Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Is there an actual explanation of why it looks 90% identical to Pillars of Eternity 1?

Does it needs explanation? PoE looks gorgeous and it's a good choice to copy it's looks. Maybe copying UI is a little too much, but personally I don't care.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is there an actual explanation of why it looks 90% identical to Pillars of Eternity 1?

Does it needs explanation? PoE looks gorgeous and it's a good choice to copy it's looks. Maybe copying UI is a little too much, but personally I don't care.
Burrowed in the wet writhing mass of this thread is the black secret that is set to cause quite the explosion in these fine fora: a lot of Pillows UI art was from the asset store

:eruption:

Burrowed in the wet writhing mass of this thread is the black secret that is set to cause quite the explosion in these fine fora: a lot of Pillows UI art was from the asset store

:eruption:

I want a link so I can too erupt in a full asset store glory, Brother.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I want a link so I can too erupt in a full asset store glory, Brother.

Looks like this is where I got it from, maybe AB can elaborate. Although re-reading it, it sounds like he was shooting from the hip rather than having identified an asset pack that matched.

The UI icons are kind of too basic compared to the items icons. Meanwhile the spells icons look like they were used straight out of some Unity asset pack, and it seems like PoE's icons came from the same, lol. So you have three different styles there, for those who care.

Humbaba

Arcane
Forget about the interface, what I'm wondering is

1. Will there be guns?

2. Is the writing actually worth a shit? Don't you dare try your hand at """witty""" writing if you can't pull it off.

3. Are your companions significant to the story or are they just walking tragic backstories you can forget about after their character quest?

Codex Year of the Donut
Don't care in the least if a game uses assets purchased from an asset store, it is a stupid argument. Oh no, they didn't pay someone to make unique UI icons! The game is ruined!
wtf

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/2970674116321217330

fce86fde362a9bb9b4e82d012f87d34658bca9e7.png

Ho there, adventurers!

While we put the finishing touches to our Early Access build, we're proud to announce that we've partnered with Intel[intel-draftz.overwolf.com] to give players the opportunity to grab a demo build of Black Geyser. With the clock ticking and the event opening in a few hours, you'll be able to get a key and play through the opening sections of the game: we wanted to give you all a heads-up.

How do you win a key?

Simple! Head to the page[intel-draftz.overwolf.com], follow the instructions, and as long as all the keys haven't gone, you'll get to jump into Black Geyser.

It's important to us that as many people as possible get a taste of what the game has to offer, and while the demo build isn't as vast as Early Access, we hope it gives just a glimpse of what we've been working on. Our intention here is you'll not only encourage your friends to grab a demo key, but also dive in yourself to explore Isilmerald.

We can't wait for Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness to launch into Early Access on August 26th, on Steam and GoG. We hope you'll join us on that journey: ‘Wishlist’ and ‘Follow’ us!

The Black Geyser Team

agris

Arcane
Patron
Interesting, it starts at GMT+2, almost guaranteeing an Euro-centric demo player base if the keys are seriously limited.

I wonder why that is.

purpleblob

Savant
What is the difference between the demo and EA version? If the demo is shorter/specific slice of the game, I don't really see the value in it since EA will be out in a week.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Loading times upon map traversal already lower than PoE - 10/10

Those interior maps look very pretty and much more akin to Baldurs Gate. I love it.

Readher

Savant
Character models are hideous, but it's not really important in a game like this. Everything else looks great, I doubt I'll have regrets about backing this. Can't imagine the story and dialogue will end up more boring than PoE which was my only (but huge) grip with that game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Any gameplay of wintermage or necromancer? I wanna see if the spells are amazing or pillars style """balanced"""

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Any gameplay of wintermage or necromancer? I wanna see if the spells are amazing or pillars style """balanced"""

Both

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom