Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware That Which Sleeps - Vaporware Strategy RP

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"Joined: Yesterday"

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Also can I get a screenshot of the game from someone who has it.

As far as the game goes, we're under the NDA. I can, however, share a screenshot from the map editor.

lVQfDif.jpg

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I’m confused is the game alive somewhere or not. If it’s alive it’s taking a very long time to go public.
I answered your question, game is dead, the posters here are role-playing playing the game for some insane reason.

That's because, in the end, it is much closer to a CRPG than to a strategy. Quirky hybrid, this one.

Mortmal

Arcane

As far as the game goes, we're under the NDA. I can, however, share a screenshot from the map editor.

lVQfDif.jpg

It's from an older build however, its better looking with more options for map procedural generation now , we prefer to not share cause of NDA yes . I'd rather use archipelago than landmass or pangea . As i am playing "deep ones "faction as i call them ,it benefits greatly for coastal towns and blood rituals . Also he selected only four languages templates in the previous menu , you can easily up this to 16 . But then again if you run the latest beta build on a potato PC that's going to slow down end game, thats to be expected with so many interactions , trade routes may not be working properly with so many , and there's some nasty memory leaks. Even on top end pc i'll get a crash to desktop every 3 hours. Not complaining but release may be postponed at this rate.
As for Aidan , keys are only available to backers i am afraid , but there's a way to get the limited early access on steam by mailing the developpers. Nothing guaranteed of course , they prefer to keep an active but closed community for feedback.
Closest experience you get to this are illwinter games dominion 5 and COE5 now.

Aidan

Literate

lVQfDif.jpg

It's from an older build however, its better looking with more options for map procedural generation now , we prefer to not share cause of NDA yes . I'd rather use archipelago than landmass or pangea . As i am playing "deep ones "faction as i call them ,it benefits greatly for coastal towns and blood rituals . Also he selected only four languages templates in the previous menu , you can easily up this to 16 . But then again if you run the latest beta build on a potato PC that's going to slow down end game, thats to be expected with so many interactions , trade routes may not be working properly with so many , and there's some nasty memory leaks. Even on top end pc i'll get a crash to desktop every 3 hours. Not complaining but release may be postponed at this rate.
As for Aidan , keys are only available to backers i am afraid , but there's a way to get the limited early access on steam by mailing the developpers. Nothing guaranteed of course , they prefer to keep an active but closed community for feedback.
I can’t email them there inbox is full but I’ll wait for it to be released

Ninjerk

Arcane

lVQfDif.jpg

Damn, they must really have their hands full.

lVQfDif.jpg

Damn, they must really have their hands full.
Indeed. Full with work and not game development.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I thought the Codex Easter egg was cute though. Kudos to the devs! They sure do know their audience and backers!

We should do more group backing for future gaming projects, feels good to be so involved.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's from an older build
The pre-alpha is the best version of the game. I didn't like all the effects and extra content that was added in later versions there was too much of it and got out of control. No wonder it is taking so long to finish. They also got rid of some of the writing by MRY in later versions.
That's bound to happen when you listen to feedback and go throught several design rework , but that was to be expected, you cant rush quality. The stuff MRY wrote was not suitable for every audience a bit too graphic.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I still can’t believe I had a long phone call with these guys. They really did seem so sincere! Still this thread is worth the disappointment.

This thread is tragic honestly. Trolling people who have backed a failed kickstarter is bogus.

The most stupid thing is that this thread garners more attention than a thread dedicated to similar game that actually has released something.

To all those curious - there is no game. The dev has been utterly silent for over 4 years and the kickstarter page had nothing to show in that time either. The forums are closed. There isn't even a webpage dedicated to the game anymore. Do not fall for the rubbish when some people claim to have something.

Alphons

Cipher
This thread is tragic honestly. Trolling people who have backed a failed kickstarter is bogus.

The most stupid thing is that this thread garners more attention than a thread dedicated to similar game that actually has released something.

To all those curious - there is no game. The dev has been utterly silent for over 4 years and the kickstarter page had nothing to show in that time either. The forums are closed. There isn't even a webpage dedicated to the game anymore. Do not fall for the rubbish when some people claim to have something.

Disliking the game is one thing, not your cup of tea or whatever.

But this is just rabid hate.

Aidan

Literate
ok I want to create a game very simulier to this but don't know how to code. im good with ideas and marketing but not coding. if anyone knows how to code and I will have a discord server hooked up to GitHub to keep us responsible. please msg me.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
ok I want to create a game very simulier to this but don't know how to code. im good with ideas and marketing but not coding. if anyone knows how to code and I will have a discord server hooked up to GitHub to keep us responsible. please msg me.
Either this is the most naive sincere attempt to start developing a game that I've ever seen, or this is some kind of meta-troll. He's trolling us by making posts that get trolled.

Either this is the most naive sincere attempt to start developing a game that I've ever seen, or this is some kind of meta-troll. He's trolling us by making posts that get trolled.
Oh damn. Looks like the classic switcheroo!

Aidan

Literate
I actually want to make a game like that im not trolling

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

When I wondered why people are still falling for this LARP you came and reinforced my belief in stupidity! Thanks man!

THIS is how it happens people, THIS here.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Don't worry, to make a similar game, marketing matters more than coding. I think this one was coded using the Powerpoint engine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom