Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Finished it a little while ago. It's "ok" but highly derivative while not being as good as the titles it apes. Someone called it a poor man's Baldur's Gate, and I think that sums it up perfectly.
The question is, is a "poor man's Baldur's Gate" better than the shit we get today as cRPGs?

JDR13

Arcane
Finished it a little while ago. It's "ok" but highly derivative while not being as good as the titles it apes. Someone called it a poor man's Baldur's Gate, and I think that sums it up perfectly.
The question is, is a "poor man's Baldur's Gate" better than the shit we get today as cRPGs?

For me, I think there are lots of other games I'd rather play, but ymmv.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

The demo has more charm and soul alread than Pillars ever had. So I would say this is a yes.

The Jester

Cipher
My ex was a senior C Sharp coder of this game until he broke up with the team he did loading screen coding and he tell me purple bob had a low self esteem that is what makes people write critical pseudo-reviews of games so her reviews are fake please beware.

First scene of game is dedicated to guess who. A female statue puking into a penis-shaped fountain ;)

P.s.: remove my /Developers/ forum tag please, I did volunteering PR/evangelism for the game but not affiliated for years thank you.

>2015 was 6 years ago

We're too old
We're not old, old at all
Just too old
Just too old

:majordecline:

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol what https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/were-giving-away-a-black-geyser-gaming-pc-with-a-pretty-sick-skull-case/

We're giving away a Black Geyser gaming PC with a pretty sick skull case
Enter for a chance to win a gaming PC inspired by a new RPG and forged in the bowels of hell.

sifAHFngExyL62Tq7vRFD4-1024-80.jpeg.webp

Over on the PC Gamer forums, we're raffling off a new RTX 3060-powered gaming PC provided by the creators of Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness. Black Geyser is an RPG inspired by classics such as Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale. It's releasing on Steam in Early Access soon, and the small team behind it has built this custom gaming system to promote that August 26 launch. One person who enters the sweepstakes will win the PC, which includes:

Grand prize PC specs (US residents only)
  • Intel i9 10900K CPU
  • ATX Z490 Motherboard
  • MSI RTX 3060
  • 32GB DDR4 RGB
  • 1TB M.2 drive
  • 700W PSU
  • 240mm AIO CPU Cooler
  • Five 120mm RGB Fans
This high-end gaming PC is housed in a "heavy metal" custom case designed specifically for the giveaway. While many computer towers aim for a streamlined look, this conversation starter leans into the roleplaying aesthetic with a tower that looks like it was forged by a blacksmith. Also, there's a skull in it.

While there can be only one Grand Prize winner, developer GrapeOcean Technology has also provided us with closed playtest keys for Black Geyser so you can give the first act a try for free. Unlike the grand prize, which is only available to US residents, the codes can be used wherever you are in the world. You can enter for a chance to get a key here.

If you want a chance to win the grand prize gaming PC, here's how to enter:
  • Sign in to the PC Gamer forums or create a forum account.
  • Answer this question in reply to the thread (without quoting the original post): Which classic RPG classes do you love and why?
  • Follow the directions in the giveaway widget linked here to confirm your entry. Don't skip this step. (This is also where you can find the terms and conditions.)
  • You can only enter once and only comments on this thread qualify. The PC giveaway is live now and we'll close it up to new entries at 6PM Eastern on September 6, 2021.
After the deadline to enter, winners will be contacted by email. If you're the Grand Prize Winner and you don't reply to the email with your shipping information within five business days, a new winner will be chosen, so keep an eye on your inbox!

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Thought I'd try my luck to get a beefy machine fitting to a CRUSHMASTER, but alas, US only.

Aarwolf

Learned

Is it better or worse than first Pillars?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Apparently(I maybe am wrong) doesn't have Conan the Librarian style of Wizards ultra focused on Strength. And has necromancers, cryomancers wintermages, so my guess is that it is way better. But who knows till the game launch day?

PanDupa

Educated
Is there any info on how much content will be in EA? Is it possible to finish the game?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried the demo today, for around two hours.
The game is a BG/PoE like, lying almost perfectly in between those two titles in terms of subjective "feel". Story immediately throws a few hooks (war, curse, plague, PC's mysterious origins) to engage the player on different levels, maybe even too many. Itemization seems solid (crafting is present, but seems limited to healing items etc.) and overall presentation is really decent, though the city looked a bit sparsely populated. Combat (RTWP) is a bit too floaty and slow paced for my taste, but servicable.
Not sure if I want to play more not to burn myself out prematurely, but I am really pleased with what I saw.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/2970674116341066238

An Update On Linux And Mac
We've some news on our latest builds for Linux and Mac users

ef9911b06553967f59227f951af84d4311173f48.png

Ho there, adventurers!

Over the last few weeks we’ve been hard at work putting Black Geyser through its paces, to make sure it’s as bug free as possible across both PC, Mac and Linux systems.

Unfortunately, in recent days we’ve encountered several critical issues on Mac and Linux that has led to use making the difficult decision to delay their respective releases by several weeks. We’re incredibly sorry for this, and know there are plenty of you who were looking forward to exploring Isilmerald.

Where both platforms are concerned, unavoidable issues have arisen in the building process for these platforms, and the team is working hard to resolve them as quickly as possible.

As soon as we're able, we'll be providing Mac and Linux users with an update on when you can expect to be able to play Black Geyser.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Heh, sorry kid. Guess you'll have to wait, now get the hell outta my way.

79VX.gif

JDR13

Arcane

I think, for most people, that will depend on which setting and system you like more.

As far as production values though, Pillars is much better. You can immediately tell Black Geyser was made with a lower budget. It also has a more generic fantasy vibe imo.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just read on steam rtx 3070 4K 40 fps lulz
Now imagine it with sitting animations!

Jokes aside,most likely some dumb millennial that couldn't do drivers and shit. Or a troll. Now if there is a multiple reports,it could be legit.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom