Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Choose my next video pls

A horse of course

Hello frens. As RPGCODEX's most famous and respected content creator, influencer, and documentarian, I try to mix up the stuff I cover from video to video. There are a few titles I definitely want to cover this year (Deathtrap Dungeon for sure), but I'd like to do an adventure game between that and the video I'm finishing now. So does anyone have any suggestions for an interesting adventure game to do a video retrospective on?

My criteria are:

Must be made between 1990 and 2000
Mustn't be too long (e.g. no 30-40hr titles)
Mustn't be too famous (i.e. no Lucasarts, Phantasmagoria, Myst titles etc.)

I've been considering Temujin, Dragon Lore, The Savage Empire, The Dame was Loaded, or Rama. I was thinking about Daedalus Encounter but it seems like a lot of people have done videos on that one (probably due to the novelty value of Tia Carrere). The game doesn't have to be "good", just interesting to talk about. Be aware I don't have access to a Win95/98 machine or anything, only pcem/virtualbox or any fan patches/installers that have been created for modern windows.

And jannies, don't delete this thread as self-advertizing or something. If I wanted to shill my shitty channel, a subforum of mentally-stunted apes with an average of 2-3 poasts per day would not be my first choice.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Rise of the Dragon.

rise-of-the-dragon_13.gif

A horse of course

Harvester is too famous, Realms of the Haunting I might do some day but it's too close to an action game.

A horse of course

I played a lot of Noctropolis about 5 or 6 years ago, started a review for the screenshot thread, then quit. I'll probably wait a while before trying it again.

A horse of course

Prisoner of Ice will be a 10hr video, with years between each chapter.

Never heard of Chronomaster, looks very interesting!

A horse of course

Yeah I just watched The Collection Chamber's review. Some of the criticisms he mentions about the tonal shift - which he suggests could be due to Zelazny dying - were actually complaints I had about Chronicles of Amber (never read his other stuff). There's quite a good chance I'll cover Chronomaster, looks like a lot to talk about in terms of mechanics/writing etc.

Pajama Sam 1 is actually fantastic game, but it's probably too famous (or is it?).
Is it? I genuinely don’t know. I was definitely too old for the game when it launched, and I didn’t discover it until around 10 years ago when I was looking for kid friendly games to introduce my nephew to the genre. It is quite good though, very charming with some relatively uncommon elements for the genre (the randomization of items and puzzles is a particularly neat way to encourage replayability).

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender

Decades ago, a vicious war between the sexes erupted on the planet. In the end, the females wiped out the male population with bio-weapons. As a result, the females were no longer able to give birth, so they had no way of continuing their species. They invented a machine that would allow them to alter their sex for short periods of time. This machine became known as the Cosmic Gender Bender (or the Gender Bender for short).

This one becomes more and more prophetic with each day passed.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Two more games in that spirit: Innocent Until Caught and its sequel, Guilty.

The "sleazebag sci-fi adventure" genre has a long and storied history.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom