Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chivalry 2 - the massacre continues

Beowulf

Arcane
Ok, I played it for 2 hours or so.

Team objective maps are fun to play, there is standard Chivalry experience (TM) of madness, chaos and mayhem.

But I got the impression that it looks worse than Mordhau and has some LOD issues. The lighting is also not as moody as it could be and as it were in Chiv 1.
There are also some issues to be ironed out, like unresponsiveness of some controls (weapon changing) and UI bugs (sometimes all UI prompts vanish).

On the plus side I've encountered only few players trying to exploit the animation system by e.g. crouch spamming 360 polearms attacks (didn't seem to be uncounterable).
The maps and objectives are also copied from Chiv 1, hopefully they will develop it further with some new ideas.
The voice-overs are also less hysterical than in the first game, but if it is positive or negative is up to you.
You can easily distinguish between sides (which was a thing easily exploited with Mordhau's customisation), but you can customize your appearance a little bit.
Those who liked playing on Sneaky Monkeys server will be glad to hear that you can play on 64 players servers (the other option is 40). With 64 players there is less emphasis on 1v1 duels, as gang bangs will happen more often.
The tutorial is worse than in the first instalment and is rather poorly narrated.

Overall it's ok for some LMB mashing after long day, but nothing great. I'll play it some more though.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Step 1. Get Messer as a weapon.

Step 2. Realize how stupidly overpowered it is.

Step 3. Find a stack of distracted enemy players.

Step 4. Swing wildly and kill all of them.

Step 5. Learn the game controls.

Beowulf

Arcane
Almost exactly what I did, albeit I started as a Vanguard with some axe.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
They just announced that 1 million copies have been sold and also released a new update with 2 new maps, 1 new game mode (3v3) and a bunch of cosmetics.

1mil.jpg

I caved and bought it on Epic since Steam release probably is 10+ months away assuming they got the typical 1-year-exlusive deal with Epic. I skipped on Chivalry 1 but played the original mod way back when and it's pretty much the same formula. Fun casual turn-your-brain-off slaughter simulator. Since there's (besides the new 3v3 mode) usually huge teams of 20v20 to 32v32 players your individual actions don't matter too much in the grand scheme of things but the fights themselves are fun. Actually I enjoyed my time with this more than playing Bannerlords II multiplayer.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Messer 1# Used Weapon

Yeah, no shit.

Game's pretty enjoyable, but some maps are so unbalanced that it really makes you think who thought them up. Especially the one map where Agatha has to rescue the champion.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Another content update just got released, titled "House Aberfell". Looks inspired by William Wallace / Highlander or alternatively Scotland.

Chivalry2_Aberfell_Agatha.jpg

Chivalry 2:
House Aberfell update key features include:
  • The Raid on Aberfell: Experience the ultimate medieval battlefield and the chaos of combat in this large-scale 64-player Team Objective map that finds the Agatha Knights invading the birth land of the Mason Order’s King Malric. Attacking players are charged with sacking the village, destroying the Mason Order’s towering obelisks, and purging the heretical Druids from the land as defending players fight back every step of the way.
  • New Playable Character – Druids: The Raid of Aberfell map features playable Druids charged with defending the Mason Order’s ancient stones. Armed with powerful staff melee weapons, the top scoring players will be granted control of the Druids as the Order’s last line of defense against the Agatha offensive. Druids appear with a variety of new helmets, including the Goat, Wild Pig, Deer, and Eagle.
  • New Gameplay – Hog Hoarding: As part of the sacking of the village of Aberfell, attacking players will join forces to… steal pigs! Capture livestock and peasants by carrying them on your shoulder to deny Mason Order’s access to food and labor.
  • New Gameplay – Bees: For the first time in the history of the Chivalry franchise, players can look forward to the introduction of weaponized bees. While exploring the new Raid on Aberfell Team Objective map, be sure to keep an eye out for oversized beehives. Players looking to create some buzz can pick-up these bee bombs and throw them at enemies, unleashing a swarm of stinging insects that cause area of effect damage.
  • New Weapons – Highland Sword: The Highland Sword is a massive, unwieldy beast of a blade that will butcher foes and send others running for the hills. Complete with new animations, weapon values, and special attack, the Highland Sword for the Vanguard class can be further customized with new Giant Claymore and Executioner sword skins.
  • New Armory Items: In addition, players can look forward to a wide array of new cosmetics in the Armory, including the Agatha Gallowglass Armor and Mason Clan Armor, War Club – Shepherd Staff skin, Falchion – Chopper skin, Messer – Dacian Sword skin, Great Sword – Claymore skin, 10 new Face paints, and more!

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Game is free to play this weekend. Also 33% discounted.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/chivalry-2
https://chivalry2.com/2022/03/17/chivalry-2-free-weekend-begins-mar-17-on-pc-with-33-discount/

Chivalry 2 Free Weekend Begins Mar. 17 on PC with 33% Discount

Chivalry 2 has kicked off a Free Weekend on the Epic Game Store for PC!

The Free Weekend begins Thursday March 17 @ 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET / 5:00am CET, ends Monday March 21 @ 8:00 AM PT

Haven’t pulled the trigger yet or want to introduce your friends to the game?

Grab Chivalry 2 at 33% off from March 17-23.

Plus – join us March 17 at 2pm ET for a developer stream on our Twitch channel: twitch.tv/TornBanner

We’ll be deep-diving into combat design with a TBS developer guest, and playing live with the community during the Free Weekend.

We look forward to seeing you there!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom