Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

LizardWizard

Cipher
The tutorial/intro is fucking garbage/cringe. Had to refund out of principle.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If someone wanna to play it as a wintermage, just DON'T!!!!

My spellweaver could learn fireball and how to summon ghouls once she reached lv 5 and I as a winter mage had to chose between freezing fingertips, freezing fingertips or ... freezing fingertips. Not a single elevated energy spell to prepare.

2Key2qr.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Freezing fingernails deals only 2 damage... Seriously. That is worse than tier 1 spell. After this I deleted all my saves and will play as necromancer.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I was super excited about drying but I ran into an issue. Once I started drying a mushroom I decided I also wanted to dry a herb but since I pressed the drying button already it wouldn't let me add the herb until my mushroom was done even though the second slot was still empty. I had to rest and crush my mushroom before I could dry the herb which took up an extra 8 hours and the second drying took up another candle when I could have just added the herb to the mushroom and used one candle.

Hope this gets addressed before release

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I was super excited about drying but I ran into an issue. Once I started drying a mushroom I decided I also wanted to dry a herb but since I pressed the drying button already it wouldn't let me add the herb until my mushroom was done even though the second slot was still empty. I had to rest and crush my mushroom before I could dry the herb which took up an extra 8 hours and the second drying took up another candle when I could have just added the herb to the mushroom and used one candle.

:deathclaw:
Why? Clearly you are at fault. Also what is the point of using herbs in the game? Is there any special spin or just more health potions to sell?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is there any special spin or just more health potions to sell?

IDK if is just more hp potions or something like black potions in M&M VI~VIII

Anyway, necromancer is amazing. In less than 2 hours I already reached lv 5 by soloing stuff. I don't plan to solo the game(yet)
CNw8Zgk.png

SPMXtJs.png

Yes. 4 Ghouls with a single spell.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

:deathclaw:
Why? Clearly you are at fault. Also what is the point of using herbs in the game? Is there any special spin or just more health potions to sell?

you can craft a variety of potions to either use yourself or sell, you can also used crushed dried herbs as sleeping powder or poison to use on guards if you are a thief by planting it on them. you can also throw powders in combat too I think.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update #1 Is Here!
Black Geyser has launched into Early Access, so here's our first fixes based on your feedback!

Ho there, adventurers!

With Black Geyser having launched yesterday (thank you again to all those who are joining us on this adventure!), we wanted to start as we mean to go on, by delivering some early fixes. Some bugs may have caused issues for you while you were roaming Isilmerald, and we wanted to get those squashed as soon as possible.

Fixes
  • Hotkeys are now properly displayed in tooltip texts
  • The Burning effect now causes Heat damage in every case
  • Enerant fights can no longer make the Immobilized effect stuck on your character
  • Command Company buffs now provide tooltips
  • Fixes in Party Perks functionality
  • Throwing weapons cannot be put to projectile slots any longer
  • Select All Common buttons cannot break shops any longer
  • Krag cannot appear multiple times anymore in the area after you give him a potion
  • Candle-related bug fixes in the tutorial

Changes
  • Several extra Loading Screen hints have been added to further explain game features
  • Loading screen hints will inform you when you are ambushed during your travels
  • More accurate Journal Entries added

Expect many more fixes in the coming days as we collate all your feedback, and pursue key target areas of concern based on what you’ve told us!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/2967297140999872537

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

My spellweaver could learn fireball and how to summon ghouls once she reached lv 5 and I as a winter mage had to chose between freezing fingertips, freezing fingertips or ... freezing fingertips. Not a single elevated energy spell to prepare.

2Key2qr.jpg
Why does your character sheet clarify that you're a mortal? Seems kind of weird.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

2Key2qr.jpg
Why does your character sheet clarify that you're a mortal? Seems kind of weird.
Mostly there as a reminder for overzealous necromancers.

Johnny Biggums

Learned
My experience with the demo was so-so. I thought the entire introductory phase - from the very start until you leave the witch's map - was paced wrong and included an inexplicable deus ex machina. I don't understand why crpgs have so much trouble getting the start right.

After that, I noticed that the side quests came slowly and were of an uninspired gopher type design. The city had an empty feeling despite all the people milling around, which reminded me of Defiance Bay.

Consider me worried about the storyfag and exploration elements.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
My experience with the demo was so-so. I thought the entire introductory phase - from the very start until you leave the witch's map - was paced wrong and included an inexplicable deus ex machina. I don't understand why crpgs have so much trouble getting the start right.

After that, I noticed that the side quests came slowly and were of an uninspired gopher type design. The city had an empty feeling despite all the people milling around, which reminded me of Defiance Bay.

Consider me worried about the storyfag and exploration elements.

Nigger, what you're doing is akin to discussing Hitler's invasion of Poland during D Day. Demo is old. EA version is new. And different. And better. And more complete. Stop giving us your outdated opinions. Speak about EA experience or shut up

Much love

Johnny Biggums

Learned
Nigger, what you're doing is akin to discussing Hitler's invasion of Poland during D Day. Demo is old. EA version is new. And different. And better. And more complete. Stop giving us your outdated opinions. Speak about EA experience or shut up

Much love

greetings my nigger, I'm interested in hearing about what changed in chapter 1 between the demo and the EA

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Agreed, main nigger. I just hope that devs will be deaf to cries of Steam babies and that game won't go unnoticed by RPG community. This is wonky and janky as hell, but has more soul then multi-trillion $$$ BG3

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Question to those playing EA: Is writing really that bad or it just triggered Steam babies by using "his" instead of "them" for character of unknown gender?

Any company that doesn't fly flag of New ClownWorld Order, is my fren

GloomFrost

Arcane
Question to those playing EA: Is writing really that bad or it just triggered Steam babies by using "his" instead of "them" for character of unknown gender?

Any company that doesn't fly flag of New ClownWorld Order, is my fren
I think its better them most writing done by NU Obsidian, Bethesda or Larian. No huge lore dumps, no constant wokeness no unnecessarily long descriptions. I would say its the same level as old Bioware (BG2, DA:O). Simple, solid, entertaining, practical dialogues and BELIEVABLE, memorable characters. Its not exactly Disco, Arcanum, Sunless Sea, VMB or KOTOR 2 but still better then 90% of other so called RPGs we get nowadays.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Great! Devs are Hungarians, let's hope they are as stubborn in their game design as president Orban is about governing Hungary. Give ClownWorldOrder zero inch!

I swear Steam babies have with their demand for "quality of life improvements" creatively castrated so many promising RPGs lately

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Great! Devs are Hungarians, let's hope they are as stubborn in their game design as president Orban is about governing Hungary. Give ClownWorldOrder zero inch!

I swear Steam babies have with their demand for "quality of life improvements" have creatively castrated so many promising RPGs lately

Any time former Commies smell money they throw their principles out the window, so...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom