Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: New Vegas

Astromarine

Erudite
sue? Beth contracted them to develop an "off main line" game. Noone even knows if it's going to be first person yet, or use the TES engine at all. I'd assume not, actually.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Well... "you haven't seen the game yet so you can't judge" but I'm not really enthralled by this. If it's true, I wish Obsidian was able to develop their own thing instead of always following a more successful developer.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Not knowing what the fuck is vg247 and why it has such a stupid name, I have to wonder why do we believe this.

If vg247 is a reputable source, then...
What's happening to the world?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
My thoughts exactly, I'll wait until this thing is confirmed by more famous places, such as the prestigious RPG Codex magazine, before I believe it completely.

Deleted member 7219

I hope this is true.

A Fallout game developed by Obsidian... that would really be something.

Black

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Let the milking begin.
It started with FO3.

I hope this is true.

Are you that naive? There's a difference between Obsidian making a Fallout they'd like and Obsidian making a Fallout bethesda told them to make.

AND THERE'S 2 OF DEM

orao

Novice
>THIS IS HORRIBLE
>They will destroy Bethesda's vision!

I snorted water all over my lcd

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I posted it before the first update was added. Obsidian? Now that's interesting.

Longshanks

Augur
Don't worry, it's still gonna be awesome:
The studio also stressed that it came up with the idea for New Vegas internally and then pitched it to Obsidian, not the other way around.

Deleted member 7219

Black said:
Vault Dweller said:
Let the milking begin.
It started with FO3.

I hope this is true.

Are you that naive? There's a difference between Obsidian making a Fallout they'd like and Obsidian making a Fallout bethesda told them to make.

So? I don't care if it's a hybrid of both teams' styles. I don't think Fallout 3 was bad.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Matt7895 said:

Oh come on, it's Fallout 3 all over again, the only difference is that Obsidian will probably design slightly more coherent world.
I'm not even going to touch it, the franchise's been raped. There's no coming back.

Black

Arcane
Matt7895 said:
So? I don't care if it's a hybrid of both teams' styles. I don't think Fallout 3 was bad.
In my fact it was a terrible Fallout game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom