Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Vatnik Wumao
Witcher 3 is a fun story wrapped around hideous gameplay just like Cyberpunk.
Eh, I think that Cyberpunk is an upgrade in this regard. Both of them are serviceable at best though, nothing fancy (and I'm a masochist for finishing TW3 on Death March).

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Witcher Netflix boredthe fuck out of me and I barely made it to the 4th or 5th episode. I dunno... ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzleeeeeeppppppp!!!

jackofshadows

Magister
One of the worst shows I've seen. But it has bunch of "so bad it's good" moments, like when that gypsy-Yen goes into hysterics about wanting a child and Cavill's acting is priceless there. Or scene with lifting the urchin curse where they decided to rotate the camera 360 degrees around it over and over, was hilarious. It also has few surprisingly good action scenes with Geralt and Cavill carries many scenes single-handedly. Still hopeless overall due to abysmal script and casting.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Imagine thinking that putting the godfuckingugly costumes from the Netfilx abomination into the game is a oood idea. Maybe if they at least tried selling them.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
So about the GOTY: is the wolf school armor quest still broken like it was before GOTY edition?
It's a game made by company that did Cyberbug 2077 what do you think? Of course it's still bugged they are still unfixed bugs in cutscenes too :hahano:

This shit for example is still in the game :hahano:

Semiurge

Cipher
E531CN9WQAMmK-h

Looks like they’re adding Netflix skins lmao.

Wow Cyberpunk must have really hurt CDPR for them to whore out this hard. I hope it doesn't affect GOG too much.
Meh its what brainlets want a mod that adds this has 83k downloads on nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3913

3913-1602907924-366874880.jpeg

The "dad-bod" mod

RrBlLaj.jpg

0fd76pa.jpg

EfsTVuq.jpg

Hxx-WSGg-HENMZVNWGBiyju3.jpg

"Mads Mikkelsen" Geralt

1580321599_The-Witcher-3-welcomes-Mads-Mikkelsen-in-a-new-mod-1200x900.jpg

Semiurge

Cipher
It's a game made by company that did Cyberbug 2077 what do you think? Of course it's still bugged they are still unfixed bugs in cutscenes too :hahano:

Not necessarily. Most of the complaints seem to be about the pre-GOTY version with that DLC installed without starting a new game. No-one seems to know what triggers this bug but according to legend it doesn't always happen.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Finished Witcher once 1-2 years ago and am on the mood for a second playthrough but i am not sure how do i want to go about it and would like to know if you guys think if the new game plus mode worth it? Should i check any mods since i played the game so far unmodded?

I can only tolerate mods regarding level scaling, loot and combat. The rest of the game is fine as it is.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Finished Witcher once 1-2 years ago and am on the mood for a second playthrough but i am not sure how do i want to go about it and would like to know if you guys think if the new game plus mode worth it? Should i check any mods since i played the game so far unmodded?

I can only tolerate mods regarding level scaling, loot and combat. The rest of the game is fine as it is.
I would try W3EE but make combat less deadly through adjusting the damage multiplier sliders in the mod's options. They are customizeable ingame.

I spent like 50 hours trying to play W3EE but I found that combat was very much not meant to be played in the one/two-hit kills mode, and there are occasionally bugs which may block your progress if you are not careful with saving your games.

Last edited:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Personally I got quite far into it with 'W3: Ghost mode' mod and found it pretty good. Just didn't have the energy to play through the whole thing again.

Old Hans

Arcane
I just played through the Surge 2 and realized that was the kind of combat Witcher 3 originally wanted, where you target body parts, but since they suck ass at making interesting systems they settled for the most basic boring combat every created in the history of mankind

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
God help me, I'm contemplating another playthrough (I'm in a graphics whore mood).

When I played this I quite enjoyed Ghost Mode as a main tweaks mod, but I notice that hasn't been updated since the end of 2020. However, Lore Friendly Tweaks seems to be up to the minute. Anybody got any experience with that? (W3EE was never my cup of tea, too idiosyncratic a vision.)

Semiurge

Cipher
Completed "Lynch Mob", having feelings of shame. The things we do for 20 pieces of silver experience. The writers should've made it an option to just watch the Nilfgaardian deserter hang and earn the EXP the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom