Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soys Row 2022

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
KHOsbc1.jpg

Oh hey, pure contempt for your audience. That's not new.

I wonder when SJW's will realize that they are creating their own worst enemies?

Man, where have I seen this "Deal With It"-arrogance before? Oh yes, wait ... it all comes back now!

Untitled.png

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder when SJW's will realize that they are creating their own worst enemies?
Meh - when a dev on a title the Codex likes sticks by their guns and says "We're not changing shit", they're awesome heroes. Because we don't like the style of this title, when they stick by their guns and say "We're not changing shit," they're weaklings and cowards.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The difference is, these people know that they'll have no consequences for their actions. If their game flops, they'll have no problem getting another job.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Meh - when a dev on a title the Codex likes sticks by their guns and says "We're not changing shit", they're awesome heroes. Because we don't like the style of this title, when they stick by their guns and say "We're not changing shit," they're weaklings and cowards.

There is a difference between not changing shit, and not changing shit.

Terra

Cipher
16k likes vs 23k dislikes on the official saints row channel, ratio'd across the board.

Best trailer, best announcement. lol

deuxhero

Arcane
Just when you thought it couldn't get worse

There have actually been several open world games set in Arizona, most prominently the Postal series, Wasteland, Wasteland 2, bits of New Vegas and even soyster favorite Horizon Zero Dawn

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Keep Santo strange

Did they get Austin confused with Los Vegas? Or did they get Portland confused with Los Vegas?

Why is there saguaro cactus around Las Vegas?

Why am I not seeing the color purple in this?

Having lived in one of these "keep it weird" shitholes where these people congregate, I could answer all these questions but I believe my profanity-laden rant would be long enough to break the server.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
and so dies the last hope for a gta game that isn't up its own ass. and now watch them scrap the sr2 patch out of spite.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The difference is, these people know that they'll have no consequences for their actions. If their game flops, they'll have no problem getting another job.
Hmm ... so you're saying that those with greater financial stability and resources have a greater obligation to serve the needs of the public. You may have something there.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

There have actually been several open world games set in Arizona, most prominently the Postal series, Wasteland, Wasteland 2, bits of New Vegas and even soyster favorite Horizon Zero Dawn

So no character creation and you're stuck playing a colored chick. Failure

They don't know why one of their characters doesn't wear a shirt. Failure

All of the characters are hipsters from the local soy college. Failure

No actual gangster characters in your gang. Failure

This isn't Saints Row. It's Soy Row. I could feel the soy oozing out of this video and the developers have less testosterone then a 5 year old boys little league team.

Soys Row is going to bomb hard.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Hmm ... so you're saying that those with greater financial stability and resources have a greater obligation to serve the needs of the public. You may have something there.

No... I was saying that these people have got a cabal where they look out for each other behind the scenes. Wealth plays a big role in that behind the scenes (especially their parents' wealth and the opportunities that opened up for them) but there's other factors at play as well.

As for your statement in general though, I'd totally agree.

Terra

Cipher

So no character creation and you're stuck playing a colored chick. Failure

They don't know why one of their characters doesn't wear a shirt. Failure

All of the characters are hipsters from the local soy college. Failure

No actual gangster characters in your gang. Failure

This isn't Saints Row. It's Soy Row. I could feel the soy oozing out of this video and the developers have less testosterone then a 5 year old boys little league team.

Soys Row is going to bomb hard.

Character creation is supposedly in, but you know the actual reason why we have buzzcut black dyke female boss as the face of this game. And even with customisation it won't change the fact that you'll be knee deep in soy the whole game with this totally relatable cast by your side every step of the way. Gameplay could be fucking awesome for all I know, but pandering overtures present in whats shown so far supports this being a narrative trainwreck.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I understand the idea of a reboot and a change in tone. How do you want to top IV and the expansion in the same style and tone?
I'm also not sure what is journalist virtual signaling ("casual sexism, yuck") and what is really in the new game. The devs did a bad job in communicating that with the Fortnite trailer and their "contemporary" bullshit.

I don't think the team are weaklings and cowards for shitposting on twitter, it's very brave of them to stick to it despite the negative reception (even if it's because it's too late change anything), others would just go silent. But this project picked the Saints row title to sell more so it's not getting the same treatment as the weirdo indie making his dream game while giving zero fucks to what sells.

Also I have pattern recognition skills so I can tell that if they think a popular game from a decade ago was "a product of their time" they're gonna fuck up the gameplay too.

KHOsbc1.jpg

It's always funny seeing some company trying to do sassy Wendy's tweets and it just completely backfire. The secret to that marketing strategy that seems to escape so many other companies is you need the majority of people on your side. In this case the majority of people seem to hate the new Saints and think they look fucking lame and corny.

There's also no way they get the "knee jerk reaction" here. If they thought this reaction was coming their way there's no way that reveal trailer or that trailer today with a little look at gameplay happens like they did happen. Watching that trailer today you can definitely tell they thought people would just love these news characters given how much foucsed the gameplay trailer gives them, and how much they talk up looking to a new generation of hires on it....which now just comes off as finger pointing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom