Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

looking for some detective games

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
are there some good detective games
where you can play as a detective

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
27067-gabriel-knight-sins-of-the-fathers-dos-front-cover.jpg
27382-blade-runner-windows-front-cover.jpg

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (1993) and Blade Runner (1997)

Ravielsk

Magister
latest
81cqzsEQ56L._SL1500_.jpg

Ace Attorney Investigations 1 and 2. They play like classic point-n-clickers but with a trail at the end of each investigation. Also they are home to the best soundtrack in the whole series:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
27067-gabriel-knight-sins-of-the-fathers-dos-front-cover.jpg
27382-blade-runner-windows-front-cover.jpg

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (1993) and Blade Runner (1997)

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers has the immortal line: "I wish I was grafted... toooo yooour thiiiiighs!" and that's just a normal comment from the game's hero and not from some kind of body horror sequence :hahano:

SumDrunkGuy

Murdered: Soul Suspect is a detective game I think. I only played it for like 10 minutes so I have no idea if it's good or shite.

Zlaja

Arcane
65720-deja-vu-a-nightmare-comes-true-nes-front-cover.jpg

Remember playing this as a kid and really liking it. Unfortunatelly, I was too young and stupid to be able to finish it. :negative:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I'm intrigued by Circuit's Edge because its cyberpunk sensibility seems closer to Interplay's Neuromancer (one of my all-time favorites on the C64, and the best version, imo) than any other game, but when I fired it up in DOSBox I didn't like that all the NPCs you talk to are stationery, as they are in dozens of other classic cRPGS. Why this bothered me so much when even Neruomancer had this mechanic is a mystery. I need to just get over things like this and just play the fucking game. George Alec Effinger was an okay SF writer, but I only really liked his first novel What Entropy Means To Me. Tried reading The Wolves of Memory but Gene Wolfe had a much better handle on that kind of story than Effinger did. The Wolves of Memory is about an amnesiac who instead of waking up and not knowing who or where he is, he wakes up walking around in a daze with a dead woman he's carrying in his arms and does this for days.

It's an interesting take on a cliche but ignores one important piece of reality needed to suspend disbelief - she doesn't rot. I don't think Effinger offered an explanation for this, so I just said "Fuck It. You just shot my suspension of disbelief down, Georgie Boy. I read you no more."

deama

Prophet
I thought sherlock crime and punishment was pretty decent as a detective game.

Contradiction - Spot The Liar was short but pretty good I thought, well acted and the FMV footages were done well too. It's a modern FMV detective type of game, bigger focus on dialogue and people interactions than object sniffing.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom