Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your favorite quote in an RPG

Yosharian

Arcane
Silence, dog! You have no purpose but to die by my hand.

Belboz

Literate
RISEN (talking to Ricardo)

“Where is the Don?”
“In the temple”.
“Is he religious?”
“Ha!”

Arryosha

Learned
"Further note to myself: Future offerings of peace to either of the wolven clans should not take the form of muffins of any sort." -Thd Recipes and Ruminations of one Dradeel of Tethyr

None

Scholar
"The President of the United-fucking-States-of America. Who'd you think I was talking about? Who the fu- Who is- What - I should kick your fucking ass, who is this?"

Tihskael

Learned
"Hey, you, you're finally awake"

todd-todd-howard.gif

vazha

Arcane
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong."

(I've had this quote stuck in my head for so long. This is like RL motivational poster material.) :salute:

I've lost the count how many times I have used this in essays / interviews dedicated to Georgia & Ukraine's Euro-Atlantic aspirations.

Also:
"What a nice head you've got on your shoulders!" - Sea Raiders, M & B: Warband

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Funny ideas? Well, you mean like skinning you alive with a rusty, dull, old knife and then grafting your still-warm, wet, glistening, oh-so-soft, skin over my crusty-rotten gook?"

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
"We've had to endure much, you and I, but soon there will be order again, a new age. Aquinas spoke of the mythical City on the Hill. Soon that city will be a reality, and we will be crowned its kings."
Not favorite, just curious if anyone recognizes it? :P

Harthwain

Magister
Icewind Dale 1:

They say that history is the greatest of all teachers and the tales of past deeds define who we are in the present, and what we shall be in the future. It is said that such tales shell with each telling illuminate us all with the light of truth I shall tell you of such a tale. It is a tale quite familiar to me or I have spent nearly a lifetime piecing it together and chronicling it here within this book. For years I have pondered its passages studying every line, committing each word to memory. Perhaps now, in the telling of it, I shall at last find the answers I seek.

Diablo 1:

Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen.

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
”Why does the earth before me warm to the touch of your passing?”

”Please reveal to clouded eyes the purpose of your passage.”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom