Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

12 Minutes - Time Loop Adventure Game

WallaceChambers

Learned

Reviews starting to come out and they're looking pretty decent. Anyone looking forward to playing this one?

WallaceChambers

Learned
It will be available on game pass if anyone here already has that. Pirate Bay's also got some pretty sweet deals, I've heard.

WallaceChambers

Learned
Beat the game it it was good, not amazing or anything, but a it's got some clever moments and a decent mystery. I found a lot of the puzzles to be clever and logical but the characters are pretty thin. That's probably because you need to be able to get through dialogue and still have time for other interactions on each individual loop? Either way the characters feel shallow as a result. Plus the conversations dead-end and transition awkwardly all the time.

Despite that I still had fun experimenting with the scenario and working my way through the mystery. I don't think it's worth 25 dollars so I'd wait for a sale if you don't have gamepass.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
how long did it take you and how's the replayability? this might be one of those games where I'll jus end up getting game pass for a month and playing it along with other similar titles

WallaceChambers

Learned
how long did it take you and how's the replayability? this might be one of those games where I'll jus end up getting game pass for a month and playing it along with other similar titles

Around 5 hours, I'd say. I finished it in two sittings.

ADL

Prophet
The only reason I want to play it is Willem Dafoe. How much of this is he in? James McAvoy can be good too.

Ivan

Arcane
frustration set in pretty quickly but the first hour was genuinely great, finding all the things you could interact with and what not, then you just gotta follow what the devs had in mind

edit:
-A neat premise that opens with many interactive objects to play around with but the experience is quickly weighed down by the "proper" path needed to advance the plot. I quickly tired of hearing the same replies, the same banter, watching the same janky animations, until I stumbled upon what the devs wanted the player to do. While ultimately disappointed with much of the game's objects being a facade/farce, I think this idea could be better executed if it did accommodate for more of the player's choices instead of the oh so typical point and click retort "I can't do that."

Last edited:

GreyViper

Prophet
Oddly enough James McAvoy sounded like Deacon from Days Gone ranting mode. Most do their voice acting well, and if you listen carefully you cant recognize Defoe when he talks as the cop.
I guess the most amusing part was when you thought you did everything perfectly and you get dumped back to start.
:rage:
Also, that cop really likes to choke ppl laying on the ground, on the plus side he does not discriminate between races he kills.

thesecret1

Arcane
It was alright, though short – there's no replayability value, and it only took me four hours to reach all the endings (which were all kind of underwhelming in my opinion). The game's very polished with a lot of attention to detail, but ultimately, it's a very contained experience that sort of corrals you into the path the devs wanted you to take. All in all, a well executed game on the timeloop theme, which however does not bring anything innovative to the table, nor does it have the mileage or the C&C to make it truly stand out.

As for the story, I'd say it was much the same – alright. It's well executed for sure (you don't see the twists coming and the gradual discovery of what's going on is pretty enjoyable), but there's nothing about it that could be considered stunning or make you gush about it to people – it lacks impact, which may, in part, also be caused by just how short the game is (I can't really feel emotionally invested in interpersonal drama between characters that I've practically just met, especially when 90% of the time you spend with them is them repeating the same shit over and over again because time loop).

:3/5:. It's fun enough for a playthrough, but will be quickly forgotten and is certainly not worth 21 eurobucks.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Timeloop games are my new least favorite genre.
It's the latest meme genre. Member when every 2nd game was a clone of DOTA? I member.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom