Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Elmarion: the Lost Temple - real-time blobber inspired by M&M - now available on Early Access

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_8d9cf875f47274c9f4ed6cd040ea2b542e79d270.1920x1080.jpg

ss_2025b59b922339d908a1be97d8db33d66da668c0.1920x1080.jpg

ss_c09a2734754e8d87c637cb8eff48a713b1b63c6c.1920x1080.jpg

Description
Elmarion: the Lost Temple is a first-person party RPG like games “Might and Magic”, “Wizardry”, “Legend of Grimrock”. The player controls a squad of 4 brave adventurers, choosing from 8 different classes: knight, archer, cleric, necromancer, fire mage, ice mage, air mage, nature mage. During the game, the squad explores the dungeons, clears them of monsters, and solves puzzles. Purpose of the game: to get an ancient powerful artifact.

History
The king was told about an ancient powerful artifact hidden in an abandoned temple, and he sent a squad of brave adventurers after it, promising them a generous reward.

Game features
1. Party first person RPG in real time.2. 8 character classes: knight, archer, cleric, necromancer, fire mage, ice mage, air mage and nature mage.
3. Each character has 10 unique skills.
4. Pumping skills and parameters of characters with the receipt of levels.
5. Items and Equipment: dungeons contain many great magic weapons and armor.
6. Gameplay: interesting battles and puzzles.
7. Various three-dimensional locations, monsters and bosses.

I see Luzur posted about this game in the M&M thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Ugh, who writes these texts? The video opens with a "Want to explore the mysteries of the Lost Temple?".... No? I mean, I don't even know what that is yet.
"Choose from eight classes!"... Oh yeah? Never seen such a crazy system before.
"Gather armor and you won't be afraid of the monsters!" - dude, I'm already not afraid. I just don't care after graciously spending 2 minutes watching your video. You had a chance to get a customer, but your inane text made me want to go for a siesta.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Sooo, it is probably one-man project, from a guy who works on 3 different (?) Elmarion games at the same time. It does not sound very promising, reminds me Ellian games, or whatever this shit was called.

Narushima

Cipher
"Each hero has 10 unique skills... And go to fight skeletons."
I does sound like it was written by a foreigner, but read by a native.
Much like PP GUN:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

This is out now on Early Access.

There's also a demo.

It was really not apparent from last year's description but EA announcement says dungeons are randomly generated. https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1476230/view/2945905042765076123

At this stage, the game contains the entire main storyline (and all the locations necessary for this - 20 locations!). Each location is randomly generated every time! Each location has unique monsters that are also randomly generated. Some locations have bosses that will reward you with unique items!
The game also has a tutorial. I highly recommend to complete it (it takes 5 minutes). It demonstrates some basic mechanics, knowing which, it will be much more interesting to play!

What's planned for full release?
More details!
More side quests are planned.
More bosses.
More unique items.
More achievements.
Additional locations (not on the main line).
Perhaps the final version will have a step-by-step mode.
Improving balance (I think the community will help improve balance!)
Translations into some other languages.

Some video:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
knight, ranger or... one of various mage flavors?
I guess its back to that 10 unique skills thing. Instead of having 1 mage class and different schools to pursue, you get 1:1 mapping
As such char progression seem simplistic, some attribute points and improve skill of choice.
Cant say I like what im seeing in here.

enemy count checks out mm series inspiration. Too bad I cant say the same about lvling up and spending points

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Shocking that no one experiments with a different color palette nowadays. Perihelion?

the "everything is colorful" thing which started with WoW plagues art direction to this day

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Looks like another soulless Unity asset flip.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spike

Educated
:necro:

This is on sale now. Anyone try it and can provide feedback? Looks neat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom