Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Sentinel

Arcane
Timed buffs/debuffs and distinction between single/all are why I'll avoid this game for a long time. Fucking hate timed buffs in jrpgs after experiencing games where they're not timed.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Skipping a game just because buffs/debuffs are not permanent (or until dispel) is about the most retarded reason I have seen

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I wonder if they will show us one of the game's endings today? :shittydog:

Sentinel

Arcane
Skipping a game just because buffs/debuffs are not permanent (or until dispel) is about the most retarded reason I have seen
the dogshit art and persona cast contributes to the decision as well.
and complete lack of dungeons so far.

After so many clips released guys, don't you think that graphics is kinda weird if not ugly?

Those models of demons are too shiny and plastic-like, Persona 5 ones were much crispier.

Nathir

Liturgist
After so many clips released guys, don't you think that graphics is kinda weird if not ugly?

Those models of demons are too shiny and plastic-like, Persona 5 ones were much crispier.

I mean, it was obvious since the first trailer that the game looks like shit.

Last edited:

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

You are right.
5kcjMo0.png

QwGgTb4.png

One uses in house tools built specifically for the game they were making, while the other is an Unreal Engine thing. Guess which is which.
It shouldn't be an absolute for an UE game to have the UE smell but for some reason most devs who pick UE tend to keep that awfulness in.

d1r

Patron
Missing one about Demon Essences (seems like they are going the SJ route)

d1r

Patron
No point in talking about performance and graphics. We all know that it will look and perform average at best because of Switch limitations.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
because of Switch limitations.
Because of garbage engine.
If you can have a game like this on switch :

You can have a SMT V (with its current level of fidelity) that doesn't constantly stutter.
UE4 is just garbage.

Look at this simplistic platformer going ultra potato resolution to maintain good framerate :

All because it's unreal crapgine. Meanwhile Super Mario Odyssey is doing ok.

Btw that texture loading issue.. you see that even on good pc on some UE games. It's like a fact of life with UE.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Isn't this an unreal engine game? Don't both emulators still have issues with UE? Especially Yuzu.

Examples?

I've tested many games so far and only ones that would not run on any emulator were Mortal Kombat 11 and Hades.
Bravely Default 2 didn't work on Yuzu at all until they completed project hades and even with project hades out it still has missing textures and a bunch of other glitches. Most games on Switch are shit so I can't think of any others off the top of my head. The few I want to play either don't use UE or aren't out yet.

Sentinel

Arcane
Snake Naga: Half-human, half-snakes who were seen as the deification of cobras in Indian myth. They govern over regeneration and rebirth. They live in havens in rivers, lakes, and oceans, and when they aren't fighting, they constantly sing and dance.

Beast Orthrus: A large two-headed dog and brother of Cerberus that appears in Greek myth. He guarded the pasture of the monster Geryon and was an extremely capable guard dog, but was killed in one strike by the hero Heracles.

Deity Vishnu: A god of creation in Indian mythology and one of the three chief gods. He presides over the preservation of the universe and is a high god of Hinduism. When a crisis befalls Earth, he uses an incarnation called an Avatar and appears.

Herald Gabriel: One of the four Archangels at the pinnacle of angel hierarchy, her name means "Supervisor." She is also an angel of the Annunciation who notified the Virgin Mary of her conception. Among angels, only Gabriel is not sexually neutral but female in some interpretations.

Fallen Berith: One of the 72 demons of the Lesser Key of Solomon, he is a fearsome lord riding a large horse. Of the 72 demons, he is a particularly high ranking lord, and will suddenly burn to death those lacking in courtesy.

Sentinel

Arcane
Megami Fortuna: The Roman goddess of good fortune. She presides over the wheel of fate. She was originally a goddess who brought about the fertility and propagation of livestock and grain. She is also the equivalent of the Greek goddess Tyche.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom