Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mortmal

Arcane
What really appeals to me is that as a Lich, you can reanimate companions/bosses to serve you. I can't wait to reanimate a zealot lawful good paladin as a obedient undead only to see him freaking out. The Queen too. I wanna make her my vampire bride.
It's misleading to call it lich, it's a lesser god with death portfolio,
you can grant clerical spells to your followers. dont think any game ever had such power trip .

Delterius

Arcane
it's a lesser god with death portfolio,
It's also a Lich. Becoming a Lich is the path they chose to harness their mythic powers. In theory every mythic path puts you on 'Demigod tier', which in pathfinder terms means 'grant spells on at least 4 domains, has Baba Yaga levels of CR'. Trickster should be an Eldest, Angel should be an Empyreal Lord, Demon should be a Demon Lord, and so on. The difference is that Lich is the only one with a story where they end up granting spells to somebody.

Last edited:

ChildInTime

Learned
What really appeals to me is that as a Lich, you can reanimate companions/bosses to serve you. I can't wait to reanimate a zealot lawful good paladin as a obedient undead only to see him freaking out. The Queen too. I wanna make her my vampire bride.
It's misleading to call it lich, it's a lesser god with death portfolio,
you can grant clerical spells to your followers. dont think any game ever had such power trip .
You can
become a real god in one of the endings and say fuck you to Pharasma while at it.
Wonder how they'll deal with that, considering that the first major DLC will continue the story.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Holy fuck. The mythic tricks of the Trickster mythic path are absolutely hilariously OP. It's like using cheat codes. This game is going to be a blast. https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Mythic+Trick

They are absolutely great and I'm going to be playing a trickster first after release, but I think all the mythic paths we have information for are equally powerful (except perhaps for demon, that seems a bit lacking).

Apparently the Gold Dragon and Swarm that Walks are supposed to be even stronger than the others, which id a bit of a scary thought!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Lamiosa

Educated
Holy fuck. The mythic tricks of the Trickster mythic path are absolutely hilariously OP. It's like using cheat codes. This game is going to be a blast. https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Mythic+Trick
U297Soa.png

Unless you know how to go absurdly large on skill checks they end up being pretty reasonable, and Perception so far has been pretty disappointing.

Skill Focus as a choice for feats, like Rogue Talents just got significantly more attractive. These appear better suited for an Eldritch Scoundrel than an Arcane Trickster, though they are undeniably good for any class. Still a shame about the CHA though. I'm going to be butt-hurt about that. Hopefully a mod will fix it.

They are absolutely great and I'm going to be playing a trickster first after release, but I think all the mythic paths we have information for are equally powerful (except perhaps for demon, that seems a bit lacking).

Apparently the Gold Dragon and Swarm that Walks are supposed to be even stronger than the others, which id a bit of a scary thought!

Swarm definitely giving of a the MotB Spirit Eater vibe. No doubt it's going to be lethal. Outside of the Trickster, Azata's Zippy magic and Favorable magic, along with other things tickle the caster supremacism in me. It's going to be a tough choice. I'll be replaying this game for a decade.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
At this point I have read so much about this game I feel like I have played it already. This was a huge mistake.
Feels that way maybe because of some participants' way of discussing various things across the game, but, in Codex fashion, we haven't discussed real in-depth mechanics pertaining to ever single class into every single mythic path. Compound that to the myriad of ways you can complement your party, and you have a wide array of, what we call, "experience".

We also don't know every single mythic path so we can discuss them all.

How much do you really know about the C&C of just act 1, for example? Trust me, whatever you know, it's not much.

I mean, are you afraid that you won't run into bugs if you choose to be a Legend? C'mon... would Owlcat want to rob of you of that experience? Think about it. :p

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Unless you know how to go absurdly large on skill checks they end up being pretty reasonable, and Perception so far has been pretty disappointing.

Skill Focus as a choice for feats, like Rogue Talents just got significantly more attractive. These appear better suited for an Eldritch Scoundrel than an Arcane Trickster, though they are undeniably good for any class. Still a shame about the CHA though. I'm going to be butt-hurt about that. Hopefully a mod will fix it.

Just play Archaeologist. Not that you're worried about beating saves much in the Trickster spellbook. I mean you can but it's far from the most powerful thing you can be doing with a class that gives you two Sneak Dice up front.

Half-Elf special Archetype lets you trade 3 Sneak Dice for three Skill Focus Feats and since it's a Rogue you get the "take ten on two skills of your choice" Advanced Rogue talents as well.

Saravan

Savant
At this point I have read so much about this game I feel like I have played it already. This was a huge mistake.
Feels that way maybe because of some participants' way of discussing various things across the game, but, in Codex fashion, we haven't discussed real in-depth mechanics pertaining to ever single class into every single mythic path. Compound that to the myriad of ways you can complement your party, and you have a wide array of, what we call, "experience".

We also don't know every single mythic path so we can discuss them all.

How much do you really know about the C&C of just act 1, for example? Trust me, whatever you know, it's not much.

I mean, are you afraid that you won't run into bugs if you choose to be a Legend? C'mon... would Owlcat want to rob of you of that experience? Think about it. :p

That's true but I was speaking more broadly after spending too much time reading elsewhere, including in depth about the available mythic paths, new classes, companions, etc.

It's my own fault of course, I don't really have the time for maybe at most 2 playthroughs due to a demanding job so it stemmed mostly out of a desire to not run into trap builds that would waste my time. Still, I get your point and of course there is a lot of stuff you can't just read but have to experience first-hand.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've really got a strong urge to play this on release, but a wiser voice is telling me to wait at least a couple of weeks for issues to be ironed out.

Whilst this does seem to be a lot more polished than Kingmaker was at release, I still suspect there are going to be a lot of (hopefully) minor issues on day 1.

In this instance I'll be very happy if I'm wrong of course. It's just judging by the remarks on the last version of the beta, I'm not convinced Owlcat will be able to clear up all those issues in the time they have.

For me it doesn't matter, play at release or months later I know I'll play this 10+ times in search of "the perfect playthrough" unless I manage to get that in the first try, which considering Kingmaker it's impossible due to so many variables (although it's mostly all kingdom management bullshit, makes you really want to not upgrade anything and leave the town in squalor to get that ending slide but then again artisan masterpieces)

Let me tell you that time I played the whole game again because I carelessly picked the wrong dialogue option at the end of Linzi's quest

Gradenmayer

Learned
I am not a fan of this game's encounter design, but Codexians picking hard difficulty and complaining that it is too hard is some next level single-digit IQ shit.

Sunri

Liturgist
Sosiel, male human, kind cleric of goddess of love, artist. Only romanceable by male PCs. :shitposting:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom