchandise for the game, could you make a mask that looks like this guy, I'll rob a liquor store wearing one and your game will be all over the news or the security footage at least. The investigating officers will "follow the money" as is customary, and install something called Redaxium on their Lenovo police laptops. Instead of solving the perfect crime, they stumble upon what appears to be the perfect game. Word of Redaxium spreads like wildfire through the ranks of law enforcement officers; and while the police are busy playing Redaxium, the society spirals into chaos. The government makes their last stand at Capitol Hill but it's too late, millions of people wearing Prospermasks march towards them like in the ending of V for Vendetta, or Occupy Wall Street. They are shouting slogans like "we are anonymous" and "I am Spartacus!" Anyway the streets will flow with the blood of the bourgeoisie, and once the Great Culling is finally over, the country will be ruled by six ruthless gangs: Blastquacks, Zaltenjocks, Romfores, Ethicsburgs, Wildpoints and Prospercanes. This time in history will be known as the Warring States period. What happens after that, well I guess you'll just have to play the game. If you want a picture of the future, imagine this guy staring straight into your soul, forever:
redaxium.gif

"no, I'm spartacus!"

Developer

How what?

Gimp Mask
A curious fan fiction men.

The story behind most models not having eyeballs or hair is I don't have time to worry about such minutia yet.
A warning though, character designs are not final.

If I want to I can keep old version of the character as a random encounter.

ExposedBrainMatter
Weird you're right. The game does have music. I'm planning to update video soon anyway.

edit: Updated the trailer.

Last edited:
Developer
Patch 0.59 is out.

I think I'll be returning to a more sane patching schedule now. I can do better work by slowing down and planning the batches of changes more carefully.

d1nolore

Savant
Reminds me of Myst. Spoiled by the UI though, when are you looking to refine the UI?

Developer
Patch 0.60 is out.

d1nolore

Probably somewhere around the time I figure there is no more GUI to add. Main Panel may get retextured sooner since it has to be looked at constantly. It's a little too monochrome and "spotty" right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom