Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Skyrim is getting The Most Definitive Re-re-re-release once again at 11.11.2021

TheSoul

Scholar
Skyrim remains to this day the worst disgrace in gaming.
Nope, that award belongs to Mass Effect 2.

Diablo 3, really.

Not an rpg, but Simcity 5 is my personal biggest disappointment.

Looks like todd needs extra money to fund TES 6. Tired of these endless remasters while original version isn't even that hard to play.
U5507HR.gif

grimace

Arcane
What's really hilarious is that Daggerfall is now in Unity thanks to a dedicated fan. It plays better and has more options then Skyrim The Theme Park Ride™.

Daggerfall Unity has generated how much income?
Gaming as a hobby > Gaming as a business

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
What's really hilarious is that Daggerfall is now in Unity thanks to a dedicated fan. It plays better and has more options then Skyrim The Theme Park Ride™.

Daggerfall Unity has generated how much income?
Gaming as a hobby > Gaming as a business

Oh I didn't realize that money mattered when it came to quality. I guess McDonalds makes the bestest burgers in the world compared to a 5 star Michelin restaurant.

:killit:

Xi

Arcane
I guarantee this was a Microsoft move (Gotta recoup some of that 7 Billion). Still, I'm curious about what they have cooking for the next game. Star Field seems.... interesting, but I think it's time for a new TES game that introduces more features (rather than combining/streamlining/fuckifying). I enjoy a good hiking simulator.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I guarantee this was a Microsoft move
I disagree. That smells like them, for sure. There are a ton of community bug patches/fixes to vanilla Skyrim that have never been implemented by the studio itself in the past 10 years, but on 11.11 we ought to celebrate the fact that we're getting fishing. :lol:

Poseidon00

Arcane
Skyrim's success was death of Elder Scrolls. 10+ years without new game by a multi-billion company. Time between Morrowind and Oblivion? 3 years

They could have done so much with the IP, instead they made shitty WoW clone (ESO), shitty HeartStone clone (Elder Scrolls Legends) and shitty FruitNinjas clone (Blades)

It's not NORMAL to wait for 15 years between sequals. ES6 will be released in 2025/6, and it will be shit

Don't even understand it from a financial standpoint. ES6 would have been a slam dunk success. Instead they invested in everything but that.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I assume they intended for ESO to fill that gap. Lifeservice, lootboxes and all that.

Maybe they also finally realized there is nothing else you can squeeze out of ye olde Gaybryo engine and needed time to.... heh who am I kidding, it's so much cheaper to reuse scripts bugs made for Lolblivion once again.

Money saved is money earned. I know, right, it just works!
:hearnoevil:

We need more Toddler gifs.

Ravielsk

Magister
On youtube I heard an interesting take. Supposedly this might be a move on Bethesda's part to wrap up Skyrim's creation club support. So they are reselling all the shit on it one more time before they pull the plug on it. Not sure if I believe it but it would certainly fit typical Bethesda MO.

Caim

Arcane
Hold on, people actually craft items like that in Fallout outside of dedicated roleplay playthroughs?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom