Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Say one GOOD thing about a SHIT game

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Planescape Torment had good graphics.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Oblivion had good music tracks. That's all I got.

The Outer Worlds had a bunch of nanas. For all that talk about food shortages, there sure were a lot of fruits and vegtables lying around everywhere, so players can eat healthy. :obviously:

Fallout 4 lets you send Preston to the Murkwater settlement, so you can watch him getting punched by a mudcrab queen whenever you feel like it. :hahano:

Fallout 3 had slavery. Not the pussy version of FO4. Real human slaves. Even kids. Gotta give them kudos for going that dark. :salute:

Fallout 76 has radtoads. I misread them as "RadTodds", so punching them with a powerfist was oddly satisfying.

Last edited:

sardonix

Educated
When you exit Quake 1 and 2 where every single level is made with the same 5 brown textures, you can appreciate how beautifully colored the real world is.

deuxhero

Arcane
Fallout 3 had that eyes adjusting to natural light callback to the Fallout narrative text upon exiting the vault cave.

Xelocix

Learned
With The Last Of Us 2 we got this amazing video:

Not to mention some amazing memes that continue to piss off Neil Cuckmann to this day.

0:56 Didn't expect to see Houseki no Kuni in this video of all things. Very underrated series. One of the few things written by a woman that isn't complete shit.

That Which Sleeps made me understand how nigerian scammers are able to still make money.
There are probably still people yelling on the kickstarter page that if the haters would just shut up the game would come out.

Semiurge

Cipher
Fallout 3 had slavery. Not the pussy version of FO4. Real human slaves. Even kids. Gotta give them kudos for going that dark.

It was still sanitized as fuck. The game had no sexual threat or predatory options for the PC. No, I don't need rape in Fallouts but this was still too obvious. Fallout went mainstream, and changed its influences (A Boy and His Dog, Mad Max 1&2) to family-safe ones (Tank Girl movie adaptation).

Nos

Novice
PoE has good party building.

Tyranny's concept is pretty fucking solid and many RPG's should copy it.
Yes, I liked Bronze Age with Real Gods
Might & Magic IX was the only thematically sound MM game.
No
Dungeon Lords is (probably) fun in co-op.
I doubt it
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - see above.

Fallout 3 was the logical successor of Fallout due to FO 1) being basically a single character game because of fucking stupid companions and 2) being combat heavy but combat was super boring and not engaging.
Your logic is stupid
Arcanum like FO had dumb dialogue, taking attributes beyond pure abstraction.
No
TES: Arena is just fucking beautiful and atmospheric and a fixed class system is much better and more :obviously: for a TES game.
No
Ultima VII / BG had an interesting foil/ nemesis.
Yes, and was also one of the best games of all time...
Lands of Lore II had panthers flinging what looked like lethal poo at you, cracks me up every time.
No
Inquisitor has interesting character building options (not talking about how viable those options are).
Inquisitor also had an interesting story and atmosphere buried under a totally broken gameplay system, especially the horrid combat...

Codex Year of the Donut
Oblivion's simulation elements were interesting and could have been the foundation for something cool if they didn't get ripped out come Skyrim

Zlaja

Arcane
- "I saw a mudcrab and forgot" is a meme that will never get old (Oblivion)

- All the nude mods (Resident Evil 6)

- Never played it (World Of Warcraft)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hero Castle Wars is keeping me from purchasing Diablo Resurrected.
F_65gKJj4zNrFsePu1UwA5kim18dXUsxqy_Fx56533D48Am_agz8C6o9YEsbetqsKt0

If only I knew math.... being an Oregonian
FRjXsbs.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom