Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King's Bounty II

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Dude, how poor are you? These are specs for a PC made in 2013.
Not even poor. Just haven't bothered to upgrade the PC because every game I've ever wanted to play has been playable for me until Kings bounty 2. I have a gtx750ti, fx-6300, and 8gb of ram and it's been able to play everything I've ever needed it to do. there's no point in upgrading when I'm playing games that don't need it. Kings bounty isn't worth upgrading for and I'll probably only upgrade when Pathfinder 3 comes out or some cool looking game I have to get my hands on.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Welp, the CCP strikes again, I gues?: https://nichegamer.com/2021/08/06/tencent-to-acquire-1c-entertainment-group/

Tencent to Acquire 1C Entertainment Group
by Ryan Pearson on August 6, 2021 at 9:47 AM, EDT
Kings-Bounty-II-08-06-2021.jpg

Tencent are reportedly in the process of acquiring Polish-based Russian developer and publisher 1C Entertainment group.

Game World Observer reports (via GRY-OnLine) that the potential acquisition was spotted on the Polish Office of Competition and Consumer Protection website. Tencent subsidiary Proxima Beta Europe would be the company directly acquiring 1C Entertainment. As none of the parties involved have made an announcements, details about the deal are scant, including how close the deal is to being done.

1C Entertainment are working on King’s Bounty II, and are best known for the King’s Bounty series, Deep Sky Derelicts, IL-2 Sturmovik, Men of War, and the Space Rangers series.

They also specialize in publishing major studios’ games in Russia; including Activision Blizzard, Bethesda, Take-Two Interactive, Ubisoft, and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. In 2018, Forbes Russia reported they made 12% of turnover generated by all Russian franchise businesses.

Across the 1C Entertainment Group, other products and services include business applications and software, cloud services, digital distribution services, physical game accessories, programming, testing, and localization.

Tencent’s portfolio includes ownership of Riot Games, Sumo Digital’s parent company, 80% of Grinding Gear Games, 40% in Epic Games, 29% in Funcom, 5% in Activision Blizzard, 5% in Ubisoft, 5% in Paradox Interactive, a “major investment” in PlatinumGames, a majority stake in Klei Entertainment, a major shareholder for Marvelous, a minority stake in Dontnod Entertainment, and others.

Tencent were reportedly negotiating with a US national security panel to keep their investments in US companies Epic Games and Riot Games. A German outlet reported from their sources that Tencent sought to acquire Crytek; which may also give them access to the western military simulators the developer makes.

In recent news, lost almost $60 billion USD in stock value; after Chinese state media’s Economic Information Daily described online games as spiritual opium.”

Image: King’s Bounty II (via Steam)

Trithne

Erudite
:smug:
Learn to chink,libtards!

china-numba-wan-made-on-imgur-every-time-28063162.png

LoL can't wait for a chink RPG to win a kodexian goty,that bitch rusty will fucking loose it lol.

That would require the mainlanders to make a game that isn't just numberwang and gacha.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:smug:
Learn to chink,libtards!

china-numba-wan-made-on-imgur-every-time-28063162.png

LoL can't wait for a chink RPG to win a kodexian goty,that bitch rusty will fucking loose it lol.

That would require the mainlanders to make a game that isn't just numberwang and gacha.
Tales of wuxia is pretty good rpg,far better than most kwan gabage this days. Also calling them mainlanders sounds retarded,never got the butthurt about it. People that think of taiwan as china are weirdos lol.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Welp, the CCP strikes again, I gues?: https://nichegamer.com/2021/08/06/tencent-to-acquire-1c-entertainment-group/

Tencent to Acquire 1C Entertainment Group
by Ryan Pearson on August 6, 2021 at 9:47 AM, EDT
Kings-Bounty-II-08-06-2021.jpg

Tencent are reportedly in the process of acquiring Polish-based Russian developer and publisher 1C Entertainment group.

Game World Observer reports (via GRY-OnLine) that the potential acquisition was spotted on the Polish Office of Competition and Consumer Protection website. Tencent subsidiary Proxima Beta Europe would be the company directly acquiring 1C Entertainment. As none of the parties involved have made an announcements, details about the deal are scant, including how close the deal is to being done.

1C Entertainment are working on King’s Bounty II, and are best known for the King’s Bounty series, Deep Sky Derelicts, IL-2 Sturmovik, Men of War, and the Space Rangers series.

They also specialize in publishing major studios’ games in Russia; including Activision Blizzard, Bethesda, Take-Two Interactive, Ubisoft, and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. In 2018, Forbes Russia reported they made 12% of turnover generated by all Russian franchise businesses.

Across the 1C Entertainment Group, other products and services include business applications and software, cloud services, digital distribution services, physical game accessories, programming, testing, and localization.

Tencent’s portfolio includes ownership of Riot Games, Sumo Digital’s parent company, 80% of Grinding Gear Games, 40% in Epic Games, 29% in Funcom, 5% in Activision Blizzard, 5% in Ubisoft, 5% in Paradox Interactive, a “major investment” in PlatinumGames, a majority stake in Klei Entertainment, a major shareholder for Marvelous, a minority stake in Dontnod Entertainment, and others.

Tencent were reportedly negotiating with a US national security panel to keep their investments in US companies Epic Games and Riot Games. A German outlet reported from their sources that Tencent sought to acquire Crytek; which may also give them access to the western military simulators the developer makes.

In recent news, lost almost $60 billion USD in stock value; after Chinese state media’s Economic Information Daily described online games as spiritual opium.”

Image: King’s Bounty II (via Steam)

So much for buying King's Bounty II then.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

We are pleased to reveal the third playable character for King's Bounty II — Elisa, a human paladin who is ready to do anything to save her homeland.

Elisa is a peasant girl from Lorian who believes in her special mission to save all of Nostria. Her homeland in Lorian has been caught up in civil war for more than ten years. During a clash between farmers and mercenaries, Elisa suddenly acquired magic abilities that helped her push the enemy back, away from her village, and then away from all of Southern Lorian. Chosen by the will of her people, Elisa headed to the Universal Assembly. She wants the King to recognize her as legate on behalf of her people. In that way, she would gain access to military resources and other means of establishing order in Nostria.

King's Bounty II will be launching on August 24th, 2021 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

Jinn

Arcane
Longest continuous gameplay footage I've seen yet. All in Russian, but I thought I'd post it here for anyone interested.

Not hating what I'm seeing so far...

Tomas

Educated
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I am of two minds so far: one one hand there are people saying how awesome the game is, but they also advertise link to their store where you can buy a Steam key. On the other hand there are comments like : “I don’t hate it”. Overall it is just not very inspiring right now.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It's a Russian 1C AA-ish game offered at an AAA+ price. You don't have to be a business genius to figure out that at least waiting for the inevitable -50% shortly after release is a decent idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom