Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Modding Discussion

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Are you sure your change is applied? You can test with some prints and looking at the console. If not you probably misplaced the file.

Otherwise it should work. You're aware that it only applies on levelup, yes?

Vulpes

Scholar
Are you sure your change is applied? You can test with some prints and looking at the console. If not you probably misplaced the file.

Otherwise it should work. You're aware that it only applies on levelup, yes?
After doing some more testing, I've found out that these new values will only apply if I leave the starting amount of known spells the same as in vanilla

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Heads up modders and mod users: the overrides folder is going to change.

As of next version, it will no longer automatically add all the files in there. Instead, it will only load subfolders who have a spec file "mod_specs.json". For now it can be empty, but it must be there.

This will allow several separate mods to be added at the same time without jumbling all the files together - and also clean removal, for that matter.
Loaded mods will show up in the main menu text at the bottom right corner:

upload_2021-9-1_6-24-36.png

Most importantly, it'll also save me the headache of asking users if they installed any third party mods when 1.0.85 is out :buildawall:

In the future, the contents of the json file will also be inspected for constraints, such as compatibility / incompatibility with other mods and load order. Or not, depending on how much these 3rd party mods proliferate...

testlum

Barely Literate
Hi, I'm starting out modding ToEE with Temple+, and I want like to add a basic class that's basically a fused wizard / sorcerer. Hope I can get some help here!

I've done the following, but the new class never appears on the char select screen. There's no CTD and the mod folder appears at the bottom right corner.

1. Made a mod folder in TOEE\overrides and added mod_specs.json
2. Created class112_mod.py in TOEE\overrides\rules\char_class
3. Created mod.py in TOEE\overrides\scr\tpModifiers
4. Added the class name, class short name and description to mod.mes in TOEE\overrides\mod\mes\stat_ext
5. Edited the constants.py file in Local\TemplePlus\app-1.0.91\tpdata\templeplus\lib\templeplus

What am I missing?

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Hi, I'm starting out modding ToEE with Temple+, and I want like to add a basic class that's basically a fused wizard / sorcerer. Hope I can get some help here!

I've done the following, but the new class never appears on the char select screen. There's no CTD and the mod folder appears at the bottom right corner.

1. Made a mod folder in TOEE\overrides and added mod_specs.json
2. Created class112_mod.py in TOEE\overrides\rules\char_class
3. Created mod.py in TOEE\overrides\scr\tpModifiers
4. Added the class name, class short name and description to mod.mes in TOEE\overrides\mod\mes\stat_ext
5. Edited the constants.py file in Local\TemplePlus\app-1.0.91\tpdata\templeplus\lib\templeplus

What am I missing?
Can you post the files?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The Craven feat doesn't seem to work.
Playing with the most current Temple+ release.
Sitra Achara I remember this feat used to work in prior releases. It adds character level to sneak attack damage for a Rogue.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The Craven feat doesn't seem to work.
Playing with the most current Temple+ release.
Sitra Achara I remember this feat used to work in prior releases. It adds character level to sneak attack damage for a Rogue.
I just gave it a quick test and it worked correctly. What build were you using?
Never mind, it works just fine.
I think I wasn't certain whether it worked or not, but it does and it is displayed in the combat log (for example 5d6+10 Sneak Attack damage, where the 10 is the bonus damage from Craven).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom