Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi
Release Date: October 28 2021
JRPG, Blobber, Dungeon Crawler, Alternate 1970s

Dreamscaper
RELEASED!
Hack n' Slash, Roguelite, Single Character, Random Generation

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Skullstone
Release Date: 2022
Blobber, Real-time Combat, Grid-based Movement, Puzzles

Redaxium
Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA)
First Person, Open World

The Doors of Trithius
Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA)
Roguelike, Pixel Graphics, Open World, Random Map Generation, Classless

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Despot's Game
Release Date: October 14 2021
Pixel Graphics, Tactical, Roguelike, Random Dungeon Generation

Bravely Default II
Release Date: September 2 2021
JRPG, Turn-based Combat, Class-based, Card Mini Game

Death Cathedral
Release Date: TBA
Side Scrolling, Action, Resource Management, Medieval

Stray Blade
Release Date: 2022
Action, Third Person, Single Character

Marvel's Midnight Suns
Release Date: March 2022
Turn-based, Tactical, Super Heroes, Base Management

Ultimate ADOM - Caverns of Chaos
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Single Character, Roguelike, Random Dungeon Generation

King's Bounty 2
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Tactical, Squad-based, Army Building

Der Geisterjäger / The Ghost Hunter
RELEASED!
Mechs, First Person, Sci-Fi, Dungeon Crawler, Turn-based Combat

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The Curse of Feldar Vale
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Party-based, Roguelite, Class-based

This one looks very promising, like a well done Low Magic Age but it might be wishful thinking.

There's a demo.

Can your party lift the curse that has befallen the once peaceful Vale? An adventure for 4-6 characters of Level 1-3, loosely based on Dungeons and Dragons Open Game License (OGL 1e/2e).

I might not be able to resist for long, the demo is calling me.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I tried the Demo of Feldar Vale a while back and had two things that irked me immediately:
A) not enough feedback what is happening, both from a visual and an information/combat log perspective
B) very slow out-of-combat pace. It's like Jagged Alliance 1 or Heroes of Steel where it stays turn-based and you slowly slog your chars across a huge tactical map in a clunky and time consuming manner. Sorry but it's [Current Year], I expect at least a modicum of convenience/quality-of-life features even from a budget title. My time is too valuable. At the very least look at how modern turn-based titles handle this if you can't or don't wish to implement real-time exploration between turn-based combat.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I tried the Demo of Feldar Vale a while back and had two things that irked me immediately:
A) not enough feedback what is happening, both from a visual and an information/combat log perspective
B) very slow out-of-combat pace. It's like Jagged Alliance 1 or Heroes of Steel where it stays turn-based and you slowly slog your chars across a huge tactical map in a clunky and time consuming manner. Sorry but it's [Current Year], I expect at least a modicum of convenience/quality-of-life features even from a budget title. My time is too valuable. At the very least look at how modern turn-based titles handle this if you can't or don't wish to implement real-time exploration between turn-based combat.

Thanks for the feedback, you just saved me some time i'll spend killing hordes of orcs in Sanctus Reach.

I wish they'd fix this, real-time exploration is not an option, it's absolutely necessary.
Did you give them some feedback about it in the Steam forum?

Acrux

Arcane
One of those is destined to be a classic.

Yes, that's right, anything by Nerdook is worth buying.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.sysiac.com/thecaptain/

You are Captain Thomas Welmu, a Spacefleet science officer, lost on the other side of the galaxy. Dark forces are en route to Earth to destroy our planet - and you are carrying the only thing that can stop them.
Race back home across the galaxy. Collect new friends on your journey. Make new enemies. You won't be able to save everyone. Who will you leave behind? Which civilizations will you save - or destroy - along the way? The decisions are all up to you.

You are... The Captain!

To be honest this looks absolute hipster trash.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom