Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
CAn sum ofu post some GUD portrait packs?

I want some dark shit, and angelic shit. like badass stuff with executioner helms of doom or undead stuff and some angel stuff for oracles and palals
Make it yourself. Seriously, packs are just that - 2-3 things you actually want to keep and hundreds of meh to bad.

Vatnik Wumao
CAn sum ofu post some GUD portrait packs?

I want some dark shit, and angelic shit. like badass stuff with executioner helms of doom or undead stuff and some angel stuff for oracles and palals
Make it yourself. Seriously, packs are just that - 2-3 things you actually want to keep and hundreds of meh to bad.
Self-made portraits, best portraits.
pRrk6cT.jpg

gyjqHX9.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
Time to prepare portraits for my party members. Loli elf, psycho elf, spider thing, fox girl, shaneekwa. Did i missed someone or that's all?
Oh, right, there is demon girl too. I'll take her just to cuck lich. Someone has to go.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Thanks, I'll look into that class. Although I usually prefer DEX-based builds (because my first D20 games were KotORs and DEX was superior to everything else there)

For DEX-based, Sword Saint Magus is much better than other gish-types for tanking.

Gold Dragon is generally more favourable for STR than DEX builds due to half-dragon and full-dragon forms.

For an azata DEX-based gish that isn't a magus, you could go for an elf (wizard or sage sorcerer 10)/Eldritch Knight 10. STR 11, DEX 17 (+1), CON 12, INT 18 (+4), WIS 10, CHA 12. It's more of a caster that can fight a bit though, rather an a front-liner.

The other option for an azata is some kind of bard (probably dirge bard or archeologist) with 4 levels of eldritch knight to push the BAB up to 16 and still get most of the benefit from the songs.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks, I'll look into that class. Although I usually prefer DEX-based builds (because my first D20 games were KotORs and DEX was superior to everything else there)

For DEX-based, Sword Saint Magus is much better than other gish-types for tanking.

Gold Dragon is generally more favourable for STR than DEX builds due to half-dragon and full-dragon forms.

For an azata DEX-based gish that isn't a magus, you could go for an elf (wizard or sage sorcerer 10)/Eldritch Knight 10. STR 11, DEX 17 (+1), CON 12, INT 18 (+4), WIS 10, CHA 12. It's more of a caster that can fight a bit though, rather an a front-liner.

The other option for an azata is some kind of bard (probably dirge bard or archeologist) with 4 levels of eldritch knight to push the BAB up to 16 and still get most of the benefit from the songs.

The above contains a good bit of theorycrafting that doesn't work in Wrath and isn't all that great in P:K. Bard songs don't stack with Azata songs for instance. BAB isn't nearly as important when you've got all these big numbers flying around.

Mythics are in general about supplementing your base class with the features of another than intensifying what you already have. There are a few abilities that enhance what you're already doing but if you go for that you'll end up with a lot of overlap.

I like Aldori Defender/Swordlord for DEX melee. You can pick up some spells via your Mythic.

Swordlord 14 on Core.jpg

Archeologist/Trickster is also fun and gives you access to the best Dispel.

Trickster Trickery 1 Check.jpg

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Most people talking about Splashing on ZA for late levels (taking Lann in a different direction after ZA3 like Huntmaster to get a Mount and Solo Tactics is a different story) overlook how good some of the Ki abilities get. Here's Ki Shout at level 14:

Zen Archer14 Ki Shout.jpg

It's a Standard Action so you can use it on turns when you need to move and can't get a Full Attack in. It's not a Touch Attack, it doesn't need an attack at all. Stun plus solid damage. You can use SR bypass items or just target things with low SR. If you stay ZA you keep earning more Ki points and the damage and DC keeps rising. Can also thrown on a Cold Ice Strike as a Swift Action and Dimension Door as a Move (once it's fixed, currently a Door is Standard, still good to get into melee and position for Cold Ice).

The damage dice on the Bow, the AC, and the Speed also increase naturally with level as well.

Last edited:

CaesarCzech

Scholar
anybody knows if its possible to make custom autolevel ? i dont mind playing back to chapter 3 again once it releases but id rather have the levels go like i have them setup now.

Stoned Ape

Savant
The above contains a good bit of theorycrafting that doesn't work in Wrath and isn't all that great in P:K. Bard songs don't stack with Azata songs for instance. BAB isn't nearly as important when you've got all these big numbers flying around.

Zayne originally suggested he wanted to go for Azata/Gold Dragon spellblade types.

The BAB is just to get the 4th attack, which could also benefit from the -4 per iterative attack ability (can't remember the name off the top of my head) combined with the Incredible Might superpower to help more of them land.

I was thinking of Archeologist mainly for adding Uncanny Dodge while keeping the total number of classes down to 2 and maintaining caster level, or Dirge Bard for save bonuses, summon song, and performance to replace intimidate checks to demoralise.

Azata doesn't get many song uses/rest. I realize that they don't stack with bard songs, but by having the latter available it reduces the impact of the Azata songs running out. I think Azata has to wait until getting 7th level spells for Heroes Never Surrender before he can refresh ability uses without resting.

I was thinking that it would be good to save the Azata songs for difficult fights but keep up Archeologists Luck/Inspire/summon undead up more frequently in other fights.

Desiderius

Patron
The one thing Azata does do is make Bard Enchanter finally a threat, especially with Life Bubble now in game.

38 DC Mind Fog is no joke.

Stoned Ape

Savant
I think the Superpowers are all very strong and can be picked to boost most classes effectively.

Incredible Might is pretty great for any front liner, especially one who wants to land iterative attacks.

Marvelous Endurance is just awesome.

Favourable Magic is also top tier for a caster, Zappy spells is OK, but not as good in my opinion.

The others would work well for different classes, but I think the one's I've mentioned are the best of the bunch.

Also, Aivu is also a big buff for any character, especially one who doesn't already have a pet.

TBH, the songs are more of a cherry on the cake thing than a primary feature of the class. They're good, but I wouldn't choose to go Azata just to take them.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
chucking bombs as a swarm seems wrong
You wanna hear wrong? Swarm Jihad. Flamewarden 20. Swarm can spawn clones to compensate missing party members, let's assume 6 are the max. There is a cloak that spawns a swarm on clone death. Clones have all your abilities. Flamewarden makes your clones explode on death with CON scaling damage while simultaneously healing your allies AND at level 20 once per day it makes them respawn a round later with half health meaning even more explosions and swarms.

a-man-sets-himself-ablaze-in-protest-against-police-for-setting-free-rape-suspects-1503649804-8019.jpg

c1a7e6ae02dbfa8d674a3b74c71fe3f3.jpg
Wrong game, Ignus.

BUUURRRRRNNNNN!

Lol fitting considering that Vhailor is basically Paladin/Aeon.

bataille

Arcane
Is this going to be playable in TB from start to finish without any adverse effects on your sanity? How many fights against three rats (and other time-wasters) are there? Please reassure me.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is this going to be playable in TB from start to finish without any adverse effects on your sanity? How many fights against three rats (and other time-wasters) are there? Please reassure me.
No! Not playable in Turn Based only! I've played the prologue about 3-4 times exclusively in Turn Based - it sucked. So many shittty encounters that waste your time.

Desiderius

Patron
I think the Superpowers are all very strong and can be picked to boost most classes effectively.

Incredible Might is pretty great for any front liner, especially one who wants to land iterative attacks.

Marvelous Endurance is just awesome.

Favourable Magic is also top tier for a caster, Zappy spells is OK, but not as good in my opinion.

The others would work well for different classes, but I think the one's I've mentioned are the best of the bunch.

Also, Aivu is also a big buff for any character, especially one who doesn't already have a pet.

TBH, the songs are more of a cherry on the cake thing than a primary feature of the class. They're good, but I wouldn't choose to go Azata just to take them.

Oh nothing just 12 (or more!) free feats no prereqs everyone keeps fighting dead or alive. Yep pretty ho hum. How do people miss so much?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sanity? You're fighting demons and you're worried about your sanity? Does anyone here come across as sane to you?

So far no trash fights, m'lady. You can play TB from start to finish just fine.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Backer keys are available:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3283380

Hey! It’s the preload day!

Hello crusaders!

Well, what do you know - it’s our 100th update! And we have some exciting news to match that number!

First of all, watch our new launch trailer!

It’s time to preload!
That’s right! Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is available for preload now! If you pre-ordered the game on Steam, GOG, or Epic Games Store, you can already start downloading the game.

If you backed the game on Kickstarter or pre-ordered on our site, please log into your account using the same email you used on Kickstarter when you backed the game, go to your Digital Download tab, select your favourite platform (Steam, GOG, or Epic Games Store) and get your key. Then activate your key in the store you’ve selected, and start downloading the game!

To activate your code in Steam, follow this link.

To find out how to redeem your code in GOG, please read this guide.

To redeem your code in Epic Games Store, please log into your EGS account, then follow this link and activate your code.

You will be able to play Wrath of the Righteous on the 2nd of September, starting from 19:00 MSK / 18:00 CEST / 12 P.M. EDT / 9 A.M. PDT. A Day One patch will also become available at that moment.

If you are having issues with obtaining your key on our site, please write us to team@owlcatgames.com, and we will help you! Keep in mind though that we are getting a lot of emails right now, and it may take some time for us to respond to everyone.

Ask — and we shall answer!
If you have answers for our developers, join us on the r/OwlcatGames subreddit on the 31st of August, 20:00 MSK / 19:00 CEST / 1 P.M. EDT / 10 A.M. PDT to participate in a big "Ask Me Anything" session, devoted to the release of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous! For two hours, we will be answering your questions there!

0b072c6d0d123e49edf4f6f7f23ece42_original.jpg

To arms!

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom