Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am extremely suspicious of this game.
  • Never heard of the company.
  • Game undeniably looks like a low effort copy of Pillars. Just look at the inventory.
  • They appear to have money for things like PC giveaways, and I don't think I've ever seen more advertising for an upcoming indie RPG release than I have for this game. Deadfire did less advertising, from what I remember.
I dunno. We'll see. It feels a little tryhard, like they know they have a stinker on their hands. I can't put my finger on it.
How can you doubt a company that considered having CRUSHMASTER as a class?

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
To be clear I'm not rooting for them to fail or anything. I like new, well-made CRPGs. So I'll remain hopeful. But skeptical. I've been burned so many times . . . it's hard to trust anymore . . . :negative:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Out on Early Access:

https://af.gog.com/game/black_geyser_couriers_of_darkness?as=1649904300

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/2970674116337113584

Black Geyser Officially Launches Into Early Access
Are you ready to be corrupted by Greed? Black Geyser Is Available NOW on Steam & GoG!
ae88f3ad16d5e51e8494fbf4bbc7d71ac361ee4c.png

Ho there, adventurers!

We're incredibly proud to say that Black Geyser has officially launched into Early Access! Our successfully backed Kickstarter project has been in development since 2015, with the size and scope of the game increasing since that time.

Early Access is an opportunity to not only get the game in your hands, but to also get your feedback on as many areas as possible so that we can iterate and improve, and make Black Geyser the best CRPG it can be. We hope you'll join us on this journey.

As a small team, we're ensuring that we not only collect your feedback and prioritise what we think matters, but also reveal in the coming days our roadmap ahead. Be sure to join our Discord and let us know what you think.

If you haven't also seen, there's also fair bit of Black Geyser activity going on at the moment - we've a PC Gamer giveaway, the reveal of our exclusive animated trailer, as well as play test key giveaways. Don't miss out!

3a8ab5dd25e6d3b34c3b00ad92b20a55f15b14c5.png

Get your copy of Black Geyser on Steam and GoG for $24.99. We have an exclusive launch week discount of 10%.

Be sure to pick up a copy, wishlist us, and leave a review! There's plenty more to come.

Good luck on your journey in Isilmerald, adventurers!

The Black Geyser Team

Last edited by a moderator:

Humbaba

Arcane
Be careful not to get it in your eyes or hair, everyone.

• Game undeniably looks like a low effort copy of Pillars. Just look at the inventory.
  • They appear to have money for things like PC giveaways, and I don't think I've ever seen more advertising for an upcoming indie RPG release than I have for this game. Deadfire did less advertising, from what I remember.
I dunno. We'll see. It feels a little tryhard, like they know they have a stinker on their hands. I can't put my finger on it.

So are you laundering money for the Albanian Mafia or not?

Developer
Be careful not to get it in your eyes or hair, everyone.

So are you laundering money for the Albanian Mafia or not?

Personally? No.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I also invented some spells like snow to stone to help building in my island.
So you spend a lot of time building snow forts? Do you ever find your self taking a break because you want to build a snowman? Do you want to build a snow man?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Should I buy it on Early Access? It looks like something I would buy, and I want to make sure more games like this are made (assuming it's good), but I probably won't play it right now because I'm still finishing a playthrough of Geneforge.

EDIT: I bought it with the 10% discount, will just leave it in my library for now. If it sucks I personally blame all of you who are reading this.

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Should I buy it on Early Access? It looks like something I would buy, and I want to make sure more games like this are made (assuming it's good), but I probably won't play it right now because I'm still finishing a playthrough of Geneforge.

EDIT: I bought it with the 10% discount, will just leave it in my library for now. If it sucks I personally blame all of you who are reading this.
Wrath of the righteous full release is in 6 days. I would have bought this otherwise but I'm not going to trade a full release for an early access.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Wrath of the righteous full release is in 6 days. I would have bought this otherwise but I'm not going to trade a full release for an early access.

Buy both. Black Geyser is not an expensive game.

How much it costs in USD? Was not expensive in my country.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Also, if I kickstarted this do I get a key to early access? Haven't seen anything on this yet on their Kickstarter page.

pm_675

Arbiter
Also, if I kickstarted this do I get a key to early access? Haven't seen anything on this yet on their Kickstarter page.

Got my Gog key on the mail. But no, they didn't announce anything on Kickstarter

Shaki

Arbiter

I would be careful with calling WotR a full release, I personally expect it to start being even remotely playable a year after the release date, similar to the prequel. I played alpha access games that were in a far better state than the "full release" Kingmaker.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I would be careful with calling WotR a full release, I personally expect it to start being even remotely playable a year after the release date, similar to the prequel. I played alpha access games that were in a far better state than the "full release" Kingmaker.
The month-old beta is definitely playable, so provided the full release is advanced from that point (and the two chapters we didn't get to see are in some reasonable state), it should be fine. I'm still going to wait a week or so for patches to roll out, but that's more because I have things to do.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The world is called urine-gall? Interesting. Are we absolutely sure this isn't some kind of very high effort and high concept trolling?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom