Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help me find an old game with almost no info? :P

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
All I remember: It is a western-style PC RPG. It may be well-known or hardly known. It came out around 1999 ish to early 2000's. (Pretty sure it was widescreen, and not much UI). I think there was a party but maybe not. It was a singleplayer/offline game, I doubt it had a multiplayer. It had a 3d world, low polygon like most stuff from that time. It was either first person or third person or similar. Near the start you go into a big cavern with high ceiling and the walls are slanted and it's all brown like it's made out of mud or brown stone.

That's about all I can remember. I think what I had was a demo from a magazine or website. I got EverQuest in 1999 and played this game at a similar time and it was single player, and kinda similar look. I thought this looks pretty good but I'd rather stick with EQ for now. And then years later I forgot what it was :c

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
With that description could be anything. Maybe Soulbringer, Revenant, DarkStone or Return to Krondor

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Are you sure it's an RPG? Die by the Sword from that timeframe sort of fits
Pretty sure it was an RPG. Similar graphics to that game though. I didn't know there were so many games, I've never heard of most of these!

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Severance: Blade of Darkness?

https://youtu.be/DRuudjlr7RA
Excalibur 2555 AD? Deathtrap Dungeon?
one of the later might and magic games?
Thx but nope. I think it was a similar game to M&M though. And that Severance game looks sorta similar graphics/style wise.
Realms of Arkania: SD?
I don't think so. It will probably end up being terrible I was just curious to play it and to see if it's even findable with such a vague memory :P

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I know that feeling, I have a memory of playing an RPG when I was a kid I never managed to find again and it's really annoying

agris

Arcane
Patron
Realms of Arkania: VGA, Realms of Arkania: EVGA, Realms of Arkania: SGA, Realms of Arkania: WXGA, Realms of Arkania: WYSWYGA, Realms of Arkania: Bob Ross edition.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Die by the Sword?

Also, maybe Drakan: Order of the Flame?

The demo started you off in the second act which started in a cave?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom