Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Also, you can do everything an adept and engineer can do just by using squad powers. That's why I always pick a class based on which class has the most interesting guns + unique powers. It's why I always end up playing either Vanguard or Infiltrator in the end, as they both have the most unique playstyles in ME2 and ME3 (in ME1, class doesn't matter as much because all of your powers are the same as your teammates).

Semiurge

Cipher
I picked sentinel for ME's first playthrough because I felt like an insecure thief/mage dweeb back then, afterwards I made the right choice by letting Shepard be what he was meant to be - a proud soldier. You get access to the most weapon types as one so there's enough variety.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I picked sentinel for ME's first playthrough because I felt like an insecure thief/mage dweeb back then, afterwards I made the right choice by letting Shepard be what he was meant to be - a proud soldier. You get access to the most weapon types as one so there's enough variety.

Soldier or Vanguard are all I can stand to play as. Everything else is just too repetitive and locks you into one very limited playstyle. Infiltrators have neat abilities, for example, but the game was not designed for stealth at all, so have fun cowering behind a crate, going invisible, throwing off 2 shots, then continuing to cower until your abilities recharge the entire game. It's very boring.

Semiurge

Cipher

Soldier or Vanguard are all I can stand to play as. Everything else is just too repetitive and locks you into one very limited playstyle. Infiltrators have neat abilities, for example, but the game was not designed for stealth at all, so have fun cowering behind a crate, going invisible, throwing off 2 shots, then continuing to cower until your abilities recharge the entire game. It's very boring.

And as an infiltrator your real purpose is to offer fire support, with either stealth sniping or with pistols. Either way, you're going to run or die if a tough enemy charges toward you. Does this sound right for Shepard, the one who is Mass Effect? No. Shepard would whip out a shotgun, for close encounters.

J1M

Arcane

And as an infiltrator your real purpose is to offer fire support, with either stealth sniping or with pistols. Either way, you're going to run or die if a tough enemy charges toward you. Does this sound right for Shepard, the one who is Mass Effect? No. Shepard would whip out a shotgun, for close encounters.
Shepard uses a pistol in nearly every cutscene... :smug:

Caim

Arcane
Game's 25% off. Which is a good start, but it should be at least down to $20 to be worth the price of buying again.

Yosharian

Arcane
Soon to be dead bro in my current playthrough

When either Ashley or I will shoot him in the fucking head

Shoot Ashley cause she's fuckin UGLIER than a krogan.
28857.jpg

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Yosharian

Injecting Test Enanthate 800 mg/wk, Trenbolone Hexahydrobenzylcarbonate 300mg/wk (expired French Parabolan), GH 3 IUs (Chinese).

And beer!

DICK IS ROCK HARD

Kruno do you agree with this regimen?
rusty_shackleford yeah?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Caim

Arcane

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember Mass Effect as extreme shit, but that was such a long time ago and many things has changed since then.

They made this remaster.

In the meantime I played all Dragon Ages and liked them enough.

Perhaps my memory fails me or my standards lowered, and since there's nothing much else to play, why not try it?

What an utter garbage, refunded within 2h gameplay.

They didn't even fix the FOV, still you almost see nothing in front of yourself, and just looking around is painful.

Dialogues still retarded as ever, but tbh I think DA made me accustomed to them, but ME feels somewhat worse.

Gameplay is trash in so many ways I won't even bother, this game isn't worth it.

Mauman

Learned
Soon to be dead bro in my current playthrough

When either Ashley or I will shoot him in the fucking head
Shoot Ashley cause she's fuckin UGLIER than a krogan.
Oh wait, the game doesn't let you do that.
Gotta wait until ME3 for that one.

:what:

Why did you let Ashley get off Virmire?
Because at the time she was still better than Kaidan.

Now I just wish I could leave them both to rot.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Kaidan is probably the best love interest out of all of them because you get what you see with him. You might think that's boring, but having romantic experience with mentally unstable people I can say it's the best you can do. You have no idea when Ashley is going to get herself involved in a race riot. The bug assassin guy is literally terminally ill. Jacob has a baby 1 year after not seeing you. Liara is a criminal lord, so you'll never know peace. Jack is damaged goods and has PTSD, she'll wake you up screaming at night. Miranda strikes me as a person who will leave you the moment the excitement dies down. Tali comes with medical baggage you wouldn't want to deal with on a daily basis. Garrus will constantly try to vigilante his way through life and will get himself killed at one point.

Caim

Arcane
Kaidan is probably the best love interest out of all of them because you get what you see with him. You might think that's boring, but having romantic experience with mentally unstable people I can say it's the best you can do. You have no idea when Ashley is going to get herself involved in a race riot. The bug assassin guy is literally terminally ill. Jacob has a baby 1 year after not seeing you. Liara is a criminal lord, so you'll never know peace. Jack is damaged goods and has PTSD, she'll wake you up screaming at night. Miranda strikes me as a person who will leave you the moment the excitement dies down. Tali comes with medical baggage you wouldn't want to deal with on a daily basis. Garrus will constantly try to vigilante his way through life and will get himself killed at one point.
Yeah, Kaidan is not as exciting but he'll give you stability and normalcy in a relationship. The rest is damaged, will endanger you or leave you for someone else. In a game of fuck marry kill he'll almost always end up as marry material.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom