Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
I mean isnt the Orc baby only moral dilema because it does offer opportunity(throught not guranteed) to basically have nurture overcome nature ?
the orc dilemma is trying to drag modern morality on a world which is based on medieval one + magic. medieval citizen would probably throw orc into fire no thinking because this is spawn of devil; same as they would leave sick/lame/unwanted children in the forest for fey to raise them instead, while their ok healthy children would still die to diseases cause medicine sucked; and women would also die lot more. and generally, people would die more and earlier. magic is what throws a sort of a wrench into all of this tho.

the variations on resolution of that narrative would depend heavily on the setting (maybe in your setting growing monsters into slaves is normal) and characters playing, their cultures and backgrounds (neutral druid would give baby 1 knife 1 set of matches and tell them to survive themselves etc.). so even 3 different Paladins would resolve this differently.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I mean isnt the Orc baby only moral dilema because it does offer opportunity(throught not guranteed) to basically have nurture overcome nature ? as in only baby can be non evil and even then its not guranteed and you need to really work for it ?
It's predicated on the idea that a baby is innocent until it later chooses good or evil. However, orcs are of evil alignment. They're evil from birth. The only reason an orc baby doesn't rape and/or kill you on sight is because it's a just baby.

Sunri

Liturgist
EVad7Ay.png

P2W game

Gradenmayer

Learned
Swarm scales infinitely based on corpses eaten? Isn't that obviously broken? Unless body counts required per stack are in hundreds.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Anyone here that played both PKM at release and latest version of PWotR beta? Can you compare the state of the game between those two versions and do you feel that PWotR will be less buggy at release than PKM was?

Shadenuat

Arcane
PKM on release was Troika-level, maybe even worse, since in their games endgame at least wasn't as bugged. Wrath would be a more traditional day 1 rpg release, most likely amount of bugs I predict would be in mythics and in all the tacticooly left out classes abilities and kits and spells, which they added because they look cool, but now someone has to code all that shit and we are idea guys, capable of writing polyamour romances, making borsch and that's it.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Anyone here that played both PKM at release and latest version of PWotR beta? Can you compare the state of the game between those two versions and do you feel that PWotR will be less buggy at release than PKM was?
Kingmaker was like a Troika game bugged, WotR is like Bethesda game bugged. Make of that what you will.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
PKM on release was Troika-level, maybe even worse, since in their games endgame at least wasn't as bugged. Wrath would be a more traditional day 1 rpg release, most likely amount of bugs I predict would be in mythics and in all the tacticooly left out classes abilities and kits and spells, which they added because they look cool, but now someone has to code all that shit and we are idea guys, capable of writing polyamour romances, making borsch and that's it.

Has there ever been anything worse than PKM on release?

I've never played ANYTHING that shitty, genuine gamestopper bugs, actually remarkably poor on release.

Parabalus

Arcane
Kingmaker was like a Troika game bugged, WotR is like Bethesda game bugged. Make of that what you will.

The first Beta was much less bugged than Kangmaker, extremely playable.

Most bugs are prob in new class abilities.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Don't rate me 'What?' ever again, Sarkile Here's an instance of Desi stating, as authoritatively as possible, that Kingmaker's poz is a caricature of SJWsm; and how it somehow subverts the trope - because the developers are russians. When in reality it's the opposite. As it has recently come to light that they were going to add some tranny into Kingmaker; however due to time constraints, they cut it out. Whom, I might add, was going to have some intimate relationship with Linzi.

You may not be interested in the Poz, but the Poz is very interested in you. This game subverts it. You can take refuge in classical archetypes or you can take the fight to the enemy. Given the enemy the latter seems the manlier option.

Of course they're not sexy. That's the whole point of the Poz. Birth rates aren't going to reduce themselves.

You added a bunch of shit to what I said. Realty itself subverts SJWism which is why it sucks. A writer who seeks to accurately reflect reality - Val getting her comeuppance, Amiri's stonk wamen getting owned, whatever - is going to subvert SJWism just by doing her job well. Pretty much each of the companion quest arcs in P:K subvert SJW tropes one way or another. Less so here and Ekun -> Seelah is a step down and the buckbroken Cleric even further. Lann reconciling with his family is miles ahead of Eder's abortion of a quest in Deadfire so a mixed bag.

The Poz is weak-willed acceptance/half-hearted celebration of base nature (and perversions thereof) and the ignorance of any alternative or why anyone would want one as well as an effort to (sometimes passive-aggressively) drag everyone else down to that level. Lurv is lurv. As LannTheStupid has said some of that here is just Russian fatalism, some a hangover of trendy Western libertarianism/libertinism. Yeah, it's there, it sux, I avoid it, the game makes the perversions relatively easy to avoid.

That said, most of you phaggots have personal issues you've evidently decided to work out at my expense by making shit up about me or what I meant or have written or whatever. Life's too short for your nihilist horseshit. You're on ignore.

For the new thread I'm just sticking to game mechanics stuff and all y'all can fuck right off.
You’re such a crybaby and a simp that you’ll go above and beyond to defend “le based owlcat”:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am excited to play this mostly cause I am doing it alongside with my dad and friends, but I also acknowledge I have shit taste in games but seeing this hailed as the the second coming especially on the codex of all places is hilarious:lol::lol::lol:
Ahhh i expect it to have sjw garbage for sure,but i also expect to be able to go full jihadi joe and fuck up shit i dislike.

kain30

Cipher
I know the game is not out yet but, what would like guys like the next pathfinder be based on? I would love to play the iron gods adventure path

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom