Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You know this is not mandatory, right?
It's actually a challenge for me: play a character who can plausibly spare Tristian. Haven't done it yet.
So you always play Evil characters?
You are correct; but I cannot come up with the justification how a Neutral character can spare him, either.

Well, may be I need to play a CN and make decisions by flipping a coin. A good idea!
LN: You will serve your penance by helping us defeat the evil you unwillingly served.
TN: Help us restore the balance you upset with your actions.
CN: I like you, you're with us now, who cares about the past?

Literally a moment's thought. It's really easy if you don't have your blinders on.

Percy

Cipher
Not that it counts for much but I've gone back to Kingmaker (because solasta sux balls) and I have found it vastly inferior to WOTR.

Take from that what you will.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There’s a lot of bait and switch in the P:K writing. He starts out as another Fairy Sue so naturally unsympathetic but the facts of the case don’t support that. Simps Suck is a different story arc from Gheys Rule and the pivotal decision directly follows him throwing off the chains so all the strutting around about pwning Tristian is little more than bad reading comprehension. The more in sadness than anger take is the same.

And then he gives you a Lurv is Lurv mini-lecture at Rushlight so I’m not really that invested. I like the mechanics of his Class set-up so I kept him. Good reward for figuring out how to get the most out of it.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The memes would have worked if you really did need "best" (whatever that is in the world of bajilion classes and kits) party and minmaxing to beat Unfair, but reality is you can roll any "fun" build and still win. The only requirement is that you pilot your party competently.

That’s the point that gets people messed up. A lot of the memes in fact make you worse than just an RP build/group. I’m explaining why they’re not that good (so people don’t think they have to splash or whatever, they can just play the class they like) and ankle-biter morans think I’m minmaxxing and powergaming.

The meme works because without naming names, everyone knew what he meant. Even you.
Also, even on the Codex many people think jokes are funny and don't necessarily go further than that. Only true autists think every random image shitpost is making some sort of ineffable statement about the nature of Truth or how gaming should be for future generations or whatever.

That is your PSA for the day. Praise be.

Shadenuat

Arcane
But it's not funny. Equivalent of "Chad" would be Pink Eye-style player who rolls with MONKS CAUSE I LIEK MONKS and beats Unfair and even without saving the game.

The one about against "regressive left" is somewhat funny cause it makes a metaphor to obsession with gaem as politiKs.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
But it's not funny. Equivalent of "Chad" would be Pink Eye-style player who rolls with MONKS CAUSE I LIEK MONKS and beats Unfair and even without saving the game.

The one about against "regressive left" is somewhat funny cause it makes a metaphor to obsession with gaem as politiKs.

Yeah, perhaps I should have been more clear. I was referring to the regressive left one which I thought was hilarious. The chad meme is overused and was dumb to begin with. YMMV

Desiderius

Patron
The memes would have worked if you really did need "best" (whatever that is in the world of bajilion classes and kits) party and minmaxing to beat Unfair, but reality is you can roll any "fun" build and still win. The only requirement is that you pilot your party competently.

That’s the point that gets people messed up. A lot of the memes in fact make you worse than just an RP build/group. I’m explaining why they’re not that good (so people don’t think they have to splash or whatever, they can just play the class they like) and ankle-biter morans think I’m minmaxxing and powergaming.

The meme works because without naming names, everyone knew what he meant. Even you.
Also, even on the Codex many people think jokes are funny and don't necessarily go further than that. Only true autists think every random image shitpost is making some sort of ineffable statement about the nature of Truth or how gaming should be for future generations or whatever.

That is your PSA for the day. Praise be.

I was talking about meme builds, not the Shapiro meme (?)

And the whole point of everything I’m doing going right over the head of Mr. Guardian just like just about everything goes over Shapiro’s head.

Yeah whatever I say shit about culture and culture is tangentially related to politics. I do it because leaving culture to the retards is how we ended up with such a retarded culture.

Obv he was talking about me, and getting things completely bassackwards just like all the other midwit anklebiters. This isn’t a question of laughing at oneself, I’ve done that plenty, it’s a question of retards not being able to deal with their own retardation.

Hurr, durr, can’t take a joke. Whatever. This joke’s on the indolent phaggots who want to drag everyone down to their own level of nihilist mediocrity.

Last edited:

Saravan

Savant
Imagine crying this much over a joke. Some people take themselves too seriously. Maybe it hit too close to home?

Desiderius

Patron
Lol.

(1) How and why I joined the Kotex and got my ass handed to me.

(2) How I was afraid to play RT because I didn’t know how to autopause. For fifteen years.

(3) How my kids are four instead of my grandkids because I wasted twenty years simping so hard I wore out my fedora.

I was raised you don’t talk about yourself much and that’s the norm mostly here too. It should be understood that when I’m calling someone a dumbass that I’ve done the work and am speaking as an expert.

Saravan

Savant
Lol.

(2) How I was afraid to play RT because I didn’t know how to autopause. For fifteen years.

(3) How my kids are four instead of my grandkids because I wasted twenty years simping so hard I wore out my fedora.

I was raised you don’t talk about yourself much and that’s the norm mostly here too. It should be understood that when I’m calling someone a dumbass that I’ve done the work and am speaking as an expert.

You are cute when you obviously respond to me but avoid quoting because that would show I'm actually not "permanently on ignore". You put too much stock in a random forum.

Shadenuat

Arcane
2, why do you need autopause? :shittydog: I only have it on beginning of encounter and traps ala BG. it is much easier to have full control of your every button press
3 has little to do with games as well... maybe

how any why you joined codex? I don't remember anyone specifically "beating" you or whatever. does it has something to do with bein gbanned on steam & official forums?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Lol.

You are cute when you obviously respond to me but avoid quoting because that would show I'm actually not "permanently on ignore". You put too much stock in a random forum.
He's obviously responding to the post above yours by providing the three requested examples. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Saravan

Savant
Lol.

He's obviously responding to the post above yours by providing the three requested examples. The world doesn't revolve around you.

I was referring to the crying above but it's always nice to talk to lieutenant dick sucker.

Desiderius

Patron
2, why do you need autopause? :shittydog: I only have it on beginning of encounter and traps ala BG. it is much easier to have full control of your every button press
3 has little to do with games as well... maybe

how any why you joined codex? I don't remember anyone specifically "beating" you or whatever. does it has something to do with bein gbanned on steam & official forums?

I’m not banned on any forum. I go where the mods are good and leave where the mods are shitty.

Infinitron is good people. Owlcat has come around.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Infinitron is good
JsCwW2w.png

Desiderius

Patron
Best tool in RTwP is advance time and/or slow time feature. I mean as recently as Stellaris I was just figuring that out.

Ask Efe and Daidre what I was trying to get them to try when I first got here. It wasn’t single-classing! They had plenty of laughs at my expense and now I get to laugh along.

But they’re not retards.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am not sure, I think slow time is only needed in IE-style game where everything is a clusterfuck. A standard speed should be reasonable, effects managable and not flashy and then you can just look at the picture and play normally only pausing when really needed.

Single/multi, it's only when people assume by default single can't be good because oh my gawd I can get extra d6 sneak and hamper my whole progression; the system allows smashing the lego pieces together and there's nothing wrong with trying, to see if you build something or break the pieces in the process, it'z all fun.

Last edited:

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Best tool in RTwP is advance time and/or slow time feature. I mean as recently as Stellaris I was just figuring that out.

Ask Efe and Daidre what I was trying to get them to try when I first got here. It wasn’t single-classing! They had plenty of laughs at my expense and now I get to laugh along.

But they’re not retards.
Hey, could I send you a pm? You seem to have turned it off.

Saravan

Savant
All I know is that Desiderius actually cares about the mechanics of Wrathfinder, so his opinions ITT are valuable even if you might disagree with them.

Yes but he derails every topic or opinion he disagrees with. A simple question about alignment mechanics turned into a two page full blown autistic rant about meme builds. That's when you deserve to get shitposted.

Desiderius

Patron
I am not sure, I think slow time is only needed in IE-style game where everything is a clusterfuck. A standard speed should be reasonable, effects managable and not flashy and then you can just look at the picture and play normally only pausing when really needed.

Single/multi, it's only when people assume by default single can't be good because oh my gawd I can get extra d6 sneak and hamper my whole progression; the system allows smashing the lego pieces together and there's nothing wrong with trying, to see if you build something or break the pieces in the process, it'z all fun.

For people like me who naturally gravitate to TB everything RT feels like a clusterfuck. Bullethells would give me actual headaches. No, I don't know why I played them - just to see the next stage I guess.

And of course I played the Diablos but never the FPS and gave up Warcraft at the original. Didn't even play BG until after Planescape. So both Slow Time and the Autopause menu were a revelation and really give me what I feel like now if the best of both worlds. But I still hate anything that approaches RT in Civ for instance however they implement it. As for borkenness the designers at Owlcat give you stuff that gives Porky and the PnPers aneurysms specifically to prevent anything from breaking the game. Yeah great you can get 7 Sneaks and 8 attacks, here's a boss with an extra 15 AC and immune to precision.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom