Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

agris

Arcane
Patron
keys are still available FYI

Dodo1610

Arcane
Holy crap this meme is actually real on my PC.
loC8wP3.png
i
w4mzJm1.png
WTF they even stole POE's Ice elves

agris

Arcane
Patron
Drying tab should have it’s text replaced with “Herbing” for 100% authentic eurojank experience.

edit: also, that tab needs a hygrometer wtf. Chance for the worlds first skeuomorphic humidor-inspired UI art.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm sure a game called Black Geyser will definitively "take out the suck" by any means necessary

With the help of brave Codexian performance artists who paid real shekels for this

Dodo1610

Arcane
Even random no-name NPCs have sometimes dialogue, which reminds me of Gothic
yli6XDn.png

Lots of dialogue options and skill checks. Also, cool different classes have different dialogue skills
7RlJxBi.png
Now I have a pretty noble elf and a dwarf fighter bro in my party

Where have I seen such a menu before mh:
0Gbv3ib.png

The whole game has more of an ADnD feel than most indie CRPG I have played, even has Dualclassing where you level up slower. Combat on the other hand seems boring so far, my level 2 characters only have a single combat skill. Also my swindler (cha focused rogue class) only died once so far. :decline:

Seems to have at least some unusual spells
0ZzMKJ5.png
I just whish I could control the direction of that wall but you know details... .

Last edited:

purpleblob

Savant
Dodo, please. Can you post the description for the necromancer and wintermage spells? I'm really curious.

At starting level you get:
Fever (available to necromancer) - This spell sends a spell induced fever to attack its target, causing a sense of intense heat engulfing its body. Inflicts weakness, throbbing and toasting on the target
Snow (available to both necromancer and wintermage) - Conjure the very elemental essence of cold. Then throw it at someone you don't like. Deal 3-7 cold damage to the target on impact.
Stonewall (available to both necromancer and wintermage) - Sometimes all you need is a good, thick wall to solve your problems. Creates one of those, which block movement and projectiles.

I played a spellweaver who also had all of above spell choices available.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This seems pretty good,most likely will buy it if comes to gog. During me time on the codex,i have noticed one thing,if there is a meme hype for a game,the game will be good.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
After years of the decline, my standards for good RPG's are much lower... I mean, if is not a endless cooldown managing, gear farming in a low lethality game where everyone is a clone, worth a shot. The discussion is if Black Geyser worth be played on day one or wait till a sale and I need more info to determine it.

Humbaba

Arcane
Honestly a lot of the PoE comparisons could have easily been avoided if only they made the hud a different color or giving it a non-wooden texture. Makes me think that the similarities are deliberate. Explains the shitty OC races too.

kain30

Cipher
At first i misread the title as "black gays" and I was like come on!! Another woke rpg??? No please?

Johnny Biggums

Learned
The writing seems reasonably good from the bit of dialogue and item descriptions I've seen. It has a dry-ish sense of humor and doesn't go full quirky zany mode. Shout out to the writer who was posting in this thread a few pages back.

purpleblob

Savant
It is made with the "not fun allowed cuz balance" mindset or not? considering how you can raise a stone wall with a tier 1 spell IDK. Seems better than Pillars.

Lots of QoL issues and the writing is absolutely cringe worthy.

Combat is pretty much low level AD&D - as a caster, you need to spam rest a lot. There's currently no rest screen and I never got attacked for sleeping outside.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom