Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Prison-based adventure RPG Prisonscape finally releasing in March

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Heaviest Matter; Prisonscape

Over seven years ago, we posted about the Kickstarter campaign for Prisonscape, a gritty and uncompromising JRPG-esque prison RPG made by a couple of Finnish guys. The game would soon make its home in our Hosted RPGs forum and Crooked Bee even interviewed its designer, Pekka Kallioniemi. The Kickstarter failed but development on Prisonscape continued, albeit so slowly that you'd be excused for thinking it was abandoned. In fact, no fewer than fifteen closed alpha builds have been released since 2015, with development rapidly accelerating since last year. Earlier this year Pekka began releasing gameplay footage on his personal YouTube channel and today the game's Steam page was launched, including a teaser trailer (originally released back in May).

Prisonscape will now be entering beta and is scheduled for release in March 2022. If you'd like to participate in the beta, contact PekkaK on our forums.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Honestly, it's probably for the best that its kickstarter failed. It probably would have just created all sorts of hype, followed by bad blood after it took the better part of a decade to be released.

Also, ironic that this is released by Finns given Finland's famous approach to prisons.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
Tell me about romance options. Looking forward to the shower rapes.

I never understood the appeal of sex in the shower. Water isn't a very good lubricant, and people tend to become slippery after soaping themselves. Laundry rooms, on the other hand...

GarlandExCon

Arcane
I got past the jail stage of the game. So far so good. I found a few small glitches and continuity errors, but nothing major. I'm keeping a list

vmode

Heaviest Matter
Developer
Honestly, it's probably for the best that its kickstarter failed. It probably would have just created all sorts of hype, followed by bad blood after it took the better part of a decade to be released.

Also, ironic that this is released by Finns given Finland's famous approach to prisons.

Agreed. I think we got the budget estimate for the assets correct but we seriously underestimated the budget for our "salaries" (i.e. how long it would take to finish the game working full-time).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom