Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
How can I get D2DX to work with Plugy?

I have found this link https://bestofcpp.com/repo/bolrog-d2dx where it says that I need to "copy the included "D2DX_SlashDiabloHD.dll" and "SlashDiabloHD.mpq" into your Diablo II folder", but I can't find those files anywhere in the archive.

https://github.com/bolrog/d2dx

Installation
Copy the included "glide3x.dll" into your Diablo II folder.

Note that in some cases you may have to also download and install the Visual C++ runtime library from Microsoft: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

Usage
To start the game with D2DX enabled, just provide -3dfx, e.g.

Game.exe -3dfx

Windowed/fullscreen mode can be switched at any time by pressing ALT-Enter. The normal -w command-line option works too.

Many of the default settings of D2DX can be changed. For a full list of command-line options and how to use a configuration file, see the wiki.
Yes I know, the vanilla game works like that, but I want to play it with Plugy. When I write in the -3dfx line in the Plugy config I get an error on launch. I assume it's because I have to have those .dll and .mpq files, but I don't know where to get those from. They aren't in the D2DX archive.

I added glide3x.dll in base directory and the "Mod PlugY" directory. There are instructions on mod compatibility in the wiki on the Github page. Read them carefully because it does answer these questions.

catfood

AGAIN

I have found this link https://bestofcpp.com/repo/bolrog-d2dx where it says that I need to "copy the included "D2DX_SlashDiabloHD.dll" and "SlashDiabloHD.mpq" into your Diablo II folder", but I can't find those files anywhere in the archive.

Installation

Note that in some cases you may have to also download and install the Visual C++ runtime library from Microsoft: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

Usage

Game.exe -3dfx

Windowed/fullscreen mode can be switched at any time by pressing ALT-Enter. The normal -w command-line option works too.

Many of the default settings of D2DX can be changed. For a full list of command-line options and how to use a configuration file, see the wiki.
Yes I know, the vanilla game works like that, but I want to play it with Plugy. When I write in the -3dfx line in the Plugy config I get an error on launch. I assume it's because I have to have those .dll and .mpq files, but I don't know where to get those from. They aren't in the D2DX archive.

I added glide3x.dll in base directory and the "Mod PlugY" directory. There are instructions on mod compatibility in the wiki on the Github page. Read them carefully because it does answer these questions.
Yeah, adding the glide3x.dll in the Plugy directory as well worked. Thanks.

Strangely enough JamesDixon 's version of the file works even without having the glide3x.dll in the Plugy directory but then the game isn't at 60 FPS.

I guess you need the file in both the Diablo 2 as well as Plugy's directories to work as intended.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
upload_2021-8-29_16-10-45.png
upload_2021-8-29_16-11-49.png
upload_2021-8-29_16-14-43.png

tits FTW

grabs from the D2 CE rule book and manual

rInuZcr.png

Dexter

Arcane
The main part of his argument is that LoD took away a chunk of the difficulty out of early game and as a result it lost its role playing aspect because instead of danger everywhere and having too little resources that you have to scavenge you now simply run past things. Role playing aspects in base D2 would be frequently returning to town in order to heal and talk to townspeople, but also the immersion related to a lack of resources, such as mana, and scrounging for gold.
I don't know about that, you can "run past things" perfectly fine in the Original Diablo 2 and there's plenty of "danger everywhere" where you run out of potions or need to TP to heal and talk in LoD. I think the main issue with LoD is that it over-complicated a few things that didn't need to be by adding the shit with the Runes, Charms and making the loot game in general worse. I liked the way Upgrading Socketed weapons worked before with being able to Upgrade Gems and using them to add things like Elemental damage or Life Leech. You already had all the Horadric Cube recipes. I kind of regard some of the changes similar to the Auction House game in Diablo III, as unnecessary additions that make the game worse. Also the additional characters (Assassin, Druid) are kind of wank and feel like an afterthought in comparison to the icon Original ones (Barbarian, Sorceress, Necromancer, Amazon, Paladin).

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Installation

Usage

Game.exe -3dfx

Yeah, adding the glide3x.dll in the Plugy directory as well worked. Thanks.

Strangely enough JamesDixon 's version of the file works even without having the glide3x.dll in the Plugy directory but then the game isn't at 60 FPS.

I guess you need the file in both the Diablo 2 as well as Plugy's directories to work as intended.

It's not my file as I found it by searching for the dlls you were looking for. It was the top result for DuckDuckGo. I'm glad you got it working.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Funny no D3 pnp books though I do believe there was a WOW RPG. I bought the prima guides and guides for 1-2 and looked up stats in the mods and everything back in the day. I loved new mobs, spells, items and was pretty psyched on an actual rpg booklet.

Even though D3 is what it is, I probably would have bought if PC had an offline purchase using the same sort of type in the keycode shit. They went eith online crap so I said FUCK OFF BLIZZARD. Halflife & Steam did this shit too. Steam still pisses me off and I rarely use it (on a slut computer only that is shit).

I like offline gameplay where i don't need a connection to install, constantly update, or play.

I recall the notes on a tb early diablo and wonder if that prototype to play is still around. It must be buggy as hell.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
David Brevik, former Blizzard co-founder and Diablo designer/programmer will not be streaming or buying D2 Resurrected.

https://twitter.com/davidbrevik/status/1432367837650178048

Likely due to ActiBlizz's horrific reputation these past few months, but that's just an edumucated guess...
Doubt he would've done it even without the recent events. Brevik did not have many good things to say about Blizzard.. ever.

Does anyone remember the drama when Jay Wilson and the D3 devs badmouthed Brevik on Facebook? Brevik had made some remark that D3 wasn't the game he'd make, which wasn't even that negative.

Wilson and co lost their minds.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Does anyone remember the drama when Jay Wilson and the D3 devs badmouthed Brevik on Facebook? Brevik had made some remark that D3 wasn't the game he'd make, which wasn't even that negative.

Wilson and co lost their minds.
Didn't remember that, but that's pretty disrespectful, and not very surprising for Jay. Blizzard really should've told him to just shut up. Instead we got 'fuck those losers'. Nah, what I was thinking of was how Brevik always seemed a bit disgruntled how Blizzard sidelinend him and the Schaefers. He would muse in his videos and streams occasionally how Blizzard had never sent any of them an invite to take part in any Diablo events like Blizzcon panels and such, but that they'd frequently get invites from Chris Wilson to come to ExileCon. Really telling who were the ones that appreciated them more.

abija

Prophet
Wouldn't matter if blizzard told him to shut up because it wasn't supposed to be public. It was more of a "what they really think" moment.

I'm surprised Codex doesn't agree with that statement though considering the direction they wanted to take Diablo after 2. That was current day decline way ahead of the time (the shitty concepts behind hellgate and marvel heroes, including monetization).

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
David Brevik, former Blizzard co-founder and Diablo designer/programmer will not be streaming or buying D2 Resurrected.

https://twitter.com/davidbrevik/status/1432367837650178048

Likely due to ActiBlizz's horrific reputation these past few months, but that's just an edumucated guess...

He is not supporting D2R for all the wrong reasons I bet.

Brevik is so woke that he imagines Blizzard having some dungeon where women employees were raped systematically.
Also he is just piling up shitting on Blizzard not to be canceled by the thought police.

I bet he's ready to flog himself in the public square for accepting the Amazon to be portrayed wearing a cuir bouilli resembling a thigh high leotard.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom