Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Bloodline - aRPG inspired by Mount and Blade and Skyrim

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

d1nolore

Savant
Looks very cartoony, probably going for a younger demographic. Maybe the now grown minecraft kids.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Looks very cartoony, probably going for a younger demographic. Maybe the now grown minecraft kids.
I'm pretty sure it's just the result of what I like to call programmer graphics. I doubt he'd be going for that look if he had an artist.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Whatever this low poly art style is, it needs to die real quick.
Perhaps they fix that during Early Access. :M

I find it incredibly fascinating to see indie devs evolving before our eyes. They went from low effort pixelart garbage to low effort Doom engine knockoffs to low poly PS1 era garbage. By 2050 we might get something that looks like a real 3D game.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Whatever this low poly art style is, it needs to die real quick.
Perhaps they fix that during Early Access. :M

I find it incredibly fascinating to see indie devs evolving before our eyes. They went from low effort pixelart garbage to low effort Doom engine knockoffs to low poly PS1 era garbage. By 2050 we might get something that looks like a real 3D game.
Perhaps they're re-creating stuff they liked as kids.
Besides attempting to do ultra realistic graphics means that most of these projects won't be releasing at all.

d1nolore

Savant
Cartoon graphics and cooldown skill timers, it’s all for targeting a demographic. We’re not in it. Nothing wrong with that.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The graphics are unity asset store stuff, I've seen those character models in about 20 different games. They're used not only for performance but because the company that made them made a ton. From fantasy to sci-fi, and I assume its easy to make more models for anyway.

Don't know if the environment has the same deal, it might.

vazha

Arcane
Less of the ole exclamation marks, please, this ain't that kind of site, y'know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom