Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[NSFW] OpenXcom Piratez. Grrrl power, ahoy!

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
Chapter 1 - First blood

Small jetcraft whooshes through the night.
yocl8J8.jpg

Ambient (Carbon Based Lifeforms : Dreamshore Forest)

q42dJGT.png
Where are we going?
zX2ZrDu.png
To the north.

q42dJGT.png
Where's that?

zX2ZrDu.png
Quit being stupid, Four.

q42dJGT.png
I'm bored.

zX2ZrDu.png
Have some 'shine and don't whine.

q42dJGT.png
But muuum.

One of the women moved from the cockpit to the seats in the back of the craft.

8zVCHsg.jpg
Cap'n sez we'll be there soon.

cl0lPyD.png
Where there?

q42dJGT.png
Yes, where?

8zVCHsg.jpg
Iron tribe.

q42dJGT.png
Stupid name.

zX2ZrDu.png
You're stupid.

q42dJGT.png
I'm not the one called namba sex.

zX2ZrDu.png
It's Six, Four.

q42dJGT.png
I'm bored being Four. Can't I be, like, ninety-nine?

8zVCHsg.jpg
There's too much of you already.

q42dJGT.png
And not enough of you it seems. That pudding you hawked...

HX8Wcpn.png
Quiet, y'all.

q42dJGT.png
Yes, Miss Two, miss.

HX8Wcpn.png
We be getting down.

Pilot had shifted the earphones on the neck and half-turned her head to the crew.

8KiK8un.png
Okay, girls. In five minute time we're landing near the group of those whores from the lab.

zX2ZrDu.png
Punching time!

8KiK8un.png
Exactly. Fancyass said they've spotted a craft that looked for us. So we came to look for them.

cl0lPyD.png
Isn't it dangerous?

HX8Wcpn.png
Dem be wimps. Dontcha remember?

cl0lPyD.png
If they're looking for us, shouldn't we hide?

8KiK8un.png
No. Fancyass said, they totally lost our track and went to the tribelands for some reason. If we get them here, their higher ups gonna reckon we be here somewhere. So we'll be hiding even better.

zX2ZrDu.png
Nice.

8KiK8un.png
Yes. So we land, bash their heads in and fly away.

HX8Wcpn.png
Yarr!
The craft dived in.
Ambient (Germanic War Drums)

8KiK8un.png
Imma landin'! Get straight forward and bash 'em fast!

HX8Wcpn.png
8zVCHsg.jpg
q42dJGT.png
cl0lPyD.png
zX2ZrDu.png
Aye aye, cap'n!

The landing was quick.

hql11nK.png

The team quickly dispersed through thin undergrowth. First enemy fell before she had even realised anything. The second managed to notice a shade and get it in the head.

V16AwEW.png

Another two followed.

3LMfusv.png

Girls got fully accustomed to the darkness. When two more enemies came to check the commotion, they were quickly noticed.

zQX9L93.png

esMLhsc.png

One fell quickly

vobdBfG.png

But the last one had managed to bruise captain's brow.

jflx156.png

The bigger club didn't save her, though.

QbKKJPb.png

HX8Wcpn.png
That's all of them!

q42dJGT.png
Six-zero!

CX2TNfa.png
We did great, gals!

HX8Wcpn.png
8zVCHsg.jpg
q42dJGT.png
cl0lPyD.png
zX2ZrDu.png
YAAAY!

CX2TNfa.png
Was that fun?

HX8Wcpn.png
8zVCHsg.jpg
q42dJGT.png
cl0lPyD.png
zX2ZrDu.png
Yes!

CX2TNfa.png
Should we do it again?

HX8Wcpn.png
8zVCHsg.jpg
q42dJGT.png
zX2ZrDu.png
Yes! Yes! Yes!

cl0lPyD.png
Yes?

CX2TNfa.png
You reckon what we just did?

CX2TNfa.png
We raided da airship. We mugged them in style! And we'd loot all dem stuff up dem undies!

HX8Wcpn.png
q42dJGT.png
cl0lPyD.png
zX2ZrDu.png
Yes!

8zVCHsg.jpg
Undies!

CX2TNfa.png
And what does it makes us?

Ambient (Timecop1983 - Crossing Souls Opening)

HX8Wcpn.png
8zVCHsg.jpg
cl0lPyD.png
zX2ZrDu.png

q42dJGT.png
What?

CX2TNfa.png
It

CX2TNfa.png
makes us

CX2TNfa.png
PIRATEZ!

CX2TNfa.png
HX8Wcpn.png
8zVCHsg.jpg
q42dJGT.png
cl0lPyD.png
zX2ZrDu.png
YARRR
jUS0ske.png

What's going on in this thread?
Piratez is a total conversion for open X-COM about half-naked postapoc powergirls. You really should hush your kids away.
The mod seems to be generally harder than vanilla X-COM.

Economy
Sponsor income is trivial, though you get significant one-off cash transfers if your monthly rating was good. Research, interrogations and missions increase rating as usual.
Runts (engineers) kinda pay for themselves, but return on investment is small (you pay about 800k for a staffed vacility and get 100-175k income monthly, ROI 12%-24%). You can't ignore the income from other sources.
You get a lot of cash from pawning loot and, especially, prisoners. So blackjacks of all varieties are probably going to be the main class of weapon for some time.

Recruits
You can't recruit new soldiers in the beginning. At all. Rookie-grade schmucks can be recruited after getting an early tech, but they're pretty useless. First 6 girls should be precious for quite some time.
You can get proper rookies from mission loot (or events). And, after about a month of research, new ones can be hired for ~50k and a week of waiting. They're expensive enough to remain valuable for a long time. OTOH prisoners get pawned at 10-50k, so rookie might pay for itself after a couple of missions.

Research
Is slow. Brainers (scientists) cost 200k (and 100k monthly wage!). There's single lab with 12 chairs in the beginning, but staffing it with those wages might be problematic. You can't build new labs, likely for some time. The mod has hundreds of techs, the majority of which seem to be based on loot or captives. The mod doesn't seem to have a strict time limit, so slow research is probably ok.

Combat
Tactics lean to melee (at least in the early game) because you need to capture prisoners and basic firearms are very weak. Recruit survivability is low - recruits have some innate protection from small arms, but grenades and RNG usually nullify it, so each shot leads to death or a month-long recuperation. You don't want to get hit.
It would naturally incentivise camping, but two mechanics were introduced to discourage it: morale decay and bonuses for quick mission completion. More about them at some later time. Suffice it to say that you want your soldiers to move constantly (preferably from cover to cover), so stamina is not a dump stat any more.
I'm playing mostly blind. Do not spoil, please.
I ran a test game for about two geoscape months to get a general taste of things, but that's it.
I'm going to beeline for a basic economic and recruitment techs and try to double the number of scientists (3->6), if I'll be able to afford it. Other than that I intend to RP, not powergame.

Legend: Callsign - Player ("sponsor") - Additional notes.
You can sign for a girl without a sponsor (n/a in a player slot). Or sign for someone in the future.

Cointoss - Demo.Graph - AKA: One. GM char.

Best shooter and pilot in the crew in the beginning.

ZL22FuY.png
Chef - Baud - AKA: Two, Baudicca.
Best blade fighter (and chef) in the crew.

3o95PJi.png
Lucia - Luka-boy - AKA: Three.
Cold bitch and the second pilot.
Wears fur bikini, because it improves her stamina (and warms the heart).

oKXQlC5.png
Four - Demo.Graph - AKA: Ninety Nine. GM char. (since nobody wanted to take her)
The youngest in the crew. The petulant one. Tends to start trouble and run away.
Wears fur bikini, cuz it's liberating (and improves her stamina).

x31GgUB.png
Karen - Azira - AKA: Five.
Cowardly powerlifter and a nerd wannabe. Glasses make her smarter.

b8bsKtU.png
Jill - Radech - AKA: Six.
The oldest in the crew. Always has cigs on her somewhere, often smokes but never inhales. Can't run as well as other gals.

wssGP0n.png

Free GALS
- Uber gal captured in Indian brothel, marinates in prison as of ch. 12. Nameless and statless. She needs research to get hired. Should somebody want to join this LP, I'll move her research down the line.
- Uber gal farmer, saved from necropirate raid. Rests in prison as of ch. 13. Nameless and statless. She needs research to get hired. Should somebody want to join this LP, I'll move her research down the line.

TECHNICAL NOTE
Up to chapter 14, I've used to store pics for this LP at Imgur. They seem to hold so far despite the purge. If you see some strange gaps, ping me, I'll reupload them.
If some link to ambient track on youtube has died you should be able to google it by trackname (also, ping me to replace it).

Last edited:

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
Chapter 2 - Gobjob

Several days later.

LIszuE3.jpg

Ambient (Carbon Based Lifeforms - Contaminated Area)
Lab machinery hums peacefully, while mechboss gal conducts a routine power check.

NwxeMNa.png
So, how went your trip?

jNSpvRN.png
Smoothly. Cap'n pretended she's on a diplomatic mission, while we've been doing...

NwxeMNa.png
Fuck all?

s7nZOuf.png
Research projects.

NwxeMNa.png
So? What was the name of your projects?

s7nZOuf.png
Alea iacta est.

jNSpvRN.png
Carpe vinum.

h5n5vwq.png
Habeas corpus.

NwxeMNa.png
What?

jNSpvRN.png
Research stuff.

h5n5vwq.png
Oh, yes.

NwxeMNa.png
Did you really drank and fucked all days?

jNSpvRN.png
Not exactly, no.

h5n5vwq.png
You don't fuck those goblin guys. They more, like, tremble in the ears.

NwxeMNa.png
Disgusting!

jNSpvRN.png
You're disgusting. Disgustingly crofter.

h5n5vwq.png
And in a disgusting need for a check up!

NwxeMNa.png
That's it! [stomps out]

jNSpvRN.png
Vivamus, moriendum est...

s7nZOuf.png
...Bitch!

NwxeMNa.png
[from the corridor] ugh!

The captain enters from another door. A parrot sits on her shoulder.

X1dn9nb.png
Kwak!

8KiK8un.png
Was there a commotion or sumthin'?

jNSpvRN.png
No, cap'n!

8KiK8un.png
Good. So. Report.

jNSpvRN.png
It's a shantytown through and through. Half the population are garbage divers, half are junkies.
Rb3aCMk.png
jNSpvRN.png
We've easily got in contact with low grade darknet dealers.
QlxHGuD.png
jNSpvRN.png
Actually, they've practically jumped on us.

h5n5vwq.png
Practically.

jNSpvRN.png
They sell all kinds of garbage there: decommissioned weapons, farming tools, the stuff that's too rough for a civilized society. There're also pubs and ditches for all the misfits we might use for the manual labor.

8KiK8un.png
What about the mechanics?

s7nZOuf.png
It's a bit more complicated, since we can't uncover our whereabouts. We'd need to get them in blindfolded and keep in the inner areas of the facility. But I've swapped drinks with some lowgrade haxxors, that would greet a possibility to lie down for a year or so. There's even a so-called "underground road" for those that run from authorities.

8KiK8un.png
Is there a chance, they'd work for food and shelter?

s7nZOuf.png
They're on the run, not idiots. Well, maybe some of them are, but we definitely don't need those.
n53Rv0M.png
8KiK8un.png
Reasonable. Anything else?

h5n5vwq.png
I've heard that there're some people who sell domestic animals, should we need some, including brahmins and combat dogs.

8KiK8un.png
Why?

h5n5vwq.png
They're adorable.

jNSpvRN.png
I prefer humans.

h5n5vwq.png
So anthropocentric!
Hc3WDnq.png
8KiK8un.png
Enough. What about the Academy?

s7nZOuf.png
We lifted and landed only under the weather or Bankers' Curtain. My gal says they've completely lost us and are pretty furious about it. Last time they thought we might've retreated from further north from Iron tribe.

8KiK8un.png
That I did.
3kqxnHI.png
s7nZOuf.png
And it worked. They lost our bus in civilian traffic.
AbAWdSq.png
8KiK8un.png
So we're free to act for now.

s7nZOuf.png
Seems so.

8KiK8un.png
Good. Anything else?

jNSpvRN.png
You tell us. How were the goblins?

8KiK8un.png
Shifty fellas. Lotsa money. Big noses and unhygienic.
tDqbNI7.png
8KiK8un.png
They might give us a tip or two. Maybe loan some money on bail. But that's it. We look like like low-grade bandits so far and it suits me.

jNSpvRN.png
Why?

8KiK8un.png
We need to beef up a lot before I'd be comfortable with attracting more attention.

jNSpvRN.png
So, what are we going to do now?

8KiK8un.png
Did you forget? We're going to be piratez!

s7nZOuf.png
And what exactly does it mean?

8KiK8un.png
Well, I reckon' we need to enforce a sense of unity. So...

h5n5vwq.png
So cap'n asked me to design some uniforms for the gals.
8RNEvPw.png
s7nZOuf.png
What?

h5n5vwq.png
Yes. Nice and breezy.
Pw4fqQ5.png
8KiK8un.png
I think it's great.

s7nZOuf.png
Oh, gal.

8KiK8un.png
Runts'll sew some soon. Next time yall visit the town, you should cover yourself as well.

h5n5vwq.png
You think so?

8KiK8un.png
I order you so. You'd need somewhere to place a credit chip and a notebook or something.
HXNKlka.png
8KiK8un.png
And you'd get less focused attention than this time.

jNSpvRN.png
Gotta admit, it was a pretty cute experience.

h5n5vwq.png
And stimulating!

8KiK8un.png
And it can continue in the facilities, not in the open.

s7nZOuf.png
It's a tyranny.

8KiK8un.png
That's what cap'n word is.

s7nZOuf.png
Why should we even listen to you?

8KiK8un.png
Because other gals say I'm the boss.
oxU4Dfk.png

buZU3qm.png

yOkcgj5.png

Hpygc4a.png
8KiK8un.png
Because I pay your bills. And because me and da crew can throw you out of the lab any moment.

s7nZOuf.png
But it's our lab!

8KiK8un.png
My team, my dream...
vyUmrKu.png
8KiK8un.png
fancypants...
R3YdcF5.png
8KiK8un.png
and my parrot...
f8NlEi9.png
8KiK8un.png
...say otherwise. And the parrot can shit in your ear while you sleep.

X1dn9nb.png
KWAAK!

jNSpvRN.png
I concur. We be all equals here, so cap'n has the last word.

s7nZOuf.png
Well, sheesh. Ave cap'n!

h5n5vwq.png
And fuck the goblins!

jNSpvRN.png
s7nZOuf.png
8KiK8un.png

h5n5vwq.png
In a good way!
Pesky devs had released an update at the same day that I've made the first chapter. The update shuffles early techs around. So I'm replaying the first days up to the point I've finished gathering notes for the LP. I'll also try to edit the save so that I don't need to change the characters on the go.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Pesky devs had released an update at the same day that I've made the first chapter. The update shuffles early techs around. So I'm replaying the first days up to the point I've finished gathering notes for the LP. I'll also try to edit the save so that I don't need to change the characters on the go.
This is the true Xpiratez experience. I remember playing this years ago and the dev just keeps adding new content and changing things around what seems like every week. Used to be the release versions were slowly inching towards 1.0, and then they switched to using letters, going to like version 0.99Fv3, and I think now they switched so a completely different versioning scheme.

Big shame too, because it's in theory a VERY cool mod, but since every patch just adds more mission types, enemies, research and gear it will never be finished, or balanced or polished.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
As far as I know the new update breaks existing campaigns, but since you've just started you might be okay.
Also the first release of the update had some map and research breaking bugs, there should be a new version on moddb and the discord.

Also, who needs balance? I'd rather have a whopping amount of unbalanced, unfinished content than the constant gameplay changes and content removal of DCSS for instance. At least it's fun and fairly polished afaic.

lightbane

Arcane
It's a similar case with Xcom Files, but for Piratez, I'm still waiting until we get alternate endings which were promised, supposedly there's one new bad ending.

Also, from the last updates, you can research "men are superior" and have male soldiers be treated better than slaves and unlock tons of new stuff compared to older editions.

Still, whenever I look at the literally ridiculous tons of content, I feel like this game would be impossible to complete fully anyway.

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
Chapter 3. Tits for brain

TD5lg5P.jpg

Ambient (Kevin MacLeod - Slow Burn)

Captain and three brainers meet in an empty hangar, since other premises are dirty, loud or have half-naked gals cussing around.
8KiK8un.png
Report.

s7nZOuf.jpg
Crew will return with new mechanics in a couple of hours. I've accepted ten, just like you ordered, but there were more candidates.

8KiK8un.png
Did you check their credentials?

s7nZOuf.jpg
I've ordered them to brew me booze in cisterns of an abandoned toilet. The ones that couldn't do it aren't engineers.

8KiK8un.png
Fair enough. What else?

h5n5vwq.png
I bought some proper clothing for everyone. It's coming on the bus as well.

8KiK8un.png
Why?

h5n5vwq.png
Gals need to change from lab rags. Now their clothing should be good enough, until we finish designing the uniform.

8KiK8un.png
Good. I hope it wasn't expensive.

h5n5vwq.png
Not that much. You said you wanted us to be able to meld into a crowd, so there's something for that. And something to look prestigious during town trips, should it be needed.

8KiK8un.png
How much?

h5n5vwq.png
And some of those clothes might come useful during fights. There're some thick jackets to dampen the strikes.
ZnSVodr.png
8KiK8un.png
How much?

h5n5vwq.png
Erm.
97TMCH4.png
8KiK8un.png
You blew all our money on rags?

h5n5vwq.png
It's a natural leather!

8KiK8un.png

h5n5vwq.png
And I didn't blew them! There're several wardrobes of stuff! Gals would be able to dress for any occasion.

8KiK8un.png
You blew all our money on rags!

h5n5vwq.png
But...

8KiK8un.png
Are you insane?

X1dn9nb.png
RAWK-RAWK.

h5n5vwq.png
But I thought...

8KiK8un.png
How are we going to pay for food? How are we going to pay for the lab? Or your fucking toys? You tits-for-brain, have you thought about any of it?!

h5n5vwq.png
But it's not...

8KiK8un.png
From now on all the valuables are stored in my room.

s7nZOuf.jpg
Now that's tyranny.

8KiK8un.png
One more word and I'd do the same with booze.

s7nZOuf.jpg
B...

Slap!

puaC03B.png
Ach!
jNSpvRN.png
Shut up.

Captain circles the hangar several times, fuming. She stops, turns to brainers and points her finger.

8KiK8un.png
You!

h5n5vwq.png
Eeep!..

8KiK8un.png
Go tell the gals they have some new clothes. Make sure you three get your share as well.

h5n5vwq.png
Yes!

8KiK8un.png
You, go meet the runts and show them the bunks.

puaC03B.png
Yarr!

8KiK8un.png
And you!

jNSpvRN.png
Yes?

8KiK8un.png
I need your help.

Cointoss kicks an empty barrel, sending it rattling to a corner.

8KiK8un.png
What the hell was that? You three are supposed to be smart! And she is thinking with her tits!

jNSpvRN.png
You know, the brain is made out of fat.

8KiK8un.png
Hers for sure!.. What, really?

jNSpvRN.png
Yep. Quia absurdum est. What're you going to do?

8KiK8un.png
No idea. Hope that some poor sod crashes nearby so that we could rob him.

jNSpvRN.png
Great plan!

8KiK8un.png
I bloody know it!

jNSpvRN.png
We can always mug locals.

8KiK8un.png
Really? Like, really?

jNSpvRN.png
On second thought, no. But we can hunt for valuables. I'll check whether we have some species on the brink of extinction nearby.

8KiK8un.png
Do so. I spoke with Minnie yesterday and she thinks they're ready to filter hellerium for sale.
SjFcpbb.png

jpLNXUw.png

BJ0o2kw.png
8KiK8un.png
Gobs say it fetches a good price. Now that we've turned on all the bulbs, we'd need several hundred grands for fuel and spares.

jNSpvRN.png
And our purchases.

8KiK8un.png
Yes, and them. Your toys are half are budget even without your sisters being halfwit about it.
uIwq6KW.png
jNSpvRN.png
Should I check the prisoners? We can't feed them indefinitely. And maybe we'll be able to sell them to slavery or something.

8KiK8un.png
Now I do see that you specialize in humanities.

jNSpvRN.png
Natura humana non constristatur.

8KiK8un.png
Whatever. Leave it to others. I want you to find us a new way to make money. Maybe there's something we can do for Jackstown. Repairs, provide spare parts, anything. If we don't get some money at the end of the month, I'll have to pimp everyone. Including myself. And you. And the parrot.

X1dn9nb.png
ACK!

The parrot hops off her shoulder and flies to the vents under the ceiling.

8KiK8un.png
Chicken. Try to find us something good, will you?

jNSpvRN.png
I'll try.

8KiK8un.png
Go. And when Boann brings you the clothes, send her to meet me in the cells. It's time to put her kinks to a good use.
A small update since I'm overworked irl rn.
I've replicated the game on the new version, so all's good in this regard.

Last edited:

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
Chapter 4. Prisoner dilemma

T5rAdAD.jpg

Ambient (AKIRA soundtrack - Tetsuo)

h5n5vwq.png
Did you call for me?

8KiK8un.png
Yes. I want to discuss something with you.

h5n5vwq.png
So here I am.

8KiK8un.png
And they are here as well. The prisoners.

h5n5vwq.png
The nurses.

8KiK8un.png
Yes. Were you feeding them well?

h5n5vwq.png
That depends. Define well.

8KiK8un.png
Edible stuff?

h5n5vwq.png
Some of the local rats are yummy.

8KiK8un.png
Really?

h5n5vwq.png
I checked.

8KiK8un.png

h5n5vwq.png
You should try some time.

8KiK8un.png

8KiK8un.png
I'll think about it. So, the nurses are a problem. We can't keep them here indefinitely. And we can't let them go just like that. It would be bad for our image.

h5n5vwq.png
Do we have one?

8KiK8un.png
We do. It's a modest one right now...

h5n5vwq.png
Like a postage stamp?

8KiK8un.png
What's that?

h5n5vwq.png
Something very modest.

8KiK8un.png
Yes, like that. It's modest but we should cultivate and hone it and...

h5n5vwq.png
Like a plant for some adult fun.

8KiK8un.png
And turn it into an asset. Nobody knows us now. We are a new group. We can become anything we want.

h5n5vwq.png
I thought we were going to be pirates.

8KiK8un.png
Will you stop interrupting me?

h5n5vwq.png
Sorry, ma'am.

8KiK8un.png
And the first thing I want us to get is the idea that nobody messes with us without consequences. That's where you come in.

h5n5vwq.png
You lost me.

8KiK8un.png
What do you mean?

h5n5vwq.png
I'm a biologist. If you want PR, talk to Brigid. She's the socialite.

8KiK8un.png
Exactly. You're biologist. You know how biological things operate. And that's when we come to the second problem. Money.

h5n5vwq.png
That again?

8KiK8un.png
Biological things operate on money. And you're going to get me some money out of these prisoners.

h5n5vwq.png
What?!

8KiK8un.png
What exactly did you not undestand?

h5n5vwq.png
You want me to torture those people for a ransom?

8KiK8un.png
Torture, persuade, cut them into pieces and sell them. I don't care. I want them to get out of here without revealing our base. And I want to get some money for that.

h5n5vwq.png
Are you serious?

8KiK8un.png
Or information. Especially valuable information that we can cash in.

h5n5vwq.png
You're serious.

8KiK8un.png
I am serious. Deadly.

h5n5vwq.png
But I'm a biologist! I won't be able to force them to do anything! I have never even hit anyone!

8KiK8un.png
You hit our credit stocks quite well. Without consulting me. Consider this your punishment.

h5n5vwq.png
Maybe I can do something to make you change your mind?

8KiK8un.png
You can bring me money.

h5n5vwq.png
Drat.

8KiK8un.png
From this day on you're the Chief Chaingal. You can have twice as many chains on your clothing as anyone.

h5n5vwq.png
But I really won't be able to...

8KiK8un.png
Stop! Boannie, we are in a really tough situation. You three, you came here voluntarily. We've escaped. Nobody had prepared us to any of this. We're criminals. We know shit about the world. And we got ourselves in some ancient history crap right away. And vultures are closing. And if we won't get our shit together, we're screwed. I know that. Gals know that. Have you seen any of them sober lately? They're stressed. Don't you understand? It's all fun and games to you. Nobody even knows you're here. If we lose, you'll disappear in the wilds and begin anew. And I'll help you to do it. But we, we won't be able to. And I won't allow anyone, not you, not anyone, to mess up. If you will, I will bury you in that compost heap of yours and see whether mold can still have sex fantasies. Am I clear?

h5n5vwq.png
Y-yes.

8KiK8un.png
Then go and do something useful. Consider it an opportunity for personal growth.

h5n5vwq.png
I'll try.

8KiK8un.png
Boann...

h5n5vwq.png
Yes?

8KiK8un.png
Try not to maim them, will you? Those poor gals did nothing to deserve it.

h5n5vwq.png
Did you just showed some heart?

8KiK8un.png
Killing left and right is bad for business. We're pirates, not thugs.

She turns on the heel and leaves.

h5n5vwq.png
Vita durum - mores lupum.

h5n5vwq.png
And what should I do with all of you?

Same place next evening.

hgyHbhY.png

zX2ZrDu.png
How did you do it?

h5n5vwq.png
What?

zX2ZrDu.png
The captain is absolutely beaming.

h5n5vwq.png
Biologist super powers.

zX2ZrDu.png
No, really. Did you touch her in that special place?

h5n5vwq.png
I got some golden chips for ransoming the prisoners.

zX2ZrDu.png
Really? How?

h5n5vwq.png
Biologist super powers.

zX2ZrDu.png
Did you beat them up so they begged to pay you?

h5n5vwq.png
Maybe.

zX2ZrDu.png
If you overstress your hands, your skin might get sore, you know. Let me see.

h5n5vwq.png
No.

zX2ZrDu.png
Did you put some part of yours so deep inside of them, it went out of the mouth?

h5n5vwq.png
That's too much.

zX2ZrDu.png
Can I call you a ravager?

h5n5vwq.png
You can call me Chief. Chief Chaingal.

zX2ZrDu.png
Maybe Miss chief?

h5n5vwq.png
May be.

zX2ZrDu.png
So, how did you do it?

h5n5vwq.png
I told you...

zX2ZrDu.png
You hit 'em until they bled!

h5n5vwq.png
No.

zX2ZrDu.png
...then you licked the blood from your hands...

h5n5vwq.png
I said no.

zX2ZrDu.png
...and watered your flowers with it...

h5n5vwq.png
And they call me sick.

zX2ZrDu.png
Did you use your powers of persuasion then?

h5n5vwq.png
Maybe I did.

zX2ZrDu.png
I'm pretty sure you did. That's why I can ask you to help me pester the runts from this day on.

h5n5vwq.png
No!

zX2ZrDu.png
Really? Your lips say no, but your actions say yes.

h5n5vwq.png
Do you have to be so obnoxious about it?

zX2ZrDu.png
You leave me no choice.

h5n5vwq.png
I did nothing, okay? Didn't beat them, didn't browbeat 'em.

zX2ZrDu.png
Then how did you?..

h5n5vwq.png
All the prisoners were nurses from the Academy, right? So I called the Academy and arranged a bailout.
8zfHITT.png
zX2ZrDu.png
You're shitting me.

h5n5vwq.png
They have a hotline for that kind of stuff, with tickets and paperwork.

zX2ZrDu.png
You're not shitting me.

h5n5vwq.png
I'm not. The Academy often sends those poor sods to the wastes. It's not the first time that they got captured by locals. So their higher-ups created a bail-out line.

zX2ZrDu.png
Like a shop or something?

h5n5vwq.png
Yeah. It's cheaper to buy the hostages out than fight for them risking casualties. And they have little trouble getting recruits this way. Anyway, all went nice and civil. I've even exchanged some medical notes with one of the nurses.
a1esR73.png
zX2ZrDu.png
Really?

h5n5vwq.png
It's their job, you know. Spreading the medical knowledge among the populace. Anyway. I called the gobs and they agreed to be the mediators for a small price.

zX2ZrDu.png
And what about the captain?

h5n5vwq.png
What about her.

zX2ZrDu.png
She seems to think you did some top tier diplomancy.

h5n5vwq.png
About that... Yeah, I guess I maybe didn't mention all the specifics.

zX2ZrDu.png
I see.

h5n5vwq.png
Don't tell her.

zX2ZrDu.png
Maybe I won't.

h5n5vwq.png
I'll give you some booze from the first yield.

zX2ZrDu.png
Deal. But you're so screwed.

h5n5vwq.png
I know, I know! I don't want her to talk to me again in that cold voice of hers!

zX2ZrDu.png
I won't tell her. But... What're you going to do should we capture more?

h5n5vwq.png
Water the plants with their blood?

zX2ZrDu.png
U-huh. You know what. It would cost you more booze, but you can call me if you'd need help talking to them.

h5n5vwq.png
Really?

zX2ZrDu.png
I have some experience with that.

Capturing enemy units is central for the mod, because basic income isn't even sufficient for base upkeep and crafting has ROI of 10-20% (you'll need 5-10 months to return investment on a workshop with engineers). Selling captives for cash or extorting stuff from them (manufacturing items "out of" captives) is one of the central mechanics of the mod.
I've played this mod only for two ingame months, so I have no idea how critical is the imprisonment for the game progress. It definitely seems so.
So far I've seen captives provide lore dumps and info about gear when they're researched. The research is repeatable and lore drops are probably limited by drop lists, but I don't know for sure. And I don't want you to spoil it either!

Last edited:

Endemic

Arcane
This entry seems to be bugged (the title):

a1esR73.png

Also, why no combat or base management in this update?

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
This entry seems to be bugged (the title):
Also, why no combat or base management in this update?
It's okay. That pic is what I got from researching one of the captured nurses. The captives can be researched repeatedly and they will keep providing random infodumps.
I'm halfway through writing another update. It has small skirmish with more captives. So I had to finish this one first to introduce prisoner management mechanics in character.
There will be more mono dialogue updates in the future. I like RP heavy LPs.

Endemic

Arcane
It's okay. That pic is what I got from researching one of the captured nurses. The captives can be researched repeatedly and they will keep providing random infodumps.

Fair enough.

I'm halfway through writing another update. It has small skirmish with more captives. So I had to finish this one first to introduce prisoner management mechanics in character.

There will be more mono dialogue updates in the future. I like RP heavy LPs.

I look forward to the voting ;)

lightbane

Arcane
Oh right, the Men are Superior vote. I do recommend using the mid-button for the mouse for research, as the game's research tree is too big for its own good. I read they added a non-color Codex option for those wishing for a challenge. Selling captives used to be the main method of getting money in the past, but it gets repetitive to do 1000+ missions with little variation. Nowadays it seems the gambling mechanic is much better for getting money.

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
Chapter 5. Gimp a Pimp

44VaIfa.png

Ambient (Ace Combat: Assault Horizon OST - Town Of Fiction)
q42dJGT.png
And nobody tells us where we're flying. Again.

cl0lPyD.png
I don't have a slightest idea as well.

q42dJGT.png
Is this some kind of pirate tradition I wasn't warned about? Eh, grandma? Six!

zX2ZrDu.png
What?

q42dJGT.png
You're the tradition keeper.

zX2ZrDu.png
What?

q42dJGT.png
Being old and all that?..

zX2ZrDu.png
Arentcha tired of yourself?

q42dJGT.png
Or maybe the office hit our cap'n in da head?

8zVCHsg.jpg
You want her to be your equal or something?

q42dJGT.png
I want to know where're we going!

8KiK8un.png
I'll tell in a minute.

Time goes. Four begins counting seconds on her fingers but runs out.

8KiK8un.png
Awright, lis'n up. We be heading to the south of Aisha. As ye know, we still need money. Lotsa money. So our brainers found us some robbin' opportunity.

HX8Wcpn.png
Couldn't we find something a tad closer?

3Y6R55o.png
We could. It's not only about the money. Some thugs had captured uber gal. They hold her in a brothel and do naughty things to her. On video. It gets popular quickly.
jUj56zU.png
HX8Wcpn.png
Not the worst of fates.

3Y6R55o.png
They're also going to sell her to the highest bidder.

q42dJGT.png
Sick fucks.

3Y6R55o.png
That's the East. They'd be going "gud prais, gud kvaliti mai frend" while selling you their children.

8zVCHsg.jpg
Why's the haste?

3Y6R55o.png
There's an auction. It doesn't have that many bids yet, but it will. Ubers for sale are uncommon. We need to get her before the buyers do.

8KiK8un.png
One more thing. Boannie did a great job with the prisoners. I want to get more. So capture as many hostages as you can without putting yourself in danger.

zX2ZrDu.png
Hmpf.

cl0lPyD.png
Do we really have to capture the civilians?

8KiK8un.png
Of course not. Avoid the passersby. Get anyone you can in the brothel. There're no innocents inside.

cl0lPyD.png
What about the visitors?

zX2ZrDu.png
They went to the brothel for some action. I say, we give it to them.

8KiK8un.png
Exactly.

Several hours later

8KiK8un.png
Gather up, gals. It's our first prop' raid. Lotsa civvies. The cops will be on us after half an hour, tops. So we get in, get the gal, get anyone who gets in the way and get out. Should anything go wrong, we get to the bus and run.

qVUKkzu.png

IGCgwE6.png
Anyone there?

ZhFoIYR.png
Me.

IGCgwE6.png
Great. Are you watching local media?

ZhFoIYR.png
Yes. I'll ping if something happens.

BF7cNQa.png

uzkXsWg.png

q42dJGT.png
What a slum.

HX8Wcpn.png
It's the East.

q42dJGT.png
It stinks.

HX8Wcpn.png
It's the East.

8zVCHsg.jpg
Shut and go!

q42dJGT.png
Easy for you to say, you have those pants for smell protection. Ugh.

Two has kicked the door to some warehouse and gals rushed inside.
IecfPN7.png

AyTlkMB.png

Nobody in the brothel had noticed anything yet.
7LemVP8.png

zIBGZE4.png

aQlHNqA.png

8KiK8un.png
On ahoy we rush in both doors at the same time. Ready? Ahoy!

One, Three and Five got through the right door. Two visitors with hoes were there. One of the visitors killed his buddy via reaction fire. Hoes began to scream but got clubbed.

DQpQF8F.png

Two and Six got in the left door.

thijnm6.png

There was a single guy in a leather jacket and a helmet. Probably a bouncer.

Lo2BU73.png

He turned to look in the direction of gunfire and got clubbed from behind.

CoKZY2P.png

HX8Wcpn.png
Basement!

zX2ZrDu.png
Yeah!

Gunfire.

HX8Wcpn.png
Ack!

3zPbYRJ.png

Some whore had probably decided she's going to be killed now, shot at Two and got it in the face.

3bgwkRj.png

wGEXskm.png

Six ran further in the basement.

zX2ZrDu.png
Eeep!!

8KiK8un.png
Six?

zX2ZrDu.png
Nothing. Fucking sex doll.

qr6me4d.png

One and Four rushed to the second floor and bashed some prostitutes there.

q42dJGT.png
Dooring time!

qv1jvgO.png

Five and Three got some guy with his pants down.

E4unq8v.png

8z7lEOj.png

cl0lPyD.png
Who the hell makes a toilet on the top floor?

8zVCHsg.jpg
Perverts!

Meanwhile, Six went through the basement and got out on the other side. Through the window she saw some movement outside and went to check.

pogq8dz.png

ieQADCt.png

zX2ZrDu.png
Two more!

PJm1oXq.png
Take that!

zX2ZrDu.png
Argh!

8KiK8un.png
Coming!

VISaYAt.jpg
They're beating our hoes!

Shrapnel flew in the air.

XTiYpmd.png
RRRA!..

3v9DbSv.png

XTiYpmd.png
...ugh.

VISaYAt.jpg
Wha?

shfLWWY.png

And with that it was over.
g4s0SJy.png

aDVixCV.png

J1CZomv.png
IGCgwE6.png
What's on the net?

ZhFoIYR.png
Nothing yet.

IGCgwE6.png
Great. Keep watching.

8KiK8un.png
It's not over! Somebody check the gal.

HX8Wcpn.png
I'm with her. She's unconscious, but alive. Prob'ly nothing serious, too much sex and not 'nough helly.
bxoUPIF.png
8KiK8un.png
Right! Everyone. Pile all the prisoners you can in the bus. Two and Three, the basement is yours. Four to Six, main building. Get anything small and valuable.

zX2ZrDu.png
Me and Five would go from the top.

8KiK8un.png
Go!

Three minutes later.

q42dJGT.png
We don't have enough rope to tie 'em up.

8zVCHsg.jpg
Use their belts.

q42dJGT.png
It's not enough!

8zVCHsg.jpg
Use their pants then.

q42dJGT.png
Ew! I'm not touching there!

HX8Wcpn.png
I'll check the basement, there's ought to be something there.

8zVCHsg.jpg
You see that doll, don't forget to squeal like it's your first time.

HX8Wcpn.png
Ha, yeah.

Second floor, five minutes later. Six brushes blood off her biceps.

pM8dJRS.png
Drat...

cl0lPyD.png
You hit?

pM8dJRS.png
Nothing a good drink won't heal.

cl0lPyD.png
I'll get your share of captives, you gather the weapons.

pM8dJRS.png
Aww, you're honey. Run. I'll be in a minute.

Five dashes away. Six pours the booze on the graze and bandages it.

pM8dJRS.png
Drattity drat. Am I getting too old for this stuff?

Four minutes later.

ZhFoIYR.png
Cap'n!

IGCgwE6.png
What?

ZhFoIYR.png
Some retards in a local chat noticed you. They think it's a brothel cat fight.

IGCgwE6.png
Cops?

ZhFoIYR.png
None yet.

8KiK8un.png
Gals, take everything you can carry and get to the bus! Now!

A minute later.

nLNjbkL.png
Emergency.

eD1x3Ol.png
I think there might be a mass brawl nearby.

nLNjbkL.png
Where're you?

eD1x3Ol.png
Cowriver. Ooh! One sree is dragging the other by her hair!

nLNjbkL.png
Can you share your location with me?

eD1x3Ol.png
Oooh!.. What? No! I'm not a snitch!

nLNjbkL.png
If you won't name a place, we might be too late to help.

eD1x3Ol.png
Oooooh... What? Damn. Are you stupid? I don't want you to get here. I want you to share the moment with me. And you've ruined it!

nLNjbkL.png
Hello? Hello?..

zoR2bKB.png

Last edited:

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
Interlude 1.

Audience participation time!

8KiK8un.png
Lis'n up, you scurvy dogs!

8KiK8un.png
We 'ave 5 positions in da crew. State the gal you want to sponsor and a preferred callsign. First come first served.

8KiK8un.png
A bunk, a club and a share of loot are guaranteed. Survival is not guaranteed.

One - Cointoss
You can't have her, she's mine! [GM char]
Best shooter and pilot in the crew right now.

ZL22FuY.png
Two

3o95PJi.png
Three
Cold bitch and the second pilot.
Wears fur bikini, because it improves her stamina (and warms the heart).

oKXQlC5.png
Four (Ninety Nine)
The youngest in the crew. The petulant one. Tends to start trouble and run away.
Wears fur bikini, cuz it's liberating (and improves her stamina).

x31GgUB.png
Five
Cowardly powerlifter and a nerd wannabe. Glasses make her smarter.

b8bsKtU.png
Six
The oldest in the crew. Always has smokes on her somewhere. Can't run as well as other gals.

wssGP0n.png
If you don't get a gal (or don't like anyone in the initial crew), get in the line. Eventually you'll get one.

8KiK8un.png
Or rather she'll get you.

The potential recruit was captured during the last mission. She'll be available soon.
I'll try to keep everyone alive, since getting rookies is kinda problematic. But I'm playing almost ironman, so no guarantees here.

If you like, you may give me a callsign, reference picture and RP text for your protege. I'll try to adjust ingame. If you want to copycat some person or character, give me a name as well.
There're two rules:
- dickhead callsigns are no go.
- limit the pic to softcore, pls.

Character decisions (gear and plot choices, etc.) are possible in the future.

I've ninja-edited thread description and a table of contents into the first post.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Two

Best chef? Sound like fun, I'll take that one. Callsign Chef. Makes food or cooking-related puns if possible

Last edited:

Luka-boy

Arcane
Dibs on #Three.

Every all-female team needs a bitch and the crew are a bunch of women of low moral fiber anyway, so... call her Lucia and have her act like a total karen. Must look like a bitchy MILF you'd fuck spitefully, so something like this under the mask:

Preference for melee (gotta get in your face to complain about what she doesn't like) and then switch to VooDoo if you ever go that route. Imagine a witch using social-media like magic. High bravery perfectly represents being too dumb to think about the situation she's in, like a good karen.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom