Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stoneshard - open world roguelike RPG - now available on Early Access

Salvo

Arcane
Yeah City of Gold update was planned for August and now it's releasing (if it isnt delayed again) in October
Kinda pissed

Meanwhile Vagrus devs are putting out update after update

Tygrende

Arbiter
Yeah City of Gold update was planned for August
It was originally planned for Q2 of 2021, which is June at the latest. Then delayed to "Late Summer", which is September at the latest if we go with astronomical. Then to October.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Devs for Stoneshard are lamenting for past few days on their Discord how they are being review bombed on Steam. 99% of negative reviews are: game too HaRd, nerrrrf or wherez update?!?!?

Gamers are children 4LIFE

The only thing they have to to do is to add save on exit feature they promised.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
It was originally planned for Q2 of 2021, which is June at the latest. Then delayed to "Late Summer", which is September at the latest if we go with astronomical. Then to October.

So what? It's a game in Early Access, what did you expect?
If you don't like it, just play released games and wait at least one year to get a half-fixed playable version...

Salvo

Arcane

So what? It's a game in Early Access, what did you expect?
If you don't like it, just play released games and wait at least one year to get a half-fixed playable version...
This whole argument is about devs using EA to not respect deadlines, FUCKING READ

This is why I never play early access (although I did play the little demo like 1 or 2 years ago?). Anyway reading all the updates, and the world map, and the plans they have for the full game this actually looks like its going to be pretty damn good when it finally releases, and I do think it will eventually release so I am not worried it won't, but yeah these EA games stay in EA for fucking ever it seems...there is this submarine game Uboot or something I have had on wishlist for like 5 years it feels like, constantly in EA...most games on my wishlist seem like they are in this state, just in constant state of EA. I feel like maybe they don't even plan to come out of EA sometimes, that constant EA is a permanent business decision for some of these games (like Caves of Qud, how long has it been in EA? is it ever really coming out of EA?)....but I do think this game plans to come out of EA, even if it takes a bit longer than expected.

I think people might be happier if they just never played EA games. Does not mean not to buy them (because I will buy to support sometimes), but playing them seems to just ruin the experience later IMO and make you more frustrated during the entire waiting time...

Last edited:

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
if you start making a habit out of calling them out that just makes you look retarded, fyi
Yeah, it sure is retarded to call out dishonesty whenever it happens.

fool me once, shame on you

disgruntled fags can leave a bad review or point out broken promises in their review, but it's hilarious when they have their buttons pushed repeatedly by devs who have made it clear that deadlines are more of an estimate than anything. It's like you're all new to Early Access or something :lol:

This game could be dead in the water like many other Early Access titles, think about that.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Me and many other people have learned that Wayfinder is not to be trusted and do not care about their own deadlines, you got that right. Many people have also decided to share this fact and warn other people in the form of negative reviews. I see nothing wrong here. They more than earned those reviews.

disgruntled fags can leave a bad review or point out broken promises in their review, but it's hilarious when they have their buttons pushed repeatedly by devs who have made it clear that deadlines are more of an estimate than anything.
Going from June to October in 3 delays total is not an "estimate", it's simply unprofessional. Answer me this - if you're not going to give a single fuck about the deadlines, why even come up with them anyways? To piss people off?

It's like you're all new to Early Access or something :lol:
Would you use the same argument for an AAA game being a buggy mess on release? I don't care how many devs are also doing it, wrong things don't become right the more people do them. Breaking promises is wrong and should be complained about whenever it happens. Just don't come up with deadlines if you can't meet them, it's that simple.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Me and many other people have learned that Wayfinder is not to be trusted and do not care about their own deadlines, you got that right. Many people have also decided to share this fact and warn other people in the form of negative reviews. I see nothing wrong here. They more than earned those reviews.

I personally care more about the game experience itself than its development history. You are the kind of people who would have denied that Grimwah would ever see the light of day (though Cleve being Cleve, his detractors only were additional motivation to him. I hope these devs feel the same)

Going from June to October in 3 delays total is not an "estimate", it's simply unprofessional. Answer me this - if you're not going to give a single fuck about the deadlines, why even come up with them anyways? To piss people off?

An excellent question (if asked once). I take it they didn't answer it. But doesn't it seem pointless to you if things dissolve into a game of you complaining and them finding excuses. Not that I mind you wasting your own time, but it IS retarded.

It's like you're all new to Early Access or something :lol:
Would you use the same argument for an AAA game being a buggy mess on release?

in fact I would. Patience, just as in other cases, is key again.

jackofshadows

Magister
Patience, just as in other cases, is key again.
Key to what, exactly? Why you see release as a given? You're talking about "waste of time" regarding complains on a random forum while if this game will never see the release day the real fucking waste of time would be shill's passages like yours or basically any real talk about game's muh potential, pros and so on which lead to actual playing this unfinished mess.

Last edited:

Tygrende

Arbiter
But doesn't it seem pointless to you if things dissolve into a game of you complaining and them finding excuses.
Not really, me and anyone who paid for the game are within their rights to complain about the creator breaking their own word. Silence is too often confused with approval. The devs should be constantly reminded that they're being unprofessional.

Not that I mind you wasting your own time, but it IS retarded.
Is you complaining about me complaining also retarded, or do you have a double standard ready?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It's not like you're running a subscription and have to keep giving them money. You've been supporting a game that, at its current state, delivered most if not all of what was originally promised in the kickstarter. That's what you paid for. As for the devs, having a rough estimate and deadline that you set yourself creates pressure, which is oftentimes needed when you can easily fall into the trap of overdeveloping certain features instead of shipping them when theyre "good enough". Yet the devs decided that strictly adhering to deadlines would compromise the quality of the product, and thus delay them multiple times. Not great, no, but if its a common occurrence you learn to simply not trust those dates anymore. The updates they do release are good, so why bicker about it?

That aside, giving negative reviews because "the dev didnt keep their promise" is fucking ridiculous. The game is good, albeit needs lots of content still, and any one who supports the game at this point should have no expectation of when a certain part of the game will get released. That is what EA is all about. Early access to a game that is not yet finished (and might never be). Just because they say they will have an update ready by month X of year Y, doesn't entitle you to whine about it when it doesn't happen. As an EA supporter you're a part of the development process, not a customer consuming a finished product (which is where your analogy to real world business falls flat, by the way). It's like having a QA tester complain that the feature they were supposed to test on wednesday isn't ready yet, and they have to wait another week for it to be coded before they can test it.

Tygrende

Arbiter
As for the devs, having a rough estimate and deadline that you set yourself creates pressure
Apparently not. You know what actually creates pressure? Negative reviews.
Yet the devs decided that strictly adhering to deadlines would compromise the quality of the product, and thus delay them multiple times. Not great, no, but if its a common occurrence you learn to simply not trust those dates anymore.
If we are not to trust those dates, why even come up with those dates to begin with? To piss people off? It's working.
The updates they do release are good, so why bicker about it?
I am not discussing the quality of content.
That aside, giving negative reviews because "the dev didnt keep their promise" is fucking ridiculous.
I wasn't aware not keeping promises was a positive thing.
The game is good, albeit needs lots of content still, and any one who supports the game at this point should have no expectation of when a certain part of the game will get released.
Again, if I should have no expectations, why does the developer bothers with making deadlines to begin with?
That is what EA is all about. Early access to a game that is not yet finished (and might never be). Just because they say they will have an update ready by month X of year Y, doesn't entitle you to whine about it when it doesn't happen.
For the 3rd time, if not meeting deadlines doesn't entitle the customer to complaining and they are essentialy meaningless, why do they even exist?
As an EA supporter you're a part of the development process, not a customer consuming a finished product (which is where your analogy to real world business falls flat, by the way).
Wrong. I bought an unfinished product at a lower price with a promise of more content. Which, so far, has been a lie.
It's like having a QA tester complain that the feature they were supposed to test on wednesday isn't ready yet, and they have to wait another week for it to be coded before they can test it.
No, it's not like that, at all. QA testers are performing a service for the developer. One they are or at least should be compensated for in one way or another. I did closed alpha testing myself, I got compensated for it. I don't remember Wayfinder paying me. In fact, I remember the opposite.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
No, it's not like that, at all. QA testers are performing a service for the developer. One they are or at least should be compensated for in one way or another. I did closed alpha testing myself, I got compensated for it. I don't remember Wayfinder paying me. In fact, I remember the opposite.
So you touched the hot plate for the fifth time, got your hand burned the fifth time, and when it happens the sixth time it'll still be the plates fault. Gotcha.

Tygrende

Arbiter
So you touched the hot plate for the fifth time, got your hand burned the fifth time, and its the plates fault. Gotcha.
Yes, except the hot plate was sold as cold and promised to be cold after each time I got burned. I have since stopped expecting it to be cold, which does not mean the seller isn't a dick.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
The fact you keep complaining about it means you are in fact retarded though. Or maybe its literally the first Early Access you've ever been a part of, i dont know. This is what you get for paying for a work in progress that has no requirements or oversight. Been like this for years. Either deal with it, or stop paying for EA titles.

Tygrende

Arbiter
The fact you keep complaining about it means you are in fact retarded though. Or maybe its literally the first Early Access you've ever been a part of, i dont know.
I have already adressed that. I am well within my right to complain about it. I was lied to, which is universally considered to be a bad thing, which is worthy of critique. Not once, twice or whatever arbitrary number you chose. As much as I feel like.

I feel like I should ask again, does you complaining about me complaining means you are in fact retarded too?

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Key to what, exactly? Why are you see release as a given? You're talking about "waste of time" regarding complains on a random forum while if this game will never see the release day the real fucking waste of time would be shill's passages like yours or basically any real talk about game's muh potential, pros and so on which lead to actual playing this unfinished mess.

and why do you think the game won't release going by deadlines that weren't met but achieved later? So far nothing I've seen indicates that the game won't release in a finishable state (although the scope may not meet the hype)

Not that I mind you wasting your own time, but it IS retarded.
Is you complaining about me complaining also retarded, or do you have a double standard ready?

well played, except I'm not complaining, I'm calling you a whiny fag.

jackofshadows

Magister
Key to what, exactly? Why are you see release as a given? You're talking about "waste of time" regarding complains on a random forum while if this game will never see the release day the real fucking waste of time would be shill's passages like yours or basically any real talk about game's muh potential, pros and so on which lead to actual playing this unfinished mess.
and why do you think the game won't release going by deadlines that weren't met but achieved later? So far nothing I've seen indicates that the game won't release in a finishable state (although the scope may not meet the hype)
And why do you think the game will actually release? Yes, we're all know cases of games which were released despite severe deadline violations (say, Hero-U) but we're also know cases of games stuck in EA forever (Zomboid) or outright abandoned (GRAV/LifeZ). Not to mention Star Citizen of course. Repeated deadline break is a red flag to me. Like I said, we'll see in october but I'll be more suprized if the game will actually get that "biggest update yet" rather than it will postponed again or if the update will contain much less content that it was expected.

I get that buying a game in EA comes with a risk, Steam even explicitly saying that but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't point out dubious projects, for fuck'severyone's sake. And defending a lying dev just because one likes the concept of his game is a cuck behaviour of a high order.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Or maybe its literally the first Early Access you've ever been a part of, i dont know.
I've played EA games where devs can keep up with their own deadlines or simply do not make them. What now?
This is what you get for paying for a work in progress that has no requirements or oversight. Been like this for years. Either deal with it, or stop paying for EA titles.
Negative reviews and complaining are what Wayfinder gets for repeatedly breaking their word. Also been like this for years. Either deal with it or stop charging money for your product.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
giga cringe

as cringe as the tears of the butthurt ;)

And why do you think the game will actually release? Yes, we're all know cases of games which were released despite severe deadline violations (say, Hero-U) but we're also know cases of games stuck in EA forever (Zomboid) or outright abandoned (GRAV/LifeZ). Not to mention Star Citizen of course. Repeated deadline break is a red flag to me. Like I said, we'll see in october but I'll be more suprized if the game will actually get that "biggest update yet" rather than it will postponed again

welp, so far they keep updating their game, just not at the pace they promised. Hardly a red flag IMO. Unless you only extend your trust to software projects that are exactly on schedule.

or if the update will contain much less content that it was expected.

maybe stop buying into the hype. If the game ends up finishable, that'll be enough for me.

I get that buying a game in EA comes with a risk, Steam even explicitly saying that but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't point out dubious projects, for fuck'severyone's sake. And defending a lying dev just because one likes the concept of his game is a cuck behaviour of a high order.

I'm not the one who throws around the LIAR tag like a salty bitch. By these standards, Cleve was 100000000x the liar they are, and he still delivered in the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom