Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/2970674116341338002

New Animated Trailer And Some Launch News
Check out our brand new trailer for Black Geyser, plus more information about our launch.

Ho there, adventurers!

We're hard at work getting Black Geyser into your hands. Meanwhile, to further whet your appetite, we've prepared a new animated story trailer for you. Zornilsa, goddess of greed, introduces us to the world of Yerengal and her dark union with the devil-God Rothgor, leaving Isilmerald teetering on the brink of chaos.

PC Gamer have also kindly taken on an exclusive reveal for the trailer. Check it out!

Don't forget to wishlist us! We hope you enjoy this look into the world of Black Geyser.

Launch News

We're excited to reveal that Black Geyser will be available this Thursday 26th August at 8am PST / 11am EST / 4pm BST.

The price will be $24.99 during Early Access, but during the launch week, you can get Black Geyser at a special 10% discount! This is a limited time sale, so don't miss out, and support us on our journey through Early Access.

Best of luck on your ventures. Will greed overcome you?

The Black Geyser Team

Last edited:

Aarwolf

Learned
when will backers get their FACKIN' keys?

In two days, I think.

wat

892Tiqc.png

Friggin' Witcher III had 6 GB RAM, i7-3770K and GTX 770 at recommended, that's insane.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It looks so generic

Has necromancers and wintermages. So it is probably great.

BTW, the spells are divided in level 1 to 7 instead of 1 to 9.

The memorization of spells is a bit different. Some spells are "elevated energy" spells and uses different spell slots to memorize. I can't judge much but IMO they should have made this UI more like a book and less Pillaresque.

qYaxBVa.png

From that stream > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4urV93agVQ4
At 2h5m.

Mortmal

Arcane
Watching a stream ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4urV93agVQ4 ). Seems more BGesque than Pillars but less BGesque than pillars. Depending on the price I will buy in day one, depending, wait till a massive discount. But a honest question. Wintermage X Necromancer. Which one should I play first?

Necro of course, you are meredoth , the dark lord of nebligtode, wintermage is for pussies, its for little girls who like watching frozen .

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
When someone says "cryomancer", I think about subzero, not frozen... I know, he is more a melee type of cryomancer, but you guys got the idea. The power to create artificial ""life"" is cool. Doesn't matter if they are constructs or undeads. Without knowing the spells available for both classes(not only tier 1), is hard to judge. And multiclass is not a good option either cuz IDK if it will limit your spellcasting capabilities.

nebligtode

There are a lot of snow golems in my Island. Ice magic is amazing in killing intruders and preserving his corpses for experiments at the same time. A single cone of cold from one of then is more than enough to freeze most intruders who dare to disturb my research. I also invented some spells like snow to stone to help building in my island.

Humbaba

Arcane
Has necromancers and wintermages. So it is probably great.

BTW, the spells are divided in level 1 to 7 instead of 1 to 9.

The memorization of spells is a bit different. Some spells are "elevated energy" spells and uses different spell slots to memorize. I can't judge much but IMO they should have made this UI more like a book and less Pillaresque.

qYaxBVa.png

From that stream > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4urV93agVQ4
At 2h5m.

What's so dang special about those necromancers? Even if you could summon the spirit of every dead NPC you'd just be copying Arcanum.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I wasn't aware the game comes out today.
Looked around, seems good so far - No blacks, no 5E, no TB slogfest... Could it be, an actually decent RPG that made it out of EA?! I dare not hope.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I am extremely suspicious of this game.
  • Never heard of the company.
  • Game undeniably looks like a low effort copy of Pillars. Just look at the inventory.
  • They appear to have money for things like PC giveaways, and I don't think I've ever seen more advertising for an upcoming indie RPG release than I have for this game. Deadfire did less advertising, from what I remember.
I dunno. We'll see. It feels a little tryhard, like they know they have a stinker on their hands. I can't put my finger on it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What's so dang special about those necromancers?

They exist in the game. Most modern RPG's doesn't even have the option of cool dark arts. And they use a modified vancian magical system which is a bit different. We don't have it in Solasta. And in BG3 I'm sure that Larian will ruin it more than 5E already ruined.

And actually cool classes. I can't wait to craft my own ice golems...

no TB slogfest

There are a lot of great TB RPG's which aren't slogfest. Dark Sun : Wake of The Ravager is a example. Temple of Elemental Evil, KoTC 1/2, etc. The problem of TB is when your have ultra low lehtality + ultra slow animations. If my half giant gladiator can kill a lv 24 drake in one round and the animations are fast, turn based combat can work.

Game undeniably looks like a low effort copy of Pillars.

Only by having golem crafting, necromancers and wintermages already made it million of times better than Pillars.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom