Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
they're buried so far beneath all the garbage that it's impossible for them to have any influence whatsoever.

it seems that you don't know how Heartstone came to be if you spew this nonsense

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
1629649671965.png

He should play D1 and meet the Butcher.

Arbiter

Scholar
agreed with blizzard's tarnished reputation, don't suggest buying games from companies that hire based on gender/race rather than talent.
That's why it's tarnished, right?

Tarnished as in not releasing a good game in a decade, destroying their own IPs and bending the knee to Chinese Communist Party.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Who can face duriel 1st time and be prepared to brawl him tho? except sorceress with static field or someone with farmed runes to make weapons that remove % of hp or whatever.
what about before LoD?
do anyone of you remember fighting Duriel or Meph before LoD with say Necromancer?

I remember, during times when ladder did not even figure out how to reach level 99, running a blood golem + iron maiden build. Now that was for very patient people.

Dis casul did not quit until game just crashed. :salute:

jackofshadows

Magister
I remember running frost sorc at that time and after some unsuccessful attemts I just went grinding xp and gear... and then went back with teleport and slayed him.

And it's still a viable approach but if they didn't fixed the lag completely it would be still painful and unreliable.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I remember thinking Duriel was a cheap cocksucka' because he'd kill you before your screen even loaded back in the day. You'd go into the tomb, hear the sounds of being slaughtered and "LOOKING FOR BAAL", then Homer Simpson scream when you saw that big maggoty mantis fuck looming over you and the gold you forgot to deposit.

Another unsung bullshit boss is Lazarus in D1 who teleports you right to the middle of the room where you are surrounded by succubi and advocates. The game even gives Lazarus a nice little speech where nobody is attacking you and you can't move just so you can take the time to appreciate how fucked you are the second he ends his sentence.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, I almost never play a necro. The run that's most sticking in my mind are sorc attempts where I spent most of my time getting my shit pushed in. IIRC paladin was somewhat more manageable. I still use a lot of pots and tp scrolls though. :hahano:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Maybe I recall D1 wrong but while dumbass is blabbing you can run out of the room and position yourself elsewhere. Maybe that's just beelzebub/thehell. Its been a bit. Only thing I recall of duriel was my OCD to step on every maggot creature after he was dead.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Maybe I recall D1 wrong but while dumbass is blabbing you can run out of the room and position yourself elsewhere. Maybe that's just beelzebub/thehell. Its been a bit. Only thing I recall of duriel was my OCD to step on every maggot creature after he was dead.

I don't recall what I did back in the day, but I replayed D1 last year. Basically as soon as he stopped talking, I hit teleport to get out of the cluster. I don't think you can move before that though.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hahaha, filtered.

"Oh no it got hard and now I don't wanna play the game anymore". Whatever happened to embracing the challenge?

He thinks he's probably a hardcore gamer because he played Dark Souls by looking up every tactic out there on how to defeat bosses and cheese the game. People like these can regurgitate what the best items are and where to get them, but they usually can't tell you why they're the best items/stats.

Anyone immediately turned off because you get your ass beat in a game is not a hardcore gamer or even a casual gamer. They remind me more of 'social gamers' who plays games just to hang out online and are allergic to any bump in the road. When shit goes wrong it's always someone or something else's fault.

First time with Duriel is unforgettable.

Damn right. First time I killed him, it was by being a little bitch on my Paladin and spamming pots -> create TP -> buy pots -> enter TP -> spam pots -> etc... .

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
Wait, you can beat Duriel without wussing out and just doing a town portal zerg ad infinitum? Because, uh, I've heard that's the only way some people could beat the cheap mf. :oops:
I don't know what exactly has been done to him through all the patches patches but when I've played last time few years ago I knew for a fact that any (really) experienced player could beat him easily solo on /players 8. Perhaps with a few extra grinded levels beforehand but still. It's a new player's nightmare - sure but nothing more.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
On my last (normal LOD DII) run as a summon necro I didnt have much problems with Duriel but Diablo pushed my shit in. That red beam of his oneshots all my cute little skellies :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom