Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Sykar

Arcane
On my last (normal LOD DII) run as a summon necro I didnt have much problems with Duriel but Diablo pushed my shit in. That red beam of his oneshots all my cute little skellies :(
Iron Maiden + Golem spam. Prepare the floor with a couple of dozen mana potions.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Im gonna go HC summon necro right off the bat on the 23rd.

NEver really played this build in vanilla D2, kind of like it. I love summons.
Hope Duriel wont fuck me up the ass too hard. I guess golem + iron maiden is key gainst most act bosses..

or just run around spamming shit histhsitshit shitshi shit

only pussies play Softcore, chads go HC big dick

ArchAngel

Arcane
Im gonna go HC summon necro right off the bat on the 23rd.

NEver really played this build in vanilla D2, kind of like it. I love summons.
Hope Duriel wont fuck me up the ass too hard. I guess golem + iron maiden is key gainst most act bosses..

or just run around spamming shit histhsitshit shitshi shit

only pussies play Softcore, chads go HC big dick
Actually chads finish the game in 20h and go out and bang chicks while pussies are still trying to finish act 4 on their 10th character.

Dexter

Arcane
I soloed Duriel with my Barb, I put on two rings that Half Freeze Duration, stacked up on Cold Resist till I had like ~43%, then drank a Thaw potion for another 42% Resist, when there used Shout and Battle Cry to improve Defense and lower his Damage/Defense, ice damage also helps to slow him down in return. I just had to go to town twice, mostly to refill HP pots in my belt. Mercenary was useless since he lasted like 2 seconds.
Screenshot172.png
screenshot173wak15.png
screenshot184wykys.png
screenshot1859wj27.png
Screenshot190.png
screenshot191bbj37.png
The only thing that surprised me was the drop rate in the beginning - I cleared Den of Evil twice and got 2 set items. They might have changed it for the beta.
Didn't find any Set or Unique items throughout my run. Even after when I took part in some of the "tomb runs" people seem to be running I didn't see any.

Edit: Played Ice Sorc through Act I, much more satisfying and quick going than the Barb (that only really starts shining once you get Whirlwind at 30+) if you can just decimate an entire group of enemies from the get-go. :)

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I soloed Duriel with my Barb, I put on two rings that Half Freeze Duration, stacked up on Cold Resist till I had like ~43%, then drank a Thaw potion for another 42% Resist, when there used Shout and Battle Cry to improve Defense and lower his Damage/Defense, ice damage also helps to slow him down in return. I just had to go to town twice, mostly to refill HP pots in my belt. Mercenary was useless since he lasted like 2 seconds.
yeah that kinda proves that Duriel and Diablo bosses in general are strangely balanced. because TPing in and out is p gay.

as for mercenaries, the key to single player mercenaring is keeping Act 1 rogue. Give her most powerful artifact/rune bows you can find and she can easily outdamage you against bosses.

Takamori

Learned
People bitching about Duriel, jesus just chug a thawing potion. Or if you are going with a shit build open TPs like in D1

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Is duriel on battlenet any different than SP or MP play? Its been a while but I don't recall a whole lot of difficulty, but then again i bought the LOD battlechest.

Takamori

Learned
People bitching about Duriel, jesus just chug a thawing potion. Or if you are going with a shit build open TPs like in D1
and what?

Holy freeze slow is not affected by thawing pots or any resists.
You mitigate the cold damage, he hits like a bitch with it. You have enough time to kill it.
Thawing potion still gives you +50 cold res and max res.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Most of his damage is physical.
Have merc aura + thawing, point still stands you only have difficulty with Duriel if you are retarded.
What aura? Normal mercs only have prayer, defense & extra attack rating.

No, your point people doesn't stand. You don't even know the mechanics behind it seems, just make-beliefs of what works. You use degenerate tactics like TPing out to beat him and yet claim to be "pros".

Duriel is not a Full Scale RPG (TM) designed fight with hints or potions and resists actually doing what player would assume they realistically should.

Takamori

Learned
Most of his damage is physical.
Have merc aura + thawing, point still stands you only have difficulty with Duriel if you are retarded.
What aura? Normal mercs only have prayer, defense & extra attack rating.

No, your point people doesn't stand. You don't even know the mechanics behind it seems, just make-beliefs of what works. You use degenerate tactics like TPing out to beat him and yet claim to be "pros".

Duriel is not a Full Scale RPG (TM) designed fight with hints or potions and resists actually doing what player would assume they realistically should.
Oh sorry forgot that Duriel is the pinnacle of difficulty, no one ever beat him without dying. If people can't read the items the game provide they can fuck off to some retard game that grant then instant gratification.
Yeah Defense aura should be enough to not get your ass flipped when you arrive. You don't understand the concept of mitigation and boosting your Effective Health Pool in ARPG.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Duriel is the only thing in the entire game which isn't a pushover. I don't think there's a class or build which can beat him without TPing unless your entire inventory isn't made up of only mana and healing pots. And you wouldn't know this if it's your first time playing. Even speedrunners TP out of that fight at least a couple of times.

Shadenuat

Arcane
There are rune words that make bosses trivial nowadays; sorceress can easily slay any boss; necro can just resummon clay golem and see bosses twitch slightly while your archer girl shoots them to death, same with druid, and you can run any early kill build (sorc enchant ftw lol) and then simply respec because, yeah, there is now respec (from den of evil).

It's just that it is pointless for a strong player to gloat over new players esp if it's good old shit netcode that made them quit, not the boss; or pretend that something wasn't easy for you first time or like, 20 years ago when you were a noob yourself; or pretend that Blizzard are geniuses and put a secret hard counter for any boss and their mechanics (look up how defence actually works) make any sense.

Takamori

Learned
There are rune words that make bosses trivial nowadays; sorceress can easily slay any boss; necro can just resummon clay golem and see bosses twitch slightly while your archer girl shoots them to death, same with druid, and you can run any early kill build (sorc enchant ftw lol) and then simply respec because, yeah, there is now respec (from den of evil).

It's just that it is pointless for a strong player to gloat over new players esp if it's good old shit netcode that made them quit, not the boss; or pretend that something wasn't easy for you first time or like, 20 years ago when you were a noob yourself; or pretend that Blizzard are geniuses and put a secret hard counter for any boss and their mechanics (look up how defence actually works) make any sense.
No one said Blizz are geniuses, if anything D2 is an easy game(And thats not a problem at all). The "hard" part is your character planning that will decide everything what you do in game.
You want me to go upboat the guy bitching that he got his ass handed by Duriel and he plans to quit it due to the frustration when there is in game tools non related to build that will boost his effective mitigation against Duriel in order to surpass the encounter?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Why not? Strong bring people up, not put them down.

It would be a better proof of your points than arguing about thawing potions here, at least.

Takamori

Learned
Why not? Strong bring people up, not put them down.

It would be a better proof of your points than arguing about thawing potions here, at least.
Strong people don't give up(and don't post on Reddit), I would respect the guy if he said first timer here got my ass handed by Duriel, what the fuck I do? Instead of writing cheap drama.
Its tiresome, instead of people go ok I got an issue here lets try solve it, its straight to crying and how the issue managed to ruin his day.

Shadenuat

Arcane
They did. But do you think that's how fights with bosses supposed to go, or does it really add anything to the game?

Limited amount of porting like in PoE could be ok.

No, it's a bit like potion chugging, but people do it anyway.

I'm not against limited porting btw, just find it curious that porting is now considered degenerate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom