Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Peripeteia - Deus Ex-inspired FPS/RPG set in anime cyberpunk Poland

frajaq

Erudite
I still cant play this game on my garbage PC but Im glad to see the progress being made

Nito

Educated
Patron

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1437760/view/5211214394185465154

PERIPETEIA will be Kickstarting soon!

PERIPETEIA fans!

We're ecstatic to announce that Peripeteia will be launching its Kickstarter Campaign very soon! We'll be going live on August 14th 2021 8AM PT: followed by an appearance as part of the Realms Deep Live Show 2021!

New Demo

Along with this announcement, we've been working on a new and improved demo for you to try and see for yourself before backing. This is a new and improved version that has taken multiple rounds of your feedback into account, and offers nearly double the content of the last one. We hope you enjoy it.

Included in the Kickstarter Demo is:

- The improved tutorial mission in the perpetual night of the Underpass District.
- A visit to Marie's new apartment and in-game shooting range.
- A trip to the rain-soaked, revamped Memorial Tower, to pull off a high-profile assassination.
- An epic-length, multi-pathed, explosive exploration mission across a full-blown warzone at "The Chasm".
- Numerous improvements to the feel and flow of the game.
- A non-proverbial arsenal of guns to play with.
- A cactus you can talk to.

What can I expect in terms of backer rewards and stretch goals?

The full details of each reward tier and funding goal will be revealed when the Kickstarter goes live,
but here's an incomplete preview of the kinds of things you can expect:

- Both digital and physical goodies like high-quality artworks and soundtrack.
- Exclusive access to preview builds of the game and being able to influence what we include.
- Stretch goals like contributions from talented, well-known artists and musicians.

Why Kickstarter?

Money can be exchanged for goods and services, which unfortunately our (for the time being) flesh-and-blood development team require to continue being alive. Working on Peripeteia is a full-time job, and the Kickstarter will give us the small living allowance needed to keep making the game. We make as many models, textures, sounds and other assets ourselves if we can. This is not only because we want a look and feel that is unique to PERIPETEIA, but also to keep our development budget as small as possible.

When is PERIPETEIA going to release?

PERIPETEIA is going to release in Late 2022.

Where can I see the Kickstarter when it goes live?

We'll make another annoucement at the time with all the links and details but when it does go live, you can find the Kickstarter here:

90s.graphics/KS

Please stay tuned for our official announcement in the next 1.5 days, and we look forward to seeing you play the new demo!

Cheers,
The 9th Exodus Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Netch

Self-Ejected
Wish us luck, dudes!

I want to let you know that I am genuinely more excited for this game than I've ever been for a game before; when I played the first demo I came to the conclusion that if the full game is of that quality it will probably be my new favorite. You're pretty much making my dream game. I hope the kickstarter goes well and development is smooth, you guys clearly have a strong vision and are making something truly special.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
10,000 funding goal, 12 for the Early Bird tier, €65 for beta access, estimated release date September 2022.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shodanon/peripeteia

Peripeteia. Not merely a game, but a place. Immerse yourself in the newest Immersive Sim to be developed in the style of the classics.

Harkening back to Ion Storm and Looking Glass, as we offer you the chance to help be a part of; (and fund!) a dreamlike world in a future the past forgot.

You are Marie, a cybernetic agent born of the fallen old orders, turned mercenary for hire.

Become one with the ruins of a great and foreboding closed city. Inspired by the open level design, urban exploration and freedom of past Eastern European RPGs; yet blended with the complexity of System Shock 1 and 2.

You will explore, experiment, and execute your way through challenging and complex missions; requiring the use of your wits, skill and diplomacy to survive.

Welcome to Peripeteia.

Currently, Peripeteia is planned to launch on PC in 2022, and will be available via Steam. A playable demo of the game is currently available for you to download and enjoy.

Download the demo! Please wishlist the game even if you can't back the project!

3a6f7b4ae85294d5f510e3025f0bbdf4_original.png

⦁ Immersive Gameplay - Yes, you will be able to stack crates. And you will be able to throw them too, as a weapon (with the right augs…). That bottle over there? Toss it to distract the guard. 0451? It’s your password for when you want to hack the Second Union’s computers instead of assassinating their leader.

2cf7e45e229b451e3b80a029bd387627_original.gif

⦁ Massive levels - Become lost in a myriad of crumbling brutalist dreamscapes. The concrete hive will become your home- and you will become its master through agile and intuitive movement.

Wander. Plunder lost equipment and technology. Become one with your surroundings. Take every route. Find every hidden stash. Learn every secret. That is your fate.

⦁ Intense Shootouts - Peripeteia abandons the notion that an ambitious game should compromise on clunky combat. Aim an arsenal of experimental Eastern weaponry down the sights and pull the trigger. Watch as bits of steel brain go flying. A fine kill, agent!

89525ca6715eb891e4e3da8e2f4475fa_original.gif

⦁ Inventory Tetris - Every magazine, every bullet, every lightbulb and bottle, is not only beautifully rendered but present in real space, in real time, in your inventory. We have used the latest in lost Soviet technology to realistically bring your kit to life, for you to sort through, manage and meticulously organize- as a burst of PKM fire grazes your skull from behind cover.

0830807f0f53fa6229c3dab8f421bc57_original.gif

⦁ An intense story- that you will tell. You are as much a part of Peri as Peri is a part of you.

Living within the ruins of a fallen empire, you will interact with new powers, make new friends, then kill them. Your choices will have consequences for those who subvert, those who fight, those who preach, and those who murder. Through your actions, you will directly influence the fate of this derelict world, and the fate of those who wish to control it.

def44d3fba1d45ef4165fea1f4e0b2c3_original.gif

⦁ The best God damn soundtrack you’ve ever heard - Comprised of over six artists original works, Peripeteia is an auditory heaven of mist, rain and tears. Each grimey, gritty second within Peri's city is painted audibly with talented break and techno beats you need to pump blood through your veins.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I might pledge. I wasn't sold on the demo, but €12 is a lunch over here.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Moderate hype. Anybody know what approximate length the released game will be?

Divinity: Original Sin
Wish us luck, dudes!

Good luck!

Well, just tried a little bit of the demo, and one complaint I didn't see here is how intrusive the UI is in dialogue. I mean, remember how at each spoken dialogue in deus ex you would see various angles of JC and the NPC? Here we gave the same idea, but a big box of text obscuring the view, and the compass turning at every change of view, it's annoying. And you barely see the characters. If the text box remain that big, I'd hope the dialogue stays in 1st person view all the time. If the 3rd person view is intended, with all changes in the angles, put the text in a way it doesn't obscure the whole scene.

About the large levels, it wouldnt bother me if it had a lot of fake doors and porticullis. There's a long corridor with about 50 porticullis that are not you can't interact with, and it actually looks like a prison corridor and not a city building.

The main character poligon model can use some work. It can look be better than what it is now. I'm confident it can be improved because the othe npc's look nice.

I'll wait some more time but I'll probably help with the kickstarter.

Divinity: Original Sin
This is what I'm talking about - Just noticed that not only the UI textbox are in front of the scene, but the game selects random camera positions, sometimes behind a wall where you see nothing, like in the second screenshot:

Here, Ambient occlusion is rendered as you move, creating an weird effect in motion:
(look at the door niche)

and tone down cigarette smoke:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1437760/view/5211214394198208950

Home Stretch!

We're already nearly funded and it's been less than two days!

Thankyou everyone who has backed us so far: your generosity is deeply appreciated, and vital to helping us finish the game.

Patching the demo

We've been working hard today to patch some issues with yesterday's Kickstarter demo, and we're releasing that right... NOW.

Frequently ask questions

We've had some questions about backer rewards and stretch goals so, we thought we'd just address those here. We'll keep answering questions as they come in, both here, on our Twitter[90s.graphics], on Kickstarter[90s.graphics] and on our Discord[90s.graphics]. Please drop in and talk to us, we're friendly (honest)!

1. The DVD version of the game: full DRM free or steam installer?

A: The DVD will contain a DRM-free release build of the game.

2. If DRM free, will we be releasing patches?

A: Yes, there will be patches or new builds available via Itch.io or indie.db for which you'll get a key.

3. Is the DVD going have the soundtrack in some form too?

A: Yes, if we can fit it on there.

4. Is the soundtrack going be a Bandcamp download or steam DLC?

A: Steam for the MP3 version of the soundtrack. Bandcamp for the high-quality FLAC version.

5. How is the Generous Secretary "help us design a level" perk going to work?

A: Backers from the Generous Secretary tier will be allowed to contribute ideas, concepts, encounters, dialogue, NPCs; anything that goes into the design of a Peri-style level (within reason!). We will then take those ideas, and work with the Generous Secretaries to shop those ideas into a complete, large-size Peripetia level. We're very excited about this one because we love a challenge, and love weird and wonderful ideas, and combining them in interesting ways. Why settle for having an in-game "backer room" in your game when you can have an entire "backer level" that's completely playable and fits neatly into the theme of the game.

6. How do I get my special backer discord role?

A: Originally we were going to hand out rewards like the discord roles once the KS ended, but we're happy to assign them now. KS unfortunately does not support an automatic role assignment integration with Discord, so please drop by our discord and show us a screenshot, and we'll have you looking down upon the un-contributing masses in no time.

7. What will/can the "LORE SNIPPET" be?

A: We'll leave the exact implementation to our discretion, but we're encouraging you to write newspaper clippings, readable sections from books, government documents, or even item descriptions. If you have a fun idea how to flesh out the background worldbuilding of the game, share it! Our frob system allows for most objects to have an additional description attached to them (zooming on weapons or posters in the fourth level are an example of that), we'll have Deus Ex-style readable objects as well.

Shodanon

Ninth Exodus
Developer
Gonna back this for sure!
Thanks, man. Much appreciated.

I want to let you know that I am genuinely more excited for this game than I've ever been for a game before; when I played the first demo I came to the conclusion that if the full game is of that quality it will probably be my new favorite. You're pretty much making my dream game. I hope the kickstarter goes well and development is smooth, you guys clearly have a strong vision and are making something truly special.
Sent this post to the other devs, we are all very happy for your words.

as promised many posts before, the November demo level is back, with improvements, a proper quest line and better performance
and new bugs, which we're trying to pinpoint and iron out

I might pledge. I wasn't sold on the demo, but €12 is a lunch over here.
It would still be very generous of you.

Shodanon The kickstarter page shows OST download for Bolshevik (Early Bird) but not Bolshevik. Intentional?
It is indeed intentional, a "thank you" for those early backers.

Moderate hype. Anybody know what approximate length the released game will be?
Approximately 4x the content of the current demo. 3-4 large levels, with multiple smaller, more focused missions (we consider Memorial Tower smaller) between them. As things are with immersive sims, your milage will vary with the time you'll spend exploring and trying different playthroughs. We had people spend between 15 minutes (and saying "fuck it") and 4 hours on the demo, with some reporting to have spent way longer.

one complaint I didn't see here is how intrusive the UI is in dialogue. I mean, remember how at each spoken dialogue in deus ex you would see various angles of JC and the NPC? Here we gave the same idea, but a big box of text obscuring the view, and the compass turning at every change of view, it's annoying. And you barely see the characters.
Yeah, I'm aware of the issues with the conversation UI and camera work. I'd like to improve the angle to show both characters above the UI, as well as detection of obstructions.

About the large levels, it wouldnt bother me if it had a lot of fake doors and porticullis. There's a long corridor with about 50 porticullis that are not you can't interact with, and it actually looks like a prison corridor and not a city building.
Some of it is the level designers' intention, but I'll be nagging them to keep adding extra stuff and places to explore, and not just locked doors all around.
The main character poligon model can use some work. It can look be better than what it is now. I'm confident it can be improved because the othe npc's look nice.
Interesting. We were getting shit about the npc models and intend to increase their polycount to be comparable to Marie's.
I'll wait some more time but I'll probably help with the kickstarter.
Thanks, man. It will be appreciated.

Then, everything changed when the polish weebs attacked
It would be foolish to assume that consequences will ever be the same.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Shodanon any way to disable the "text decryption" animation in the NPC dialogue window? I found that to be very distracting.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1437760/view/5211214394201251591

PERIPETEIA: NOW 100% FUNDED ON KICKSTARTER
73902a6d40c00a61445e6e2de87e43df36d0821d.png

You did it!

PERIPETEIA is now fully funded- within 72 hours! We now move onto the remaining 27 days of the campaign, and with luck, onto the stretch goals!

Thankyou to everyone who has contributed so far, we could not do this without you. Thankyou for making Peri a reality.

What's up next?

€11k / $13k - A new, focused level for the game

ec86afe082d561e13ed5439ac6b3050a200ecee4.png

We add a smaller, more scoped-in level to compliment our lineup of larger more expansive ones. We're very proud of our intricate environments; and at this tier we'll give Peripeteia an extra one based around a single concept.

Still to come:

While we still have lots of new milestones to reveal as each goal is reached, here are two talented people that we're excited to work with, and want to let you know about now:

€14k / $16.6k - hirotonfa "McLinskey" art

We invite the wonderful hirotonfa (formerly known as McLinskey), creator of the Blu Rivers webcomic, to draw more Jucika/Vault Boy-style art of Marie for our UI and artbooks.

4fd8343ed03abfda973dc075cf1b8dfc14b66bc5.png

€25k / $29.6k - Ed Harrison soundtrack

World renowned composer Ed Harrison, aka 0edit, of Neotokyo, Tsioque and Deus Ex Mankind divided fame, will expand the Peripeteia soundscape with at least five brand new compositions.

2229525eda2db4ff6fb7757678d074290a6f4929.png

Like we said, still plenty of goals to come. In the meantime, please take a look at the Kickstarter page, try the demo, and give us your feedback on Discord.

Thankyou!
- The 9th Exodus Team

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Cool stuff, Shodanon! Congrats on hitting the 100% mark :dance:

Unfortunately, I had to stop playing because of a mild case of motion sickness (it's the jerky animations, I think).

From what I've managed to play through, I loved the atmosphere, the parkour mechanics, the verticality and different routes, though I wish the level design was tighter, with smaller areas, more "functional" spaces, etc.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
give character selector, Deus Ex had a huge variety of different characters you could choose to play as!!!

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
First Goal: Unlocked!

690ea0b76a9009065550fabf52add46748f22bc0.png

Congratulations, the Kickstarter Campaign has reached 110%! PERIPETEIA gains one additional level!

Second Goal: The Grappling Hook!

290a20df9f2640e66a943f56dc1ba9de77b30b09.png

So you thought you were able to break the game by being able to climb any ledge?
We're about to make it even more fun for you! If we reach this goal at 12.5k, we'll add a grappling hook that you can use to traverse Peri's sprawling, vertical levels.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom